1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon's Comments About Negativity

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Liam Scales, Aug 29, 2013.

Discuss Neil Lennon's Comments About Negativity in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. murphy88

The fact that we have qualified, has proven that the board got it right regarding new faces brought in. The only thing that could stop us getting there, was the team and manager. The players we had at our disposal were more than capable of beating Cliftonville, Elfsborg & Shakhtar Karagandy. Now we can strenghthen and look to build for the Group Stages.

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I think people are also confusing constructive criticism with negativity, it's a far different thing for me.

3. Mr. Slippyfist

Not a chance will he be off mate.

This is a man who has been here since 2001 - and has had to put up with all of this as a player.

And we all know what he's put up with as a manager here.

You honestly think he's gonnae walk because he's not getting the respect we deserve? Nah.

4. Mr. Slippyfist

Possibly.

I think Lennon does the same also when he talks about people's views on Forrest. It's obvious to anycunt and their dug that Lennon just loves Forrest - the wee * does my nut in, but I know there's an excellent wee player there when he keeps his arms down and gets on with the game - which, apart from one or two times, he did for most of last night.

5. Choccy McClair

Yes I do, he's been giving very slight hints for months now.
    Neil won't be around for the long term.
    Watch this space......

6. Darnok

To be honest, he did mess up In Kazhakstan; Sammy isn't a centre-forward and Mulgrew isn't a midfielder. He got it right last night though, so I ma happy for him.

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I agree, I also think that was more aimed at the folk he'll hear flinging abuse at him from the stands. Which is the difference, critcising his flaws isn't negative, screaming abuse at him is.

I get what I'm saying here, but i'm still pished so don't know if ut's coming across properly :56:

8. Mr. Slippyfist

I know exactly what you're meaning, my wee drunken * ye :smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002:

I think Lennon is having a pop at both those who have mindless pops at him and his players, as well as those who give "constructive" criticism - which I don't think he likes hearing.

9. J.p.mac

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broonie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Lenny is spot on I looks to me that some of our supporters can't handle the fact that servco are dead and they have turned on they own to fill the gap this has created some of the * comming out like wee Jamsie not having a neck haven't they thought it might be a big collar on he's shirt it seems like some of are not happy unless you are taking the * out of our players for me once they pull on a Celtic shirt im with them 100% if they have a good or bad game makes no difference to me they remain Celtic players and always will .scott brown went through it for a time when he was our captain for * sake and in some people's mind he shouldn't be at Celtic and all I've ever seen is broonie give 100% in every game he plays in.

10. khunter1981

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew

Well said. :50:

11. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    This is what he said about the negativity and got stuck into ITV as well

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3662110&postcount=49

I think he's spot on as well. There's far too much knee-* reactions to things. I understand criticism and frustration - and I'm sure Lennon does as well - but there's criticism and then there can be purely over-the-top reactions.

Was good to see him say it like it is.

12. Don Larsson

Neil Lennon has done an absolutely brilliant job negotiating us through 3 qualifiers from as early as mid July - which I agree are harder than people imagine - and I'm delighted for him. The pressure he was under was understandably overbearing. However, I thought his interview was, ironically, far too negative. For example, he didn't refer to the great atmosphere generated by our fans last night, yet felt the need to claim that some Celtic fans 'don't take' to James Forrest based on - I can only assume - criticisms about his arguable regression on internet forums like this one, which doesn't exactly equate to Forrest being booed at games. Even his griping at the negative media was unnecessary in terms of their coverage following the 1st leg. The media are far too negative generally and Celtic/Lennon are often treated with condescension North and South of the border, he's spot on about that, but losing 2-0 to a Kazakh team was fair ground for criticism and is certainly not "disgusting" as he put it. Anyway I'm sure he just wanted to let off some steam and Celtic Football Club moves onwards and upwards for another Champions League adventure.

13. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    thought NL was having a dig at the board tbh.

14. Zoso83

I felt like i was getting a row from the boss. :52:

15. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    The trouble with Scotland is that it is populated by the most negative people on the face of the earth.

The way the English media go on about their league is horrific......but realistically we and the press in this country could take a leaf out of their book. Talk about it in a positive sense once in a while. Don't kick it at every opportunity.

Even on this forum, you see it everyday, people saying we would struggle in the BPL, and might not even win the Championship. That quite frankly is bullshit. It's always after 1 or 2 poor results. We're a CL standard side. We may not sign the biggest names in football or spend tens of millions on individual players, but we know how to build a team with guys who's strengths complement each other, and at home we fear no one.

16. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I don't really know what the * i'm talking about tbh

17. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Yes, thats why a lot think we can not be independent as well, sad state of afairs tbh.

18. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    It's the main reason imo that we won't get it.

The unionist's know this too, their whole campaign is focused on the potential negative, rather than presenting an actual case for making things better.

19. Vertie Auld

I felt like that too. :smiley-laughing002:

20. Mr. Slippyfist

[​IMG]