1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brown staying put :) !

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by ourdaywillcome!, Jun 15, 2011.

Discuss Brown staying put :) ! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. seanolamisio

Fav Celtic Player:
    king henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    played against st johnstone when we were utter gash for 90 mins and scored 2 injury time goals

2. seanolamisio

Fav Celtic Player:
    king henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    got stupidly sent off v motherwell when were only 1-0 up-fud!

3. The Golden God I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds Gold Member

Was that the game he got booked for missing the guy?

4. seanolamisio

Fav Celtic Player:
    king henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    beat st mirren at home without the legned of broon

5. seanolamisio

Fav Celtic Player:
    king henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    aye,he needlessly lunged in when there was no apparent danger,typical broony:rolleyes:

6. shughie

Finally got doon to the convention Wednesday, saw the surgeon Tuesday and should be called in a day or two in regards to the hernia surgery.
    Tuesday I was told was the pool party day and it was mobbed apparently, spoke to a few people, reminiscing was great about the past and present.
    Walked into an English type pub the Riviera had and was looking at the England under 21 game a young lad saw my USA T shirt and said is that an American football shirt, I said naw its a real footall shirt, we started talking about Celtic, and he was from Sidney Australia Celtic supporters club, he moved there from Scotland 6 years ago.
    He lived near the campsies in Scotland from Maryhill, so I told him I was from Clydebank originally like a lot I spoke to they couldnt believe I left Scotland in 1959 because I have not lost my dialect.
    Saw guys selling shirts and T shirts they were from Kearny New Jersey, I said is Owen Higney still around I played on the same team as he did in Toronto when we won the Ontario Cup, they said he is still around!
    Back to the Sidney guy and this is gospel there are a dozen or so from OZ, I asked him politely what do you think of Scott Brown.
    Wait for it, "a headless chicken" he said, he said he is better on the wing but will never be a central midfielder he cant control the ball, also he should not be the captain.
    There are players there but Wednesday was the golf outing so they were all there I guess, although I didnae see any.
    The tempreture Wednesday was 106F, just right! LoL<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_3541711-->

7. Celtical

He deserves a new contract for inventing the broony \0/
    even rooney's copying it trying to call it the rooney -o-

8. monthehoops1888

Excellant news sign up Broooooooony \o/

9. shughie

Sure sign up broony and play him as captain and a first team starter, but be prepared to be second in the SPL next season again!

10. BigWilly.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Mcgrain, Boruc, Jinky, Lubo, Di Canio, Ki, Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Bhoys of the Old Brigade
    brown is a great captain but a crap footballer, please sell him we need the money and wage space

11. Smileyy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Celtic captain Scott Brown has dismissed talk of a move to Newcastle United and insists he is not thinking of swapping clubs this summer.

Brown[​IMG] has been linked with a transfer to St James' Park as the Magpies prepare to look for a replacement for the West Ham United-bound Kevin Nolan.

Newcastle[​IMG] have already boosted their midfield options by bringing in Yohan Cabaye[​IMG] from Lille[​IMG] and are rumoured to be ready to offer £6million for Brown.

However, the Scotland international is enjoying being captain of the Bhoys and is confident the future at Parkhead is bright under manager Neil Lennon.[​IMG]

"I've heard all the stuff about Newcastle but I haven't paid the slightest attention to it. I'm captain of Celtic Football Club, why would I even think about going anywhere else?"

"A few weeks ago I had the privilege of lifting my first piece of silverware since being given the armband 18 months ago.

"As the gaffer said himself 'this is not the end, it's only the beginning'.

"I have a hunger to win more trophies as Celtic captain so that I can look back at my time at the club and consider myself to have been a success."

Brown is now hoping a contract extension can be concluded when chief executive Peter Lawwell[​IMG] and manager Lennon return from holiday.

He added: "The club know how I feel and as long as the manager wants me here, then I don't see a problem getting a new deal worked out."

BROOONEYYYYYYYYYY \O/

12. Les.

Broony will be pivotal next year, get him signed up now and we can concentrate on bringing people in.

13. s88 Gold Member Gold Member

i like scott brown but dont feel he merits a place in the starting 11. he's been given chances time and time again and its only recently he's came a bit onto a game.

everyone seems to idolise him now after he scored against the huns and done "the broony" .. if he stays, expect him to be the new samaras. going to be a huge scapegoat when things go bad

14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Makes good business sense to get him on a longer deal rather than lose him for nothing next season.

However any bid near 5m we should take. Lennys fate intertwined with Browns ability to lead us to SPL victory.:shamrock:

15. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

think about it really do think about it, if a club that wants to keep a player happy and wants him to stay they will give him a new deal with more money

stop playing dumb you know this we all do, he will get more money :31:

16. kevtun1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    Everybody always bangs on about Scott brown and the captaincy. Personally I think he has conducted himself the way I would expect our captain to. He seems very passionate about the club and wanting lift more silverware. I think we will see the best from Scott brown next season. I also want fans to start backing broonie as our player and our captain. Leave all the other nonsense at the front door before you come in. Hail hail

17. Artur Boruc #1

Superb Brooney, love hearing stuff like that.

\O/

18. MarcoVanBeasten

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bertie Auld
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If you can't acknowledge how good Broony has been for us last season then I wonder what team you were watching. Out on the right he's been a total driving force and when I read things like this, I just KNOW that he's the one that keeps that dressing room full of character.

Broony is the shape of things to come and I can't * wait.

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I think a lot of people have a personal grudge against him.

20. DiVHoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ledley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    Brilliant stuff said from Broony \o/ I'm happy for him to be captain and hopefully he will be for years to come while emulating last seasons brilliant form.