1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Benfica - Wednesday 7.45pm on Sky Sports 3

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Sean Daleer, Sep 15, 2012.

Discuss Celtic v Benfica - Wednesday 7.45pm on Sky Sports 3 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McAvenniesBoots

Fav Celtic Player:
    I'll give you two guesses!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    We were never gonna score tonight, ....but neither were they. I saw nothing to fear in Benfica and I am confident we can beat them in Portugal.

....plus we totally beat them on shys!

2. sdickson

lets be honest guys we really are not good to watch just now,we all love the tic but im not happy with wot i see we are playing really poor this year so far and i hope to ghod things change,we love our larssons,petrovs,suttons etc

3. butch

yes our players made the park look as if it was 1 1/2 times bigger than normal and it was a struggle to get up there, this problem also shows its self with corners no one wanting to time a run jump higher than any one, some you would struggle to get a * paper under there boots. getting corners should be a * send for the lesser teams. why cant we get one guy in that bullets them in

4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I think you need a time machine mate....

The days of Henrik, Stan etc... are long gone.

just enjoy the team now.

5. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Ok... i take that back!:icon_mrgreen:
    Well i havent noticed myself....but both games were on SKY tonight.

No it isnt beyond the realms of possibility that could happen....but that wasnt really my point.

(sky up to the old tricks eh)

Thats the bit i was asking you about, which has been misinterpreted by others.
    Let me get this right...you think they deliberately have fewer mics at Parkhead, and there is a sneaky reason behind it?

6. obonfanti1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Henrik Larsson is the King of Kings
    FFS are BBC Scotland really trying to say it wasn't a full house? :smiley-laughing002: But for a few sections right in the corner where the RFC (RIP) fans used to sit, the place looked pretty * jam packed to me.

Just read that Alastair Lamont's "report". Hurting much? :smiley-laughing002:

7. oh bhoy

this is why i think our team needs mc court in it hes the only player in the squad who will try something completly different, and yes he will give the ball away and will hold onto it for too long by trying to beat 2 or 3 players , maybe not have the same engine as others and have bad games but its his unpredictible style of play that more often than not will create chances for us

8. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    There is no lack of creativity in the squad as a whole, but tonight there was a definite lack of creativity from middle to front. It's no coincidence that Brown is taking all the credit tonight, but that was for his ball winning, workrate and short passing all over the park. Nothing creative in that, but priceless nonetheless.

Forrest had a nightmare imo, and not for the first time he let us down. If Samaras was fit, I don't see a place in the starting 11 for Forrest.

We miss Ledley's runs into the box as we don't get that from Brown and Wanyama.

The expectations on Commons' shoulders is excessive due to the fact he is probably the only one out of the midfield 5 tonight to have the ability to split a defence and link up with the front man/men. We find Commons shooting from distance when we play one man up front as he doesn't have too many link up options with a lone striker. His strength is linking up when playing a 4-4-2.

Ledley and Samaras coming back will give us much more options.

9. liammcdowell

Where the climate is raw and the gun makes the law
    Fav Celtic Player:
    KT63
    We are resorting too often to long balls. Tonight I thought we started well and moved the ball quickly (the absolute key to us playing well is tempo), but after about half an hour it was back to the defence and goalie hoofing the ball up the pitch to no one. It is a * stupid way to play in Europe as all it does is lose the ball.

We used to do this against the huns, and we did it tonight - it's like we're scared to play our own game and just try to play safe by going route 1 all the time. I felt like we were hitting and hoping for pretty much the entire second half tonight.

We definitely missed a player in the middle making things happen. but for me the main thing is us keeping the ball on the deck. It was our tactics that were wrong tonight rather than the players ability IMO.

10. CelticFC1967

As has been said, we were missing Ledley. I also think we miss Kayal - his composure on the ball would be priceless in the champions league. We are 1 player away from being a good side - 1 player away from turning draws like tonights into wins. Someone with a bit of brilliance - a Lubo, a Naka - someone who can turn a game around within seconds with a pass, a shot, a cross - anything really. Creativity only exists in the wings the majority of games - we need someone in the middle. Ki wasn't the solution imo.

11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Seems like there is only one person turning tricks here....

You erased the part of my post that was most important just to keep on at the guy you wanted to keep attacking....

Strange.

12. angusceltic67

Thought Hooper should have been on before Miku. You shouln,t just walk into the first 11 you should have to earn your place. Anyway point gained last night were in second place with all to play for.

13. Pearse67*

missing a lubo, seems defence and midfield were close to eachother but then a gaping hole to forward if you know what i mean

14. smithy18

Hooper was carrying an injury that's why miku started

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Gary was injured.

16. Keen

Hooper was carrying a knock!

FFS people. :smiley-laughing002:

17. sdickson

the same problem rumbles on then we need this or that and we still need that

18. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    What you on about?:56:I erased it because it was a comment that didnt merit a response, and left the other bit because it was on the same theme as the other posters i was replying to.

I wasnt "attacking" the guy....thats your forte SD!I was digging a wee bit to find out if he really believed SKY had an agenda....which he clearly does, as i have read his reasoning in another thread!

I dont believe it myself, as it would surely be outed by some employee!

19. obonfanti1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Henrik Larsson is the King of Kings
    A song for Alastair Lamont. :50:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVAWKfJ4Go"]Johnny Cash Hurt - YouTube[/ame]

20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

There must be some music you want to listen to....