1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Beram Kayal

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Heisenberg, Jul 25, 2012.

Discuss Beram Kayal in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Frank Timatra

idlewildered

Are you suggesting our scouting team were incapable of identifying a better Centre Back than Kelvin Wilson over the past 2 months or so? The reason I say "delusion" is because I have no idea why any Celtic fan would be comfortable with Charlie Mulgrew arguably being our best Centre Back when we should be seriously trying to progress to the Champions League.

p.s You think Stokes is a viable option for potential Champions League football?

2. idlewildered

I'm suggesting our scouting team, our board and our manager don't often shout our targets from the rooftops. They'll have identified plenty better than Kelvin Wilson in recent months.

if and when we make the group stages there's no doubt we'll add to central defence. Group stages of the champions league will attract those better players too.

Next.

3. idlewildered

Again, see my above post.

4. murphy1967

are you serious we dont need another striker come on .

5. idlewildered

absolutely serious. Not right now.

Group stages in Europe, possibly. Otherwise, no.

6. murphy1967

risky strategy mate as we need a centre half now and he should have been here long before as lennon said he wanted his signings in early july so i am pretty annoyed about this

7. idlewildered

different strokes. I'd rather the money from the CL was confirmed before spending. What we have should be good enough to reach the group stages this year.

8. murphy1967

whi is the back up you are talking about murphy samaras rasmussen.W e need someone to play alongside hooper as lennon has shown that he will not give stokes the nod in big games.

9. idlewildered

Our strikers:

Bangura
    Watt
    Rasmussen
    Murphy

Backup.

10. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    We do need a striker but a centre half at this moment in time should be our top priority.

11. idlewildered

we're well off topic actually, sorry mods..........

12. murphy1967

ha ha they are going to bang in goals if hooper got injured .Look mate at all the players we got rid off and all the money the fans have spent again and all the money group stages would bring with a reasonable amount of spending we would get there and think of a good reason we have not brought in a half decent defender and striker

13. Frank Timatra

idlewildered

We'll agree to disagree on the value of our current team and the way the board are conducting an unneccessary transfer strategy.

14. idlewildered

you seem to have in your head that buying a striker and a centre half will guarantee us the group stages. It will not.

finances are down this year, there's no ifs or buts about that. a sensible business model is not "spend money to make money". It's use what you have (which is good enough) to get you to a place where you can make money.

there's your reason.

just because we lost deadwood doesn't mean we're suddenly minted. our wage budget was astronomically stretched last year due to the rebuild.

think it through for a minute, rather than just thinking about what you would want in an ideal world.

15. idlewildered

I'll do my best to cope.

16. murphy1967

that strategy has cost us dearly mate think about the money we would have through losing those leagues with automatic entry due to signing guys like willo flood. Everyone know we cant spend 10 million but to make out we cant go and get a striker and defender for mabye 2 million a piece is wrong

17. liammcdowell

Where the climate is raw and the gun makes the law
    Fav Celtic Player:
    KT63
    I've said already I think it's is ridiculously risky to wait until we've qualified to spend money. What happens if Hooper or Mulgrew break their leg in the order leg against Helsinki, what then? We need to have options, and I don't mean guys like Wilson and Murphy, guys who shouldn't be near Celtic jerseys.

If we buy a couple of players, say £3M on a CB and a ST then we've got what we need, and if we don't qualify just sell Ki for £8-10M. We're still profiting from that. I don't see the problem.

We've seen what happened in the past when we've tried to make do with what we had, and it led to Rangers winning three consecutive titles. The definition of insanity is repeating failures of the past expecting different results.

18. Frank Timatra

I'm sure Mr Lawwell will give you a free back rub or 2 to help you cope. :50:

19. idlewildered

If only! I bet he's got magic hands! :icon_mrgreen:

20. Frank Timatra

"Peter a ken ye like making money but ma back sweat shouldnae be turning intae pound coins mate"