1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Efe Ambrose

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Bhoy., Feb 12, 2013.

Discuss Efe Ambrose in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Thank * he's suspended for Sunday. Just watched that goal again, his lack of awareness of who is around him and what is happening is a major flaw of his.

2. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

thats it

its got to be

we come together and get into some great positions in games and then bammmmm

same guy every time! has us guttered with a brain fart

its got to get into the heads of the players, how can they keep raising their standards for efe mostly and if not him izzy * it up and ruining it
    theres got to be limits in accepting terrible mistakes from players that * up the clubs chances regularly

we must be able to get someone that doesnt panic like this all the time in games

in saying all that as a footballer with the game in front of him i doubt theres a better footballing central defender in the league and most of the time he can handle things defensively but there is always the punishing moment for him and us always, he must have slept with the man up stairs wife or something

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2015
  3. UsernameCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The foggy dew
    Did he play on the 2-1 victory over Barcelona?

4. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Yes

5. UsernameCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The foggy dew
    Just checked it and he did holy *:smiley-laughing002:

6. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

You going to move the posts again tomorrow?:rolleyes:

7. wulliebad

If carlsberg made * ups.
    Efe must have cost celtic more money than any other player I can think of with his mistakes in euro games.

8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Suspicious.

9. PlasticViking

It's like hooking up with a really hot bird, but then it turns out she doesn't do *. But then you still stick by her for a while, partly cause it's expected of you, partly because she doesn't deserve being treated like trash, but deep down you know it ain't gonna work out. That's how I feel about Effe. Best of luck to him, nice lad and there's a footballer in there somwhere, but it's time to part ways. For both's sake.

10. 7-1

We'll laugh about this in a couple years... Unless of course he has signed a new contract and is still playing for us.. :smiley-laughing002:

Anyway, he never played too badly to be honest last night up until the mistake.

11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Dunno how anyone can really still defend him.

Forget if he played well up until 40 mins, big deal. Fact is he has once again cost us, that is the risk you take with playing this clown. Sooner people realise the better.

Honestly amazed at alot of fans still loving the guy and laughing it off, what other player would get that treatment...anyone else makes mistakes like that and he gets hounded out.

But it's 'Efe' so he can get away with it, cos it's funny. Bit boring now, tbh. If a large proportion of our fans are happy with mediocre players who can't defend and will constantly cost you then fair enough.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2015
  12. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry

We're not happy with him playing like this, I think pretty much everyone wants him to go now.

Nevertheless a lot of us forgive him because it's not his fault. He's not lazy, he's not (if people are honest with themselves) * and he doesn't have a bad attitude (quite the opposite!); he has some sort of mental issue that he doesn't seem able to get over and that will sadly stop him reaching his potential.

Yes, I want him to go now but I will always look back on this guy with fondness. I think a lot of fans feel the same.

13. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Good post. :50::smiley-laughing002:

14. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Fair enough but I don't have any reason to look back with fondness personally.

Never been outstanding for us and I'll be happy when he does go eventually. I don't quite understand the affiliation/connection some fans seem to have with him.

It baffles me.

15. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Thakfully i missed the match as i was travelling, otherwise i might have got a ban! * Ambrose man, defenders maker mistakes but this guy does it way to often to be forgivable anymore.

16. Roskopicachu

Well if you'd seen the game you'd know Efe hardly put a foot wrong the whole game. It just goes to show you can be two challenges away from having everyone singing your praises, or tearing you to shreds.

My opinion is sure Efe made a mess of it, Fenerbace spaced the substitutions out, he kept freshening it up, we didn't and we had the players on the bench to turn 2-0 into 4-0.

But Efe was two challenges away from having a MOTM performance. He blew it and he'll be well aware that will take him out the team. That and a suspension of course.

Truth is, we've dropped two goal leads when Efe wasn't playing. Other than the two challenges he doesn't put a foot wrong and after 35 minutes, Commons, Johansen, Brown, Bitton, Griffiths and Forrest create very little and can't win the ball.

It's tiredness and somehow we're holding on, sitting deeper, giving the ball away and nobody can hold it up. GMS, Armstrong and Rogic would all have the beating of them, but alas Deila wants to wait for something before he'll make the changes and i'll tell you all right now, Commons and Forrest will get us into a great position, but as we've seen time and time again, Forrest and Commons will not provide a performance over 90 minutes that actually leads to a win in Europe.

That's just as big a problem as Efe. Who worked his socks off and was two challenges away from having the best game, but it turned out one of his worst. I just don't think he played badly at all, considering the amount of times the midfield bottled to take it forward. Always passing it back, when the players to take it forward are on the bench.

Go 2-0 up and sit in for 70 minutes isn't the way to go about it when you can send on Rogic to hold the ball up, GMS to go and take on Meirelles and Armstrong who's came on too late to affect the game, but you could see with the subs, it was swinging back in our favor.

Ambrose bottled it and not surprisingly so did Deila. He waits until we lose a two goal lead before making the changes. In fact he almost waited until Fener got a third.

So you can blame a number of issues, like Commons being effective defensively in midfield. We stop playing football after we go 2-0 up. Waiting for the clock to run down isn't the way to go, when you're up against a bunch of * kickers and you've got pace, flair and goals on the bench.

17. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Lambo, Larsson, Sutton, Nakamura, Rogic, Virgil, Dembele, Turnbull, Jota & Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG, Grace, Celtic Symphony, Orchestrated Sonic Attack
    I think it's more on a personable level, he genuinely seems like a really sound bloke and he's funny, amiable always smiling etc. look at his goal celebrations, he's like a big kid.
    He knows he * up bad last night. You could see it in his reaction, and that's the thing. When the screw up was in progress, I saw it coming with the bounce of the ball, I was like, 'aw naw, Efe...' and so it proved and I was really angry then you see his reaction and I started feeling bad for him.

Your right though, I think it's best if we move him on but he will go with my best wishes when he does.

18. Pearse1888

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Celtic shirts don't shrink to fit inferior players lol holy *

19. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    :50:

20. Wicker Bhoy

Are you * at it? Did you watch the game? How did Delia wait to long until we blew a two goal lead to make the changes? The game was 2-2 after 48 minutes.

We didn't go 2-0 up and try to defend for 70 minutes, we went 2-0 up and were absolutely cruising and then that * Ambrose made yet another game changing mistake. So instead of going in 2-0 up we concede just before halftime, give Fenerbache belief again and they came absolutely flying out the blocks for the second half. Efe, complete * that he is, decides this is the time to have a nap, so sits watching a corner directed straight at his head but doesn't take one half step forward to go and meet the * thing, instead he allows a guy from about 10 yards away to get round in front of him and header it in the back of the net for 2-2.

We actually worked our way back into the game after a ten minute period then when Fenerbache really pushed us. But it was all Efe. The only reason we didn't leave that game with three points was because of Efe Ambrose. The guy is a halfwit.

Your whole post was a lot of drivel start to finish and did not reflect what happened in the game at all. We didn't stop playing football at 2-0 up, we stopped playing football for a 20 minute period after Efe basically kicked the ball in the back of the net for them, a 20 minute period in which he managed to * up again at the expense of another goal.

Ronny probably should have made a change ten minutes earlier, around the 70 min, maybe 65 min mark, but we had came back on to a game by then and I'm guessing he was seeing that as well. But don't fool yourself - Efe * that game and Efe alone.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2015