1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Breaking bad.

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Alba Gu Bráth88, Jan 20, 2012.

Discuss Breaking bad. in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sonny7

SPOILER......

Wee rat grassing junkie * that he is

2. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    might do that but ive tried ... ive really tried but its just really slow

3. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    Last annoying update guys.

Just finished the last 3 episodes today and they are just - wow.

SPOILER ALERT

===================================================================
    The ominous goodbye Hanks gives to his wife - you could sense it was his last goodbye to her, the same way you could sense (with the music) it would be Gustavo Frings last walk, when he went to that carehome.

How Walt ties everything up in the end, finishes unsettled business and gets rid of everyone but everyone of his enemies. The plan was typical Walt - evil genius.

Not knowing if his family got the money and lived as happy as possible thereafter but thinking because Walt set the plans in motion, that it would all come to fruition, because well - its Walt.

Jesse, finally free - released and hopefully becoming a new man.

Walt admitting it was all for him. I kind of like the fact a dorky guy became empowered but feel a bit perverted for cheering the anti-hero.

How he died in the end - had to happen, however he died knowing he finished the un-finished business and dropped in a Meth lab, with his gas mask next to him - epic.

All the small details along the way were superb and well thought out. Walt slowly decaying and becoming destructive. The number of lives he destroyed, certain actions/decision having repercussion over numerous other things.

''Say my name!''

Aw * that was the greatest thing ever, Sopranos and Prison Break don't even come close.

I have mentally jizzed. :smiley-laughing002:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
  4. Sonny7

Great review mate enjoyed reading that:50: Probably best editing that post and writing spoilers ahead or some * cause some * no that far ahead may not be happy if they accidentally read it:56::56:

5. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forgot all about that. Thanks for reminding me. :smiley-laughing002:

6. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Can't remember what episode it was but when he got skinny pete & badger to point lasers pens through the window on the couple and said he had the best hitmen on.....whatever he said was class:50:

7. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aye, typical Walt. So smart, so ahead of everyone.

Another thing that I loved about this show was the music, every song was chosen perfectly for each and every episode and the last song was just so perfect. Like he went out with a bang, a new invigorated man (in a weird way).

The concept is unreal aswell, certainly the most unique I have ever seen - a definite original in a world of re-hashing.

I felt so engrossed because of how real it was. I mean an average, every day teacher, a bit of a dweeb, has his regrets in life, bit of baggage, then gets cancer and is struggling financially. He then, decided to cook Crystal Meth to provide financially but is suckered in and a whole host of events occur. I mean it probably would never really happen, however in a far fetched way it could. Its so 'normal' (if you understand - probably not :56:).

The details, so marginal at times, were there - at every point. They thought of everything. Even every character had a uniqueness that added to the story line and sub-plots and they all had an effect over the outcomes in a certain way.

Has this won awards btw? Its too good not to have. :smiley-laughing002:

8. Sonny7

Aye a loved that part as well. In the motor afterwards Skinny Pete and Badger both say's the crytstals back on the street and better than ever, Walt wasn't to happy, gives them a funny look:56:

The music was brilliant all the way through a agree. The actual music that starts and ends the episodes are class. Had them as my ringtone lol.

http://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/vi...spart=avg&type=ch.32.vs.dsp._.gb.avg._._&tt=b

http://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/vi...spart=avg&type=ch.32.vs.dsp._.gb.avg._._&tt=b

Epic^^

A can't understand how people can't get into it, because as you say the story it's self is just superb, and could easily happen. A fed up bored chemist teacher gets cancer and decides he wants to make meth to make money for his family before he dies, but then gets to caught up in it all and starts to enjoy it. Whats not to like.

Just put it on Netflix there the last two episodes you put me in the mood:56:

9. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    I've never heard the extended version of the song. That is unreal. It has a 'darkness' about it that encapsulates Breaking Bad and its settings.

:56:
    Aye, its definately worth a re-watch. Im going to give myself a week or two to digest it (that sounds so stupid but I like taking in a series after I have watched it). Il probably noticed more themes afterwards - I looked the * up (so geeky man) - apparently there are plenty of themes: morality; family; actions and consequences; corruption. The writers leaves 'hints' and foreshadow so many events in the show.

Vince Gilligan is unreal. So creative and intelligent its not even normal.

Superb. Easily worth the £6 a month for Netflix. :smiley-laughing002:

10. Sonny7

If your a geek then so my:56: Cause soon as it finished i was hunting the internet , Breaking Bad forums or any forums discussions there opinions on how it finished:56:

All though when i watch most tv shows i'll pop onto a forum about it read about an epsiode i've just watched lol.

Did you watch the Talking Bad episodes on Netflix? They were great. There were 8 of them, so when the final 8 episodes came on in September there, they had a Talking Bad episode on the next night discussion the latest episode.

Edit: The second BB song only came on at the end of a few episodes near the end of the show i think.

11. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    On season 5 now and I'm addicted it's a shame it's going to end. :54:

12. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Just finished it amazing series. The ending was sad but it was always going to be.

13. Sonny7

A loved the ending. Where does the show rank in your favourites.. best ever?

Just bought the first 3 seasons today. Already watched it through twice so probably no watch it for another 6 months but just wanted to add it to my collection.

14. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Just finished Season 1 today. His family really get on my * :smiley-laughing002:

So does it get better and better from here on in? looking forward to it :50:

15. Sonny7

No really mate season one is as good as it gets. It starts going downhill after season 1 and is extremely horrible until very last episode where it's no bad:50:

16. Dallas Cowbhoys

Personally I thought it stayed amazing across all seasons, with season 4 possibly being the best, but I have heard a few saying it gets better as it goes on.

17. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Cheers for your opinions :50:

I still think the Sopranos is the greatest tv series I've ever watched- felt it got better with every episode.

18. Sonny7

Am just at the wynd up mate sorry:smiley-laughing002:

Personally it's the best show I've ever seen (along with Sons Of Anarchy). It actually does get better which each season. But every season is great imo. Season 4 is amazing. And the final 7 episodes of the show are the best you'll ever see on tv. Really tense episodes.

As a said above I've already watch it twice on Netflix and today I just bought the first 3 seasons on dvd.

19. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Sorry I've been avoiding previous posts so I don't get any spoilers :56:

Brilliant, sounds excellent- have been watching it on netflix as well today, addictive tv :50:

20. Sonny7

Agree way the family being a pain in the *. Season 3 Skyler becomes really annoying as *. You see her sing someone happy birthday to someone near the end of season 2 it's extremely * cring worthy:smiley-laughing002:

Would still ride the life of her though