1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Victor Wanyama

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Jayzhinho67, Oct 25, 2012.

Discuss Victor Wanyama in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jayzhinho67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing !
    Thread all clean now guys, continue :50:

2. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
  3. ThisIsGhod

4. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    These things are going to happen as he is contracted till 2015 we just need to get the right price

5. joemc

Some players who are close to him will know the situ ,if we are close or miles away from wot he wants, wot do u all think a good offer from us is for vic bearing in mind wot he can get if he left and is also not a fan . I will start the ball rolling with 20 g per wk ,reckon he is worth that to us if u account for his value increasing,would go as far as 25 g then if its still no then by by vic .

6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Bye bye ambrose can take your place

7. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

players dont accept any deal offered to them, celtic will up the offer, thats for sure

8. LubosMagic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Victor Wanyama
    We wont match EPL wages we tried that before under oneill and we took a few years to recover sadly its a vicious circle we dont pay enough we dont get or keep good players we dont get keep good players we dont make enough money

We cant afford to pay him 20 25 k a week but lower echelons of the EPL seem to be able to! pretty * sad! hope he stays and tells his agent to go *

9. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    His agent's a * *. Young boy coming from Africa, settled in really well to the team and club and has been afforded great help by all the staff, in particular Lenny. He knows it's in his best interests to stay at Celtic for at least another year but there's a moneygrabbing * in his ear telling him he can earn triple his wages at Manure or Chelski.

Wish we could do something about agents.

edit * happened to the thread?!?

10. khunter1981

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Well, in fact, he's not in a great bargaining position as he's in the deepest area of our team and he's under contract for another 2.5 years. Yes he's a big contributor and I think he's certainly worthy of a pay rise but he's not going to get the equivalent to what he'd be on in England and that's a fact. I'm sure this is much ado about nothing as the man himself seems happy playing for the club and has nothing but upside in his current position. He should get himself a tidy raise, stay here for another season or two then we'll cash in. Win-win for everyone.

11. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Wanyama shall lift his second title. He shall be playing in Europe after Xmas. He will be leaving in a year or two though.
    For me, he deserves to be up there with the top earners. He is, imo, our most prized asset. Genuinely has the ability to reach the top. Offer another deal, this time maybe put in assurances that if an offer came in, say over £12-15million then we won't stand in his way.
    Let's face it, Man U and Arsenal have been sniffing about and I personally think he would walk into either side (Arsenal really need a guy like Wanyama).

12. joemc

Lets offer him an ebt :smiley-laughing002:

13. jmcdaniel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Former: Henrik Larsson; Current: McGeady or Samaras
    He's not leaving, he just wants his due. The reality is if we can work a deal, that would be amazing. Would love to see him running the middle of midfield for 15 years. But Celtic needs to pony up. If you want to get back on the world stage as one of, not only the best, but most competetive clubs on the planet, you've gotta offer the wages. Really, it's genius from Celtic. We aren't paying the outrageous transfer fees, so we should be able to afford some wages for good players. If we can't, we make a mint on the transfer fee to keep building for the future.

The issue with Wanyama is that I don't think you're going to find a better player on the market. He's not Ki. You can get another Ki. You can't get another Vic.

14. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Love him. But we will make some ridiculous money on him. What worries me more is that our scouts are wanted in england.

15. Heb Celt

Not heard about this,our scouts are more prized than any player imo.

16. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    John Park is wanted by Spurs and West Brom mate according too dailymail

17. jmcdaniel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Former: Henrik Larsson; Current: McGeady or Samaras
    Yeah, Tottenham is after them hard. We need to lock them up.

18. Mannix

Any idea how much he has been offered? Scott Brown is on 25k, did we offer him the same? I agree with the poster above, Wanyama is a far more valuable player than Ki.

I think Celtic can take a gamble on Wanyama and offer him as much as possible that he'll sign a new contract, with a stipulation that he can go if we are offered 15million for him as another poster said.

19. sdickson

no matter wot we put on the table we cant compete with epl,i believe he has been tapped up and he wants out asap lets get 10-12m for him and push ambrose up to midfield

20. Mannix

Well if that's the case sell him in January to the highest bidder and let a bidding war start for him. He's contracted 'til 2015, Celtic can get at least 15million for him in a bidding war. If we don't get the 15 million keep him 'til the summer and flog him then. No need to panic on selling him yet.

I'd still offer the top club wage to him anyway.

It all depends on where he goes to in England, if he goes to the likes of QPR he could drop into obscurity in a team fighting relegation and getting hammered most of the time. If he goes to the likes of Arsenal or Man U then that's a different story and if the likes of Man U or Arsenal are really interested then 15 million would be the least we could get for Wanyama.