1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Boycotting those who vote yes.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Scarecrow, Jun 18, 2012.

Discuss Boycotting those who vote yes. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Paul55

I can understand threats of boycotts but personally I wouldn't boycott. I'm there to support Celtic, boycotting away games or whatever isn't going to change any decision that's made.

2. made in ireland

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Those clubs that create an unfair, biased and corrupt league and are therefore complicit in cheating should not be funded and supported.

3. idlewildered

No, Rangers cheated, these clubs are just caught up in a situation outside their control and trying to survive. for doing this, you want to punish them.

I can't and won't be convinced that punishing a VICTIM of Rangers misdeeds is the right thing.

4. Mr. Slippyfist

Each of these clubs turned Celtic And Rangers (RIP) into victims when they all conspired and voted for the Setanta deal that almost left us (Celtic) in financial ruin because of the SPL skidmark teams chased a few extra bucks.

* the lot of them I say......

5. made in ireland

I think we're going round in circles here, but I'll try again.

By voting 'yes' for a newco- clubs are knowlingly creating a corrupt and biased league, and are completely neglecting basic sporting principles- sticking two fingers up to integrity, fairness, honesty, equality and impartiality- anyone would tell you that is being complicit in cheating. Now the motivations for cheating should never come into it- it is simply cheating.

Now expecting supporters (of any club) to pay £20-£50 to fund a club who willingly cheated (and accepted an unlevel playing field) is completely naive and gullible. Those supporters who fund these complicit clubs may not want to condone cheating, however, they are (whether they like it or not) technically doing just that- by financially supporting and arteficially propping them up.

6. JC147

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Lubo, Lambert,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing,
    These VICTIMS are voting yes though - so they are thereby saying that what rangers did is ok. By voting YES, they are effectively saying that the biggest act of financial doping possibly in the history of football, which helped Rangers gain an unfair over themselves, is acceptable and they shouldn't be punished for that.:97:

Wanting Rangers put straight back into the SPL in spite of all their wrongdoings is a vote for an unfair league, a league where you can cheat and get away with it aslong as you bring extra money to the table. A team which actively votes for keeping this type of league, is only slightly better off than the huns in my opinion, and are sacraficing the integrity of the sport for what, extra income? That greed should be punished in my opinion, just like rangers need to be. If they are victims, then why on earth do they want to help out those who committed the crimes against them?

7. JC147

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Lubo, Lambert,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing,
    This is spot on in my opinion. And i never thought about the ticket side of it. The only club i know voting yes is Kilmarnock. They are always up there with the highest ticket prices for their games, and they now want Newco-Zombie-Rangers put straight back in so they are not losing out on any money? There is a real theme of greed running throughout that club. If anything, Rugby Park is one ground you could boycott on the issue of ticket prices alone, never mind them wanting as much money regardless of any integrity for the sport.

8. idlewildered

This is the problem. These clubs don't want to help rangers they may not have a choice. If you think for a second that each and very club will have been having panic meetings with the accountants for months then you're mad.

Let me paint a picture. Were not celtic and Rangers aren't our bitter rivals and we are in another league, let's say the epl for arguments sake. Man utd are found guilty of exactly the same crimes and a vote is to be held. Your choices as, let's say we are Norwich, is to vote them in or jeapordise your clubs very survival due to severe financial constraints.

Voting them in wouldn't be tHe right choice but it may be one that had to be made. It's a * awful choice.

9. idlewildered

I meant wont have been having panic meetings.........

10. Frank Timatra

11. Matt_20

As I suspected, the debate is moving away from the issue of whether threatening a boycott is the right thing to do, towards the issue of whether the huns getting back in is the right thing or not. And everyone knows the answer to that!

12. Nimrod.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Absolutely amazed at poll results so far I will never ever set foot in another club that votes them ins ground ever again , and would be disappointed in anyone who did

13. idlewildered

just to make my position absolutely clear.

the orcs getting back in is without a doubt the wrong thing, there's no if's or but's about that.

my only concern is why we, the only dominant force in Scottish football should now use our frankly massive power to force other clubs into siding with us.

we should be taking the lead on this and sitting down with the other ten to explain alternative income sources going forward not force them on these clubs caught in the wake of Rangers pish. push for real change in an all inclusive league without them.

the last time we left it up to the clubs outside of the (then) old firm the Setanta (as my current nemesis, it's a compliment!, mentioned earlier) debacle happened. I don't believe in ruling with threats or domination, with one strong club that turns the league into a dictatorship. lets move forward, give these clubs other alternatives, and show that a league without the orcs can be less of a joke than it's perceived to be across Europe.

without doing this, all we're doing is threatening clubs and their fans without offering an alternative. we've clearly had the best business model in Scottish football for nearly twenty years now, let's use that experience to make the SPL a better place post-Hun.

as the top dog without question now, we have that responsibility.

14. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Wonder how many of the people saying yes to boycotting away games even go to them?I don't myself,but I still think a boycott would be in order,for any team who votes yes.

15. TAB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Although I will be attending the away games of the teams that vote yes, that's only assuming Rangers do not make it back into the SPL. If Rangers make it back into the SPL, then I'll really have to have a think about supporting Celtic in this league. The competition would be pointless.

I still reckon they won't get back in though.

I also guarantee sell-out's at the grounds that vote yes, giving the Celtic players our support is always number one priority when actually supporting Celtic. Simple as that.

If only there was another way to punish the clubs that vote yes.

16. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    these clubs really have to think "is voting YES really worth alienating our own fans (as well as other fans?" Let's think about this. If a club votes YES even though its supporters groups have said they would not go back.....how much revenue will they lose that way? Would it be worth it for an extra few quid because some imposter rangers come to town twice a year?
    Celtic also bring just as many as the imposters....is it worth losing their cash AND their own fans' cash?
    I don't think so. So when these chairmen think about financial gain with YES......they could very well be on to losing more revenue by doing so.

Snub newclub!!!!

17. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Yes - especially if our club votes 'no'. Why punish our own club in that circumstance by not turning up to home games? Boycott the away ones instead!

If Michael Johnston, Stephen Thompson and the like think they can get away without losing one set of Old Firm fans, they've got another thing coming. If they don't vote them out, they lose our support. See how they do then.

Johnston and his type are leeches. We need to rid Scottish football of them.

18. idlewildered

31 votes for no and I'm apparently the only one happy to voice my opinion.........

19. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Idlewildered, I get your point about not punishing victims - and we shouldn't ever force anyone into agreeing with our idea of justice - but we have a right to be unhappy with them for attempting to make us all suffer again by bringing back in the very people who have ruined the league. Bit of an extreme analogy here, but if you had been raped, and were part of a therapy group, and someone in that group had forgiven their rapist and insisted on bringing him along to therapy with them, you'd probably never want anything to do with that fellow victim again.

20. idlewildered