1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Are we a team full of nice guys?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by G_portillo, Aug 27, 2013.

Discuss Are we a team full of nice guys? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Throughout the last few games iv been looking around the team and i think we lack a real tough man and leader..

Someone in the Neil Lennon/Roy Keane mould who does the nitty gritty work, puts in the meaty challanges and fires up the rest of the team. And who can also turn to another player and tell them to get the finger out. I think in certain games like Elfsborg and Karagandy away we could really use more of this kind of character.

In some games where the play can get scrappy i just dont feel as if we have enough dig and sometimes our players look as if they lack interest. I think that although we have Scott Brown, we could still do with a real leader within the team.

Wanyama was dominant for us and he always seemed so composed and never really seemed to get phased or lose the rag. But sometimes id like to see one of our players get fired up and show more desire and passion.

Does anyone share the same oppionion? Or if not who do you think brings this to the team?

2. Tulf

Scott Brown...

3. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Broony does this job but if he is out then our team seems to lack bite, aggression and urgency........

in fact many times we lack urgency in our build up which is over elaborated.. breaking down teams is something we need to improve on

4. scootz

Brooney is our terrier... the team loses its bite when he's not playing!

5. CFC_67_88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fraser Forster
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Victor Wanyama
    Broony is our man but we need a bobo style in our back line

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Broony, Ledley can be hard as nails. Stokes can be a proper *.

Wee Adam Matthews isn't shy to thump a player as well.

Charlie Mulgrew as well.

7. Dion Telfer

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Broony isn't the only fiery player we've got. If you push the wrong buttons with Charlie Mulgrew or Sammy or even Stokesy you'll get a reaction too.

8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The only player of the ilk the OP is talking about that I can think of is Forrest i.e. will refuse to go in for tackles at times and gets pissy when he is tackled himself.

The majority of the squad are plenty street wise.

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I think the op has a point,I do feel it sometimes watching us that there's a lack of bite..
    Leadership,drive etc..

Broody is the standout and we also have Ledley who can mix it,both these players will if need be regularly get involved,dragging,fighting,leading when we need it but I look around and I don't see much else,especially when 1 or both of these 2 aren't playing..

Sure everybody can do the dirty side of things at times but from the rest I don't see it enough..

10. Celtic_Jorge

Spot on above.

Most teams that you talk to are terrified are Scott Brown.

11. Celtic abu

Kayal goes through * for a shortcut when he`s in the mood

12. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Though I think Brooney and possibly guys like Ledley and Mulgrew can do that, certainly aren't shy in the tackle or anything, I agree that we need a Bobo type at the back, the sort of defender who attackers will * themselves when they run at them. Still hoping Mouyokolo could do that, was far from impressed with him against Shakter but other than that he's done well so far.

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

There's a massive difference between having a nasty streak and showing leadership and drive. Three completely seperate footballing attributes.

We don't lack bite but I would agree we lack leadership and drive at times.

14. BuenosAiresBhoy

I think were missing a leader in Defence, the back four always seem quiet and dont look to communicate often, I think that was one of the main reasons were going to miss Kelvin Wilson now because he seemed as if he was the only one to organise the defence and wasnt afraid to give out to the rest of them when wrong

15. ronan1888

We aren't short on aggression tackling-wise. Sometimes, we lack drive going forward/retaining possession though (which is what we notice when Brown is out the team)

16. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Wanyama done what needed done and more and never had to act the hard man or lose the rag. Was too good. Pity he always picked up silly yellows.
    But my point is you don't always need fire and fight to be dominant.

And also brown is (as has been mentioned) the fiery fighter.

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    When I say dirty I don't mean going out there joey Barton style and destroying people,I mean just mixing it up as we get plenty of it domestically..
    You can be a quality player and have that aggression aswell,as long as its channelled..

For me we lack a bit of bite,wanyama,brown and ledley optimised that last season and maybe it's the big man but we miss something along with leadership and drive!

18. bgmick Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Against Juve last season when they were pulling our players about in the box, and shoving them on their arses I cant remember anyone going in to help out.I was disappointed that we seemed to * it and the Italians took advantage of our lack of fight and got the upper hand in the penalty box. We don't have any "hard men" in our team so we should have made up for it by going in team handed and stood up for ourselves.As for the notion of Sammy getting angry! FFS he's more like a St Johns Ambulanceman always checking every player who goes down injured and helping them up :56:

19. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Who keeps tagging posts with '* sake Loovens'? :smiley-laughing002: