1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Benfica - Wednesday 7.45pm on Sky Sports 3

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Sean Daleer, Sep 15, 2012.

Discuss Celtic v Benfica - Wednesday 7.45pm on Sky Sports 3 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Murph-E

2. cammy07

They did that with the Helsingborg game aswell, * knows where they get their figures from

3. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    0-0 draw was about right nobody deserved the win imo.

Noise was loud, then you go home for the highlights and it sounds dead quiet. Then you see Galatasary game and it sounds noisy (sky up to the old tricks eh):38:

4. TIM O'Brien

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooperman
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    The game of football requires you to Score goals to win the match.... Being unable to even make a chance to score a goal is IMO not showing up well.

They've been making decent strides recently yeh! but how well did they play tonight? They were just as bad as us on the ball and hardly created a chance themselves. if they had been on fire and playing really well then I might agree we did well to contain them tonight but since they played so poorly, I think it was a huge opportunity missed due to us being happy with a draw.

5. Keen

Anyone know where I could download the full game?

Was working so missed it.

6. Celtic_1967_

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Think we need to up our game in the final 3rd. Hasn't been up to last years standards so far this season imo. Good result but.

7. aliceinsound

Not a bad start to the group, we really didn't look like scoring though, but The players will learn alot from this game and campaign as a whole, I hope we can stay in contention going into the last game!

8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

They played just as well as us.

We have been away from the CL for four years.

I understand what you are saying but you are putting ridiculous expectation on the team.

A win would have been amazing but it's not the end of the world, its the * champions league ffs! Spartak almost beat Barca tonight.

Understand where we are, please...

9. TIM O'Brien

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooperman
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    No! I want to win:90:

:icon_mrgreen:

10. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Couple of guys tonight are not happy with the result which is fair enough. But put it this way I'd rather we gained a point than lost all three, or worse yet we were totally embarrassed by being knocked out of the SFL * shop diddy cup.

11. SloBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    They are a joke, official UEFA number from their website is 57,759. BBC repeatedly publish lower figures for some reason, do they have to peddle the Scottish football in crisis agenda for some reason? I mean anyone who spent even 10 seconds watching the game could see there was no way there were 7,000 empty seats.

12. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    You arent seriously suggesting they turn up the mikes for the ManU game, and turn them down at Parkhead are you?

13. TIM O'Brien

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooperman
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    You sound like craig levein!:icon_mrgreen:

14. im_ant

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Commons, Wanyama, Wilson all had good games. Mulgrew had a great first half and Brown a great second half.

Thought that Emilio and Forrest had shiters though, but at least Emilio did manage to do a few things right, Forrest hardly did anything all night.

A strong performance but I would've liked to see us sneak one or at least worked their keeper more. Miku wasn't great but he was always going to have a tough time up front himself against 2 big CBs with not much service.

Can't believe the write up we've got on BBC, claiming we were "pedestrian" and the support were "disappointed", not to mention the blatantly wrong stats they have used.

15. Murph-E

It sounds far-fetched,but it is suspicious. Maybe they just have more mics around the crowd at Old Trafford than at Celtic Park. If they had a mic picking up the noise from the GB section, it would come across brilliantly on TV.

16. MarleyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Y.N.W.A
    If any of you want to re-live the pre-match "You'll Never Walk Alone". I uploaded this video to Youtube that I recorded.
    Enjoy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7RlyabKHzo"]Celtic vs Benfica (19/09/12) (0-0) Pre Match "You'll Never Walk Alone" (Amazing Atmosphere) - YouTube[/ame]

17. Coatbridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team
    Happy with the draw tonight to be honest. They are a good side and every player is technically gifted. pity we didnt have more of a goal threat but you have to give benfica credit there. Once we have our big players back am sure we could match benfica and spartak at their places. 2nd place is not out the question if we can stay injury free and keep our euro form.

18. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Old Trafford always sounds noisy on TV.Maybe it just the acoustics of the stadium.....or the product the fans are watching.ie, more goalmouth incidents in general.

19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

It was a good draw, no doubts. Let us have a semblance of reality, half the city of Glasgow were greeting last night after Queen of The South * them. We are in good company and we held our own. Job done as far as I'm concerned.

20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

:50:

:97:

:smiley-laughing002:

Hail Hail mate. :celt_2: