1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Benfica - Wednesday 7.45pm on Sky Sports 3

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Sean Daleer, Sep 15, 2012.

Discuss Celtic v Benfica - Wednesday 7.45pm on Sky Sports 3 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Potentially we could be going into the return fixture in Lisbon on 1 point if we get beat in Moscow and we dont gubb Barca. That would make the final 2 games massive for either 2nd/3rd place in the group if Barca just win all games.

2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Agreed.

:87:

3. sdickson

when i put sky text up for celtic team about 20 -30 min b4 kick off nothing,but if you done man utd or chelsea suprise suprise it came up they undermine scottish teams and everything about us

4. sdickson

no creativity

yet again tonite no creativity we are lacking in this area badly

5. Coatbridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team
    Oh the rolled eyes thing - I must be a right bee in your bonnet eh ? Can anyone not have a critical view as well as a positive one...i thought i was easy on them tonight :shamrock:

6. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I agree.

Too much using the wings, nothing at all through the middle. I would have had Commons in the 'hole' and Lassad on the left instead of Mulgrew who id have had at the back and left out Lustig or Wilson. We use the wings too much but theres never any room there plus our wingers always hovver around the half-way line giving themselves far too much to do to get near the oppositions box.

It annoys me at times.

Brown and Wanyama rarely get forward from central too but theres nothing we could do about that as we had no other options, but Brown in particular is good at running with the ball, turning players and playing 1-2's - I think he could do it more but most of the time he holds position.

At times too when we attacked and the ball dropped out at the edge Brown and Wanyama were too far back and it was too easy for Benfica to pick up any stray balls.

The quicker we move to a 4-2-3-1 with higher wide players and a player in the whole the better.

7. SloBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    I tweeted to him as well, mainly regarding attendance, but now he's also tweeting defending his match report.

Anyway this is his tweet regarding attendance figures:
    Alasdair Lamont ‏<s>@</s>BBCAlLamont Oh yeah, I don't publish the attendance and possession stats. Those are provided by an automatic feed onto the website.

Malnourished feed to say the least. :87:

8. James Gold Member Gold Member

Really dissapointed with Miku tonight. Forrest was terrible so predictable.Lustig Brown Wanyama and Mathews were good.

9. obonfanti1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Henrik Larsson is the King of Kings
    Just in, not a great game in all honesty, few chances for either team, a draw was a fair result. If it wasn't clear before, we missed Samaras badly tonight. I think if we had a full squad to pick from we would have won it but a point's a point and this team is going to take time to adjust to the highest level. So I'm not too downhearted.

That said, I was very disappointed in the performances from Izzy and Forrest. Thought starting Miku was a mistake and a bit of a slap in the face for Gary Hooper in all honesty though Miku can be cut some slack in that he's been here for about 5 days. On the positive side I thought Wilson had a good game and Matthews got better as the game went on. Brown was very good all the more so considering his injury issues.

Great to be back still, atmosphere was electric pre match. We've got a point on the board and if we can get key players fit and if we can nick a point (or more!) in Moscow we will still have a chance!

10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I'm agreeing with you.

You seem to be the one having a problem with that, hence the roll eyes...

11. SloBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Hooper was left out cause he's been carrying a knock.

12. obonfanti1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Henrik Larsson is the King of Kings
    Ah, didn't know that! Thought it was odd him not starting, makes some sense now!

BTW was it a penalty? Was at the other end of the pitch and didn't really have a good view of it.

13. sdickson

we badly miss a petrov thro the middle and our wide areas have been poor,we need a natural left winger and someone diff to forrest on other side,its showing up now in most games we play

14. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

i say it all the time

15. walkon

Pretty poor all round. No threat whatsover up front, benfica happy as * to take a point n don't blame them but we lack the quality to do anything really. If we did we would have made changes n try n steal 3 points.
    Flat atmosphere, only gets going inside cp if we get in front. All in all pretty pish against a team that was far from their best i feel n would like to have seen a bit kore against them when at home..
    Best player for us forster done what was needed and we should be glad he is is between the sticks, for us. But would say wanyama was our best, stuck out. Strength n confidence from the big man capable of playing with the best.Long road ahead, welcome the return of sammi who we really missed.

16. mfisher

We sold Ki when he was our only creative centre midfield player. Brown showed tonight he is the best defensive mid we have but playing Wanyama beside him is just a waste of a jersey. Mulgrew done ok 1st half getting on the ball but he is never going to run away from anyone and Commons is the same. Commons can twist and turn to find a bit of space but cant run away from anyone either. Forrest ?? well the less said the better. Thats our 5 midfielders tonight so we were always going to struggle to create something and get a bit of support to Miku tonight. I thought Lennon settled for the draw though which was suprising. This was a must win game if we want to try and achieve anything and we went out with a whimper. Why wasnt Lassad brought on ?? If he can make the bench he must be fit enough for at least 10 mins?? They came to play for a draw tonight and wont get an easier away draw than they got tonight.

17. Coatbridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team
    Not got a problem - infact am happy 1.were in the CL - 2. Ramsden Cup draw just been made - 3. Your ACTUALLY agreeing with me. wonders will never cease eh.

18. Heisenberg

Forrest was *, Miku was *, brown was good, wanyama was good, and forster was good, that is all

19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I have to agree, however what do we sacrifice for creativity?

We have creative players but when at least one of them isn't delivering then we have no comeback...

Once Ledley is back then our options in midfield will seem a lot a better.

20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The 'lack of creativity' chat gets wheeled out whenever there is nothing else to talk about.

Fact is there is plenty of creativity in the squad, however, sometimes the opponent has a shitload of wages spent on a shitload of talent a level above ours.

Tonight was one of those nights.