1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Niclas Eliasson

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Wellsy, Jun 7, 2013.

Discuss Niclas Eliasson in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wellsy

Swedish wonderkid Niclas Eliasson has spoken in glowing terms about his trial with Celtic.

The 17-year-old plays for Falkenberg in the Swedish Second Division and is attracting attention from across Europe.

Dubbed the Samba Swede, Eliasson has a unique background spliting his time between Sweden and Brazil as his football skills develop.

“It went really well,” he told leading Swedish newspaper Expressen about his Celtc trial. “Things felt goodl from the first training session, I also played in a small tournament which we won and I scored most of the goals.

“Celtic also wanted me to go to a tournament in Quatar but that wasn’t possible. They were happy with me and I enjoyed being there. Their season is finished just now so we’ll see what happens."

“Being at Celtic was similar to the way things were organised at Arsenal, both clubs have good set ups, the training complex at Celtic is quite new. I spoke with Mikel Lustig when I was there and also Bahrudin (Atajic).”

Eliasson’s unique background of Swedish father and Brazilian mother has allowed him to develop his skills mixing the best of both nations.

Every year when the Swedish winter bites he heads to Brazil splitting his development between Falkenberg and Porto de Barra.

Eliasson explained: “I’ve always gone to Brazil over the winter so I have a pretty clear idea of ??what it takes to succeed, there’s a big difference between the two countries.

“When it’s raining in our winter I’m on the beach training in Brazil where the football is very different.

“I’m happy for now playing for Falkenberg and getting first team football. I’m not sure what the next step will be, maybe Holland would be the best country for me.

“Spain, Italy or England would be good, in England football has changed, smaller technical players get their chance but I feel that Holland could be the next step for me.”
    Falkenberg are currently sitting in second place in the Superetten (Second Division) with Eliasson starting all ten matches this season.

http://videocelts.com/2013/06/blogs/swedish-wonderkid-delighted-by-celtic-trial?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013
  2. dmccourt95

Sounds like he doesn't have any intention of joining Celtic

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yeah looks like he's got no interest in coming and if he's as good as is reported then we've no chance anyway..

4. CelticKurd

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony and Willie Maley
    10 games, 2 assists no goals... nooooooooooooo

5. GMS

he is 17 ........

6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    SPL? No? :54::56:

7. ynwa1987

That's also a * poor sample to judge a player on. When was the last time we signed an under 18 year old who ended up making the grade?

8. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Leave.

9. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I wouldn't really call this a link. He came for a weeks trial, but it doesn't say we are looking to sign him, or that he has any intention of seeking a move here.

10. mightymcginn

watt

11. CelticKurd

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony and Willie Maley

:50: * doyle,dunne and this guy, bring the young ones on and 2-3 quality players with potential

12. ynwa1987

True, always forget we got him from Airdrie.

Hopefully he gets more games next season.

13. ChristianH

Fav Celtic Player:
    Everyone who's wearing the Celtic shirt
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
  14. pokerbhoy74

He signed for them a couple of weeks ago, his agent at the time said that Celtic as well as other clubs wanted to sign him but the player just felt AIK was the best move for him at the moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.