1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Boycotting those who vote yes.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Scarecrow, Jun 18, 2012.

Discuss Boycotting those who vote yes. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. idlewildered

that's a massive leap

2. strachansdaman

he has been too quiet for me,If he is dead against the newco he should come out and say so or say if you vote yes to a newco then dont send us any of your corruption filled tickets but he hasnt and he wont, a dont even think youll get to find out who voted what IMO theyll be back in spl with a few penalties maybe 10 point deductions for 2 seasons and some er pish that wont really have that much effect,they will still finish second although they cant play in europe anyway, whole thing stinks of urine!!

3. idlewildered

one, it's not Lawwell's place to say what games Celtic fans can attend or can't. I wouldn't be boycotting and neither would a lot of other people. If Lawwell started telling me what games I can or can't attend I'd want him gone.

I think you're going to be surprised, I really don't see them staying in the SPL and our board is playing this exactly right. For them to come and demand the hun are destroyed would cause riots in Glasgow.

The club is biding our time our position will be made clear very shortly. Just because we're all a bit impatient at the minute doesn't mean the club is doing things the wrong way.

4. ByeByeHuns

If they get back in Scottish footballs over!

5. strachansdaman

a really hope you are right time will tell

6. idlewildered

I know we're all pretty stressed with this whole thing at the minute but try and relax. I have a lot of faith in this board. Every piece of business we have conducted in recent years has served the club well.

7. Boab Sausage

I'll turn up whatever. No point in a boycott cos the damage will already have been done.

8. Heb Celt

Hence the threat of a boycott before the vote and damage is done.:50:

9. made in ireland

That's fair enough. And I certainly wouldn't tell you how to spend your money.

However, those clubs who vote 'yes' for a newco are actually complicit in cheating, and would be attempting to create a corrupt and biased league with as much sporting integrity and fairness as WWF. I think expecting supporters, and questioning their loyalty (which I think you have done in a previous post), to continue to fund these clubs is completely unfair and naive.

10. idlewildered

well no, I didn't question anyone's loyalty. What I did suggest was that threatening other clubs into doing what we want is out of order. Which I stand by.

11. Kerr_OConnor

Fav Celtic Player:
    was petrov but now McManus
    I would not be surprised if Celtic voted Yes. A lot of other teams are saying Celtic, strangely enough, are the most likely to vote yes.

12. made in ireland

Did you not describe Celtic supporters who would not fund clubs complicit in cheating as a 'disgrace'?

If other clubs vote 'yes' for a newco they are complicit in cheating. They would be creating a league which would be devoid of any integrity, honesty, fairness or basic sporting principles- and would continue to flog tickets at £20-£50 for the 'pleasure' of watching this 'sport'.

If people are naive and gullible enough to continue to fund these cheats then fair enough. But to describe supporters who will not pay ridiculously expensive prices (during what are tough financial times) to fund complicit clubs as a 'disgrace', I think- is in fact- the real disgrace.

13. idlewildered

that's exactly how I described it. But I'm struggling to see how calling it a "disgrace" questions someone's loyalty. you twist away though.

these clubs wouldn't be voting them in to cheat. they would be voting them in for their very survival. there's a huge difference between the two. it's a not a position we are in and it's far too easy to sit in our ivory tower and demand they do what we want.

can't say I appreciate you twisting my argument, which was that I don't feel we should use a boycott to force clubs into voting our way, into a scenario where I am claiming that we should condone cheating. you know that's not what I meant but you carry on distorting the facts.........

also Celtic fans don't choose to spend their money to support ANY other club. they spend their money to support Celtic.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2012
  14. celtic_bhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjälby
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It's a tough one. The YES voters should be punished but you'd also be punishing Celtic. I'm sure the crowd at away grounds has done the team a whole lot of gOOd. Remember the Killie 3 3 game? Crowd were superb in that game.

15. idlewildered

on another note, oddly we have exactly the same number of posts! spooky.

16. Heb Celt

Dont see why some people think boycotting away grounds off the teams that say yes is out of order,but it's ok about said teams own fans walking away from football if their club vote yes,same thing.

17. TIM O'Brien

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooperman
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    If they are let in with heavy sanctions then you can't exactly use all these to describe them... You might not agree with this but it doesn't mean they are lacking integrity honesty or fairness...

18. made in ireland

The clubs would be neglecting fairness, integrity, basic sporting principles and accepting a completely unlevel palying field- that's what you call being complicit in cheating. If a club is so poorly managed and run that it is entirely dependant on another clubs existence then that club deserves everything it gets.

I'm not twisting anything. You might not want to condone cheating, but by knowlingly funding clubs who are complicit you are doing exactly that.

19. made in ireland

In terms of sporting integrity, fairness and honesty-I think that scenario would be even worse!

20. idlewildered

no I wouldn't be. I would be supporting Celtic. my club. I don't condone cheating. the two are mutually exclusive.

I would make sure the ones (Club 12) proven of cheating didn't get any more of my money but see no need to punish those caught up in the crossfire.