1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bangura back to Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Barney Stinson, Aug 28, 2012.

Discuss Bangura back to Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    all the way through Eastenders! you harsh *.

2. Mince.Charming

to be honest I think its the end for him. If he get get a game this season with no newco in the league I dont think he ever will.

3. Cheese - Burger

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larrssonnnnnn
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I agree it is probably the best move for him just now.

Who knows his confidence might be restored and come back ready to try again.

He'll be like a new signing.:icon_mrgreen:

4. Roskopicachu

He's still young enough, but he'll have to get his act together big time. Game time might bring the sharpness back. Let's hope so.

5. Frank Timatra

Bangura will never make more than 5 appearances for us again, hopefully not even 1.

6. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Just because a player has a bad start doesn't mean they will be a failure. Zurawski didn't score for ages and went on to be a class act in my opinion, and even big Hartson waited a long time for his first goal. But at least they had other positive aspects to their game when they weren't scoring. Bangura, to be honest, didn't even look like a footballer. Generally, you can tell a good footballer by their first touch. Bangura's second touch was a tackle most of the time.

7. AIKSthlm

Just back from Råsunda, AIK - Helsingborg 2-1. Bangura was okay, not the best I have seen him. Some of his crosses were pretty bad, but he showed some good skill in other situations. He held on to the ball a little to long a couple of times, though. You could definitely see that he can do much better, though!

As for the game AIK was really bad in the first half, but got a lot better when our other striker signing Henok Goitom was sent on. Looks like he and Bangura work together pretty well

8. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Doubt he'll have a future here with Miku and Lassad signing but will be good to see how he gets on against PSV, Napoli and Dnipro once he's up to speed.

Do AIK have the cash to make it permanent if he does well?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2012
  9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Can't see him back at CP now. Hopefully he does well and either AIK or someone else can snap him up in January.

10. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I think I wanted him to be successful here because of Henrik recommending him as much as anything else. I'm not sure he was quite as bad as a lot of people are making out, he looked quite skillful, just seemed to hold onto the ball a bit too long or choose the wrong option too often. A bit like Sammy in many respects (on one of his more frustrating days.) Unfortunately the more I saw of Bangura the less likely it looked that he would ever get a goal, and with our new signings I can't see him having much of a future here. His * up knees didn't help either.

11. AIKSthlm

Yes it will be very interesting to see how he does in Europa League!

Maybe... But I doubt Mohamed would be interested. He wants to move on, I think. Maybe we could afford the transfer fee but I don't think we could meet Mohameds current wage demands (wages in Celtic and the good leagues in Europe are generally much, much higher than in Sweden) Do you know what Bangura earns/earned in Celtic?

12. kieranc

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I would guess £10k

13. Sebelon

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Bangura just scored a screamer for AIK against Djurgården. Really important 2-0 goal in the last derby in Råsunda.

14. Markybhoy

That's good. Hopefully he'll be a Rasunda-ing success during his loan spell. :52:

15. Mr. Slippyfist

[​IMG]

16. AIKSthlm

just back from the game. Djurgården - AIK 0-3!

Great goal by Bangura, good shot, a real screamer like the other guy said. i thought overall he looked better in this match than against Helsingborg. even though one of his crosses were really poor (he played at the right wing for like the last 15 minutes or so, like he did against helsingborg). But he also showed some of his nice dribbling skills.

17. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I'm glad he scored as there is more chance of the Swedes keeping him. If they buy him back for half what we paid, I'll be delighted.

18. smithy18

Does his loan not end in late October early November

19. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Surely not when we brought two in just there

20. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Zurawski was crap, zero European goals and one OF goal when the league was already sewn up and 2 huns fell over each other.

I seen a stat once that showed nearly half of his goals were scored against Dunfermline .. says it all. Plus, he was a * * as well. :38:

I agree with you on Bangura though, he was rotten at Tynecastle when he started and showed lots of perspiration but little inspiration against Udinese.

Wish him well over there though, never complained or lashed out against the club. :50: