1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon's Comments About Negativity

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Liam Scales, Aug 29, 2013.

Discuss Neil Lennon's Comments About Negativity in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Absolutely spot on and something we as a support need to take on board, we can be our own worst enemies at times as well as our biggest positive.

He's right about the press, there's nothing that we can do about that. What we need to do is take a step back and take a deep breath sometimes and not use everything as a rod to hit the team with.

He's said everything at the perfect time last night, the board got there message that they better listen to. We as a support are the same.

2. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    It was a struge getting there and Lenny knows he could have had a little more support financially after letting the spine of the team go, and * sale dont the press know how to just keep a negative cloud over paradise? *.

Time for the board to put up now were at the promised land of champions league, the press to face facts and realise Huns are deid so no need to keep blowing their arses while attempting to keep us in the negative, and fans to maintain their amazing support (and the moany beggars to moan a little less).

Can not wait till the draw!!!

3. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I thought he was brilliant in his interviews last night. Hard hitting and direct.

He has really learned how to use the media in the last couple of seasons.

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye, you can tell he had that prepared and he waited for a moment where he is basically untouchable, speaks from the head instead of the heart now.

5. goodybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I feel bad for Lennon. He wants the best for us and actually admits losing sleep due to our expectations. Its not an easy job but he's the perfect man for it.

6. Mr. Slippyfist

Lennon is entitled to his opinion of us as much as we are of him and his team.

Having criticised both his and the team's performance last week, I don't mind him having a go back as well.

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I think the criticism last week was justified, however, in general, we can be harsh as * as a support.

8. Mr. Slippyfist

As a support, we can also electrify the stadium, lift the team and the spirits and back the Bhoys to the hilt (remember the "we are all Neil Lennon" stuff?).

It works in both ways.

9. craigcfc7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broonyy...Broonyy....!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Thought his press conference with BBC last night was excellent. Seen a real passionate, but level headed and mature side to Neil Lennon. He knew that after how things unfolded last night he was on a very high pedestal, with everyone listening - and used it as an opportunity to try and drive change. Well done Neil!

I didn't agree with absolutely everything he said - but having the savvy to pick your time to try and nip things on the bud is clever.

I just hope Neil and the board are thinking long term - We are the best team in the country by a long way right now - we're raking in money right left and centre.....while I hope we spend to improve for the CL - I also think a long term strategy to ensure the gap between us an THEM remains as big as ever - even when they work thier way back, is important. We have a chance here to generate a very, very long period of domestic domination - greater than has ever been seen in Scotland IMO - and the time to plan for it is now! :shamrock::shamrock:

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Don't doubt that, I'm with Neil on it being more negative than positive at the start of this year.

11. Mr. Slippyfist

Well, surely since Neil Lennon last night was apparently moaning about something similar (loosing 3 key players) - and on the cusp of going out of the CL to one of the worst teams ever, I think some of that negativity was fairly warranted. And let's not forget the whol negativity of his board in regards to the GB scenario.........

I agree with him the negativity regarding the likes of Balde and that, but some of the football displayed by Celtic this season has been shoite, as has some of his tactics.

Like I say, if we're entitled to criticism of the team and Lennon, then it is only fair that Lennon is entitled to his criticism of the support etc. I may not agree with him on the whole, but * it - he's back in the good books :smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002:

12. Belfast_Bhoy

Great post mate. I get the feeling that last night's draw has put a big pair of rose tinted glassed on some of out more critical support. Had the result not gone our way last night... Those comments from Lennon could have been seen as blaming fans/board/media for what ultimately is his responsibility...

However, I get the impression lenny listens to the slack we give him and tries to prove us wrong on those points... (and may he keep doing it!!)

13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Agreed mate, we have our reasons. Some of them is, quite franlly, * based on nothing but fantasy i.e. people complaining about Boerrogter's injury proneness :56:

14. Mr. Slippyfist

Yeah, he's a fiery wee * is Lennon and would not shirk away from an argument/flak, so you can appreciate why he'd have a go at certain areas. IF we had lost last night, I was one of those who thought Lennon's position at the club was in serious question - glad his squad went out and won, but not just the winning, it was the WAY they won. Woke up this morning and stil lcouldn't believe the performances of guys like Samaras - they were like a team possessed last night...........incredible when you know your guys can play like that - it gives you SO much confidence as a supporter.

I know mate, there are genuinely some utter goonballs out there who - if you were speaking to them - you wouldn't be able to tell their mouths from their arseholes :56::56::56::56:

I like to think most of my criticism is warranted - even if I can be a bit picky - but there's no excuse for just being a total fucknugget and moaning about EVERYTHING and non-existant *!

15. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He played a blinder last night, fair * to him.

16. Moros

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mohamed Bangura.
    This is a Celtic forum so if there was ever a place for a Celtic fan to air his worries about the team or anything regarding the club then this is the place for it as it practically affects nothing and lets you get your point across.

Obviously if you're at a game then it's completely different, I've sat next to * that do nothing but moan the whole game and I just don't get that, you're there to support the team surely.

Have no problem with Lenny having a go at all and sundry last night, it must be frustrating for him as the manager of Celtic to listen to a lot of the nonsense that is spouted considering he is the only man that really knows what's going on at Celtic.

17. mickmcl1888

To be honest I think the recent negativity and anger from the support has been totally justified. Peter Lawwell and the board took a masssive gamble and luckily for them it paid off but what if it hadnt? Theyve got another chance now as we have to make signings before Monday to improve the first team. It was a great performance last night under a lot of pressure but we were up against possibly the worst side ever to reach the champions league playoff so its not all suddenly rosey again. Sorry for being negative as I am on top of the world today but I'm not someone to just jump on the bandwagon when things are going well then the first to run them down when its not.

18. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Can someone provide a breakdown of what was said

19. Mr. Slippyfist

I'm sorry mate, but the board never took a massive gamble - I'd say they made a really sensible decision.

We lost Wanyama, Hooper and Kelvin Wilson.

This season, we signed Mouyokolo, van *, Boeriggter and Balde (last three for around £7m).

We had a squad more than capable of qualifying for the group stages with sanctioning another £10-15m on signings that might not have guaranteed qualification (and if we hadn't qualified, it've been money doon the pan).

It's already been public knowledge that we HAVE bid for players before the last two games, and either been knocked back by players, or * about by clubs in terms of transfer fees being over-inflated. The big Isreali lad seems to be on his way in, and this Pukki guy seems also to become a Celt soon.

I cannot see how the board can be taking ANY flak over this what soever when we've been actively trying to replace the three amigos.

20. Choccy McClair

I listened to him interview on sportsound on the way back from the game and I've never heard Neil so angry, resentful.
    He sounded like the world was on his shoulders and it sounded like he'd had enough.
    He's been hinting for a year now that he spoke to Martin and Gordon about how long is a Celtic managers career, 3 yrs he said.
    I might be plucking this from thin air but I'm sensing he's gonna make am exit in the next 12 month. It must be hellish for him, he's been demonised by the scottish media. You see fat Sally always laughing and smiling in press photos but they've always got Neil (99% of the time snarling, angry , raging.
    How many of us could take that *. Not me, I'd like to think I could , but could I? Really?