1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brown or Kayal

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by willsad83, Jan 2, 2011.

Discuss Brown or Kayal in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. hairytoes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ceasar, Maestro, Lubo, Henrik, Naka, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Drop Ledley for Brown or Paddy in the hole & you've got a deal...but maybe Ledley has reacted well to being dropped & subbed for Brown lately.

The manager has dropped/subbed Ledley for the Captain lately, so that should tell you what way it's going to fall.

Brown----Kayal
    ----Ki/Pat*

*One or tuther, in 5 man midfield....Mustard.

2. doctor venglos

I think it will be Brown - Kayal - Ledley
    Fucken dynamic midfield that.

And Ki will be rotated with one of them for certain games.

3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Brown has played for Celtic for an age and he has never even looked capable of the ball Ledley pinged over to Samaras for the first goal. (which, by the way, isn't the first of the type he has played through).

Brown is not capable of lacing Ledley's boots, the only problem is getting Joe to start stamping his mark on games rather than being passive.

4. BigGBo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
  5. HunSkelper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    I liked the way he was PASS-ive today. Eh? Eh?

Thank you, i'm here all week.

6. hairytoes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Ba doom doom chisshh!!

:icon_mrgreen:

7. Ricardinho

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    This pretty much sums it up for me. Kayal does all the running about Brown does but no when to be in the right area, when to give away a foul, when to stand in front of the ball. For his first game back and first Old Firm game he was everywhere.

8. Celticnut

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc,Andy Hinkel,Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Lennon loves Brown so he'll be in the team no matter what... I reckon we should go with Ledley and Kayal in the centre and have Brown out on the right wing.

Having Brown wide right would stiffen up the midfield a lot and allow Brown to utilise his pace and harrying. I think he's probably better out there without the added responisbilities of being a CM e.g discipline and picking passes.

On the left its take your pick really but I'd have McCourt and Ljunberg in the team. I'd have one on the left and one playing just off Hooper. Doesnt really matter which tbh i think they could both play either role. Especially considering Brown's energy. Paddy or Freddie's lack of engine could be accomodated on the left IMO.

Then you have young James Forrest coming off the bench when a match gets stretched, I think this lad is special I really do.. absolutely fearless, just takes the ball and runs at the full back. There's no * about like we used to see with McGeady and even that * Weiss today. But maybe it would be beneficial to introduce him more slowly and allow Brown to take some of the pressure of being a first team regular.

Also the obligatory shout out to Kayal after that performance today. Snapping into tackles all over the place it was the best Old Firm debut I've seen in a long time. He was terrific.

9. throbberbhoy

Ive looked through all the posts and i can't find one mention about Ljungberg. I dont know if everybody has forgotten about him but there's no way he is gonna be left out of the team no matter what. Lennon is gonna play him that's a virtual certainty. So with that in mind how does that translate to the structure of the midfield? He's gonna have to drop someone. Ljungberg will play, for some unknown reason he will always play a fit Brown. Then you have Kayal (who should be a definite starter) Ledley and then Ki when he returns. Personally the strongest 3 man midfield would be Ljungberg, Kayal and Ki but that will never happen. I dont really know why he bought Ljungberg unless Brown was getting offloaded but thats never gonna happen. With Kayal back to fitness we really don't need Ljungberg and he would not be happy being a squad player solely used for back up purposes.

10. fourleafclover

kayal by a * mile

11. pelethebhoy

This ^^^^^^

with ljubdberg and McCourt/Forrest on the wings

12. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Both please. Kayal really impressed me. Brilliant performance.

13. Bamboozle

5 man midfield away from home, Kayal, Ledley, Ki in CM, Brown & Forrest/Paddy on wings with Sami as loan striker.

14. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

Where does Freddie fit in?

15. hairytoes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    * knows mate.

Can't understand why we bought him.

But that's Celtic for you.

16. dazza297

This is not just after one game i am saying this ,but get brown to * anyone who has watched this video will see kayal has been doing it for some time now ,kayal has shown in a few mins of video what brown hasnt been for 3 years, kayal tackles well and can pick a pass not run like a crisp bag caught in the wind and pick up stupid bookings just fouling people and acting arrogant,ive quite frankly had enough of brown being an automatic pick hes had seasons long to prove himself and some people are saying get brown in 4 ledley why browns * pish man,and another thing we wouldnt have won the midfield battle if ki had been playing yesterday and kayal would have been benched ,rant over! lol

17. NickP1888

Both please

Forrest..............Brown...............Kayal............Mulgrew

............................McCourt
    ...............................................Samaras

18. flannybhoy

A would actually want to see a Kayal and Crosas partnership, a think that would be * hot they 2 pairing up, Crosas is amazin and we are not even playing him.

19. BobbyEvans