1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

T-Mobile - Avoid them like the plague!!

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by the-kman, Oct 10, 2012.

Discuss T-Mobile - Avoid them like the plague!! in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. the-kman

Took out a contract last week, phone arrived yesterday.

1, Instead of being on a £7 a month plan they put me on a £17 a month plan.

2, Called call centre for hours, getting cut off and waiting in queues, finally spoke to somebody who had no clue what they where talking about and promised to call back this morning.

3, Guess what? Never called back today, expected a call tonight, again never happened.

4, The £17 a month plan has no data allowance so is adding to the bill when I'm online.

5, Sent a email to customer relations to get a automated message saying this server is no long in use and to fill out a form online.

6, Filled out form online only to receive a email saying they can't deal with these queries any longer and to call 150 for help.

7, Went to send phone back, no DSR letter included despite being on delivery note.

8, Tried to call again tonight and again in really long queues.

I'm absolutely gutted and drain of any fight now and just want rid of this phone, never again will I use this terrible company and strongly advise anybody who is thinking of taking out a contract with them to think again.

2. Woody

Cancel your bank card, tell tmobile to ram it up thur * and go to Orange. Easy as the square root of infinity!

3. Harry Caray

Im with them and have no problems atall !

4. gerard1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    a £7 contract with a phone? * that's the cheapest iv heard of mate

5. HectorTheTaxman Formerly The Spider

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    +1

6. bhoydownsouth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    TFOA
    Been with t-mobile since 1998 and never had any problems............. Go to the nearest t-mobile shop and get them to sort it out.

7. Woody

Tmobile are improving. 7/10 im speaking to a english speaking person rather than a script reading * that cant speak english.

8. Harry Caray

I think the £7 deal was a mistake and in actual fact it was £17 so they are like "* hes trying to contact is to ask us why its £17 = avoid all contact with this chap"

9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Been with them for a good number of years and have had no problems.

10. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I had a bit of a mix up as like many got the contract through a 3rd party (they tend to be where the cheap ones come in) and they were as good as gold and honoured everything, was a bit of a pain having to phone up, wait etc but got there in the end.

If I was you just cancel the DD etc and that will be it, they will then contact you to ask why and then you can explain....have you tried contacting them via the Twitter customer services service, I dont use Twitter but someone I know did it last week and all sorted quickly and with no problems

11. Ammanvalleyjack

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson, John Hartson, Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Something Inside So Strong
    I have no problems with Tmobile for many years, wonderful company and i will be staying with them for as long as they are offering contracts. too many people make life hard for themselves by feeling victimised when things go wrong and jumping ship instead of accepting its a mistake. I worked for Vodafone for 3 years and desperatly hate them as a company but thats through knowing too much of the industry.

1. your first mistake is (probably) going with a 3rd party such as P4U or a website, i'd always deal directly with the company. yes you may pay more and yes you may miss out on an early upgrade or a playstation etc but the chances of things going wrong are drastically lowered. the chances of mistakes being rectified conversely are increased by dealing directly with
    the carrier.

2. I worked in call centres for years, do not get annoyed or frustrated by the waiting times, they are no doing it on purpose and you will be put through as soon as someone becomes available, dont take it personal. also dont take it personal against the person your dealing with, their empathy and sympathy may be lacking yes but the last thinng they need is you shouting and blaming them personally because then they wont want to help you. just rationally explain the situation although DO NOT accept a call back...call backs are only done like 5% of the occasion if you by chance are dealing with a very helpful person, which odds suggest you wont.

3. see above. dont expect a call back. you wont get one almost guaranteed.

4. you expected data allowance in a £17 package? let alone a £7 package? when most carriers sell that for £5 a month alone?

5. online forms are probably your best bet, the people who man such lines of enquiry tend to have more leeway in rectfiying mistakes. if you get through to them. twitter is the same thing, they are pretty good or even facebook although dont publically rag on the company because lets face it, why would they want to help you then.

6. fair enough, only seen number 6 now. forget the email then but take up the twitter facebook option or online forum.

7. send the phone back where?

8. the calls are long? so what, you need to speak to them so you need to sit there and wait. noone gets preferential treatment. it is what it is. maybe call first thing in the morning, they were quieter at VF.

12. HenryKrinkle

Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Never heard of a £7/month contract, even on the cheapest of budget phones.

If its a typo mistake then fine but they should still have the decency to explain that to you and give you the option to cancel.

I've been with tmobile for years and they've always been fair to me in terms of upgrades and contracts.

13. the-kman

Where are you getting this rubbish mate?

1, I went via t-mobile web sales.
    2, Don't know where all this is coming from at all? I've been excellent with the folk on the phone.
    3, I worked in a call centre as well and when I informed a customer I would call them back, guess what? I did. Guess what? That's my job.
    4, Here is the deal, you sure you worked for a phone company mate?

https://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/pay-monthly/sony-xperia-tipo/mobile-tariffs/

5, I said I've done the online from and they are not dealing with these forms, you did read this did you not?
    6, As above.
    7, You worked for a phone company for 3 years and don't know what a DSR is? Are you kidding me on here? Is this a wind up?

I know your only putting your point across mate and I do respect that I just wish some folk could do it with a degree of knowledge. It's right what they say a little knowledge can be dangerous.

14. Smithy

Cancel the direct debit. They'll soon call you once they realise they haven't been paid.

15. the-kman

Called again this morning, spoke to a lassie in Newcastle, clocked I was on the wrong contract right away, fixed in under 2 mins. A manager calling me back to discuss the previous level of service provided, job done!!

16. gerard1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    So your on a £7 a month contract with a phone and data?

17. the-kman

Yes mate, if you check back on page one you will see a link to the phone and the contract you get for £7 on the t-mobile website.

18. Scarecrow

They're bang on in-store normally. * over the phone.

19. thecolgan

Fav Celtic Song:
    LTPS / BOTOB
    Orange and t mobile have merged. Now everything everywhere

20. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    I'm quite tempted. I top up my phone a tenner once a month and I get 25 texts and 25 minutes on top of the £10 credit. 50 minutes and 100 texts would be more than enough for me.

Would I be able to keep my current number? I have a really easy to remember number that I wouldn't want to give up.