1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Is There A Place For Ki & Cha?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Raz, Jan 26, 2011.

Discuss Is There A Place For Ki & Cha? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Raz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough!
    Don't get me wrong, Ki is a talented player but i don't think there's a starting place for him at the moment.

For me Kayal, Ledley & Brown haven't put a foot wrong so far since Ki's departure therefore don't deserve to be dropped.

Personally i think Wilson is a better overall fullback that Cha and also hasn't put a foot wrong since Cha left.

I think we need to keep the momentum going and the best way to do this is to not fiddle with the starting 11 unless we start dropping points.

Would you put Ki & Cha back in?

2. liamadamscfc

I Would put Ki infront of Brown and Ledley, especially infront of Brown . Not sure about Cha

3. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

yes, theres a place for both, cha and wilson have been in a rotation and that should continue, as for ki, i think he has a place in the team definately, i think after the OF, ledley has been poor altho he was good tonight i think ki should take his spot, or brown, hes better than both imo

4. watsondw

i'd drop broony for Ki, ad keep wilson at RB though

5. James Gold Member Gold Member

brown has been playing well recently imo i would keep kayal and brown in the middle

6. cairns

No, Don't change the team

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Yes Ki and Kayal in the middle, Brown on the right.

8. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Aye, Cha should play at home, I like Wilson but Cha is a goal threat and rips teams open with his pace.

Ki is top class and should play every week.

9. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Dont think they should just walk back into the team but im sure lennon will rotate things anyway, id have ki over ledley (whos improving) though, kayal is the only one i wouldnt change unless necessary.
    I prefer wilson to cha aswell and i think lennons got faith in wilson so cha will have to bide his time i think.

10. doctor venglos

Yes.

We can fit him in like Brown Kayal Ki Ledley.
    That will keep everyone happy now.

11. smithy18

think lenny will start rotating the midfield and rb positions there are just to many quality players in midfield and all are easy starting 11 players so rotating them would be good and it keeps everybody happy and would give a freshness in midfield which would help, as for cha he has been outstanding at the asia cup and hopefully can continue on that form when he gets back

12. Surfacing

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Forrest--Kayal--Ki--Brown

13. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

i dont think that would work great, i would liketo have paddy or forrest in a wide position

14. RocknRolla67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All of Em
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Defo Ki..I have been dying to see a Ki-Kayal midfield. Maybe play Brown on the right, and Paddy (or Commons?) on the left.

15. A Flighted Duck

ki will yes, try ledley on the left

16. gunt

No. We were far too attacking until Brown Kayal and Wilson became regulars again. Our results have improved since they came into the side again. We were serously struggling with Cha at FB, 2 wee wingers and the Ki-Ledley CM combo. It really wasnt working and they in turn had a disasterous effect on our CHs. The steel added has made a difference. We look hugely more solid with the sort of team we had out tonight. The SPL is a roughhouse league and we finally have that mix of skill and lots of steel that nearly always wins the SPL.

17. smithy18

have to say all our midfielders are well rounded and ki has made real improvements to his game now and isn't scared to play scrappy football any more

18. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Agree,

19. Celticnut

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc,Andy Hinkel,Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Sounds foolish to want to change the team after a performance like tonight but yes I think that is the way we should go. There's some amount of quality and grit in that midfield.

I think Brown can find his niche on the right, where there's not as much pressure on his passing. On the right he can make the best of his strengths like his pace and stamina and it would keep us a solid aggressive unit. If Ljunberg could regain some of his old form on the left that is a midfield that would dominate teams, even at European level.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2011
  20. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Disagree with Gunt, we can still have steel while playing Ki, just play with 1 winger, and have kayal Ki and ledley/Brown, Ki has been miles better than Brown and Ledley so personally Ki should walk back in this team, albeit ledley had a decent game tonight he was outdone by both Brown and Kayal.
    Cha on the otherhand could have his work cut out getting back in the team over wilson who is very solid at the moment.