1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ajax vs Celtic 21/07/2012 KO: 18:00

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Green And White, Jun 6, 2012.

Discuss Ajax vs Celtic 21/07/2012 KO: 18:00 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Got tickets the day 416

2. thecolgan

Fav Celtic Song:
    LTPS / BOTOB
    getting the megabus over, 24 hours there and back from Glasgow. 50 quid return! Anyone else braving this?

3. LunaticFringe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    If anybody else is thinking about coming over, but cant get tickets from Celtic and are worried about being able to get tickets over here - my advice is go for it....

4. LunaticFringe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Here's the latest from Amsterdam....

I've been speaking to a couple guys who work for me - both big Ajax fans - and they say they'd be very surprised if there's any more than 35k at the match - as it's in the peak holiday period (the stadium holds about 52k)

Also, they say that this business about having ID with you is really just a formality. - They'd be very surprised if Ajax will make much of an issue about it at all. In fact, they might not even bother asking to see your ID - unless you're acting like an idiot. The main reason for them insisting on you having ID with you, is more to do with the fact that, if there's an accident or an incident involving "foreign" visitors (or they find 200 Celtic fans laying dead drunk in the street, or still in their seats :icon_mrgreen:) they can identify them easily and do something about it. So, it's more to do with complying with police regulations , than Ajax insisting on applying any overstrict security measures..

Based on what the Ajax fans are saying, if you're thinking about coming , or worried about getting tickets when your over - RELAX!. It'll be dawdle...-

DONT WORRY, BE HAPPY. COME TO AMSTERDAM. YOU'LL HAVE A BALL! - IT'S GOING TO BE ONE HELLUVA GREAT BIG (GREEN) PAAARTTY!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2012
  5. rorylando45

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc, Nakamura, Robson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    I'm flying out on the Fri but getting the Megabus back to London overnight on the Sunday mate! Only about 12 hours to London mind.

6. Silenzio

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I have been to Glasgow/Scotland from Brussels by train, car, boat, airplane, but never by bus. You are a very brave man.:50:

7. Giggsy

Cheers for all the useful info pal, been booked up to go for over a month with a couple of mates, and was really disappointed when we found out tickets in the 'designated Celtic end' would only be available to STH. just wanted to ask your advice on what would be best:

Scenario 1 : http://www.ajaxtravel.com/en/knvb-beker/ajax-celtic/kickoff-package-2.html

If you follow the link you'll see there is an option to buy tickets(20 euro per head) in VAK 418, and even though it's not designated to Celtic fans it's right next to the ones that are, right?

Scenario 2: Wait till we get to Dam and follow your advice and buy our tickets from the newsagents/ ticket box for the seating areas 117/118, and hope a few tims will have done the same.

HH

8. LunaticFringe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Well, VAK 418 is across the passage from the "official" Celtic away sections (417 & 416), but it's separated by a high plastic wall- Ajax's site describes it as part of a kinda safe "parents & kids" bit, where they often offer cheap tickets (in fact that's where we where when I took my youth fitba team). Kids get 50% off so IMHO 20 euro a head seems a bit steep for tickets you can buy for 10-15 here. It's a safe "neutral" area, but ,whether they will be other tims there or not is anybody's guess.

You might want to note that on Ajax's site, their standard stadium information says that VAK 415 (or part of 415) is often used when there's big travelling support, so that would definately be much closer to the official away support.

I've got tickets for VAK 118,which is below & to the side of 416 & 417 ,but that's partly because my son wanted to be sure of better seats with a better view. (btw 116 & 117 are in the corner, some yards behind the corner flag.) I'm gambling there will be some other tims (e.g Ex-Pats), in VAK 118, but I don't know for sure either.

All the Ajax fans Ive spoken to say there's no chance it'll be sold out. Also, Ajax fans buying tickets late in the day, are unlikely to choose the "celtic-end" out of preference. Personally, my advice would be to hold off until you get here, then decide - going for 415, or - nearer the pitch in 116, 117 or 118.

See http://www.ajax.nl/Stadion/Stadionoverzicht-1.htm

Btw. Ticketbox Primera Waterlooplein 169 is only 5-10 mins by tram from Dam square. You could probably be there & back before your pint of Guinness has settled! HH YNWA

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2012
  9. Silenzio

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Alright, just booked my train to Amsterdam. Arrive around noon at the Arena, go watch TDKR at Imax (only released in Belgium couple of days later), after the movie check out the stadium (any places to have a drink?), watch the game and after the game get back to the train station asap.

I still hope to get tickets for the Celtic end, if not I will get in the 118 as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012
  10. Eva

yeah, that's us sorted as well. Driving up by car :87: and staying at a Hotel close to the Dam Square / Centraal Station. :50: Arriving Friday evening, leaving Monday morning...bring it on :bbpd:

11. Glen1888

I once got the bus to Austria from east kilbride and it was a * nightmare. like 30 hours on the bus basically wanted to end it all by the time i got there. Probably got 20 minutes sleep and had to go snowboarding when i arrived :97:

You better hope you're a deep sleeper because there is tons of * that will wake you up. Also if you're doing it alone, good luck is all i can say. :84:

12. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Arrive sat at 7am can't wait, will keep eye out for a few stoney malonys in Celtic tops

13. Eva

phewww, change of plans, booked a flight after all :50: glad I don't have to drive.
    Guess you'll be seeing quite a lot of Celtic Tops with people in it :icon_mrgreen::84:
    So see youz :34:

14. Silenzio

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I got my ticket, see you guys on the 21st!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2012
  15. LunaticFringe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    There's nowhere near the ArenA Id recommend for a drink. If I were you Id jump on the regional express bus (heading to Haarlem) - literally 5 minutes (+/-3 stops) from the Bijmer busstation next to Arena and head to Ouderkerk aan de Amstel (ask to get out at the bridge).Nice little town on the Amstel river with 3-4 really good pubs & a nice "holiday" atmosphere. If its sunny it wil lbe chock-a-bloc with nice blondes doing bikes trips/pub crawls along the river.

16. Silenzio

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Bedankt! :50:

If I have time, I might check that place out.

17. KevMan

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but this game will be live on Premier Sports.

18. Paul55

What time is kick off?

19. Bethol McG 1916

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boolavouge
    heading over on friday night staying until wed :) sent a email to the address on ajax offical page they said there will be tickets on sale on day of game for section 418 you can book them in advance for 20euro per ticket and 15euro booking fee.

20. Silenzio

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    6pm Glesga time (7pm Amsterdam time)