1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brown or Kayal

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by willsad83, Jan 2, 2011.

Discuss Brown or Kayal in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. kennydal

Kayal has everything in his locker that only Brown could dream about.

2. ardoyne celt

cant vote as i think both give there all in games both winners

3. Creativecelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current Team:Kyogo; Invincible Team: Brown; Seville Team: Larsson; Burns Team: McNamara
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Various
    I voted for Kayal because he had a great game today, and looks a prospect. I agree with Gunt and Dr Venglos, kayal and brown will be quite a pairing, would play Ki and mccourt in the hole, depending on form and fitness/suspension. need to stop the player bashing!

4. Conor1888

5. albashamrock

Not against them playing together especially in games when we play 2 wingers

6. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Kayal without a shadow of doubt.

If he loses his place to Brown then questions need to be asked.

7. Murph-E

Kayal every day of the week, every week of the month, every month of the year for the next 500,000,000,000,000,000 million milleniums.

8. gunt

I think its a virtual certainty that they will both play together as a pair or as part of a trio of CMs in the next week or two. I would bet money on it except I dont bet other than the Grand National once a year! The power would be incredible and it is wrong to think of them as the same sort of player. Kayal looks like he is potentially a Lambo sort of sitter/playmaker type while Broony is naturally (before he was forced to mainly play DM) a very mobile box to box player. I think that could be an awesome combo. I also think 2 wingers are too much and we could have Ledley on the left, effectively 3 CMs.

9. Kutek

when brown was 1st linked with celtic i was genuinly excited BUT for me hes has been a huge letdown for us, i remember him in his hibs days leading the field, mazie runs aplenty and goals from outside the box. I though when he come here he would improve and improve but i feel hes just stagnated some games its like hes dead weight in the team. Im by far a brown hater but i just dont think hes progressed in the time hes been at Celtic.

Kayal has come here this season (not being rude) a complete unknown except by a few but hes taken the team by the balls, mans up in midfield, isnt bullied off the ball awsome both going forward and going back. A young lad in a new country and hes seems to be settleing in well and most of all LOVEING playing in the hoops. Hes got a massive career ahead of him i just hope we can hold on to this one as long as we possibly can because i recon hes gonna go in the 'legend' catagory at celtic park if he does!

10. Murph-E

Fantastic post, completely agree.

11. celticminded89

Kayal, all down to today's performance, thought he was an absolute stand-out, top class performance :50:

12. willsad83

aye cheers for creating th poll mate seems pretty 1 sided tho lol just as i expected tbh.Keeps playing like that and we have some player on our hands

13. gunt

mind you Broony is winning the darts right now under his darts nickname 'chisnel'

14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Brown is a dud, Kayal is the real deal.

There is literally no comparison whatsoever.

15. doctor venglos

I am agreeing with you Gunt on your synopsis.

You and I are very alike :50:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2011
  16. TAB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    I would be partnering Kayal with Ki as soon as both players are available.

Kayal is very good at protecting the defence and pressing players but he's also capable going forward. No doubt though, his best qualities are protecting the defence. However, I think Ki will be at his best when he has the freedom to strive forward and dictate play, as he's clearly the best passer in our squad with ability to unlock defences at will.

I believe Kayal would be able to give Ki the freedom he needs but not just that, Ki has proved he's capable defensively recently and that gives Kayal the option of bursting forward. In short, I believe Kayal and Ki could form a 'one stay and one go' partnership and a very effective one at that.

I would personally be playing Ki and Kayal centrally and Ledley on the left in the same role Mulgrew played today - if either of of our central midfielder's suffer injuries then Ledley would replace them and Mulgrew or another winger would play left.

I like Brown as a person and appreciate the limited qualities he brings to the team but I'm sorry to say, he wouldn't be near my first-team with the players at our disposal.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2011
  17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Kayal has an arrogance about him but he has the talent to back it up, Brown also has an arrogance.................:86:

18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Just to * on the Brown parade for a second, if there is going to be 3 centre mids strutting their stuff for Celtic then; Kayal, Ki and Ledley are guaranteed to be the first choice 3.

Brown isn't even in the same league as those 3 in terms of centre mid attributes, which has been proven time and time again.

19. baileybhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    I Just can't get enough
    both in a central midfield 3

20. hairytoes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ceasar, Maestro, Lubo, Henrik, Naka, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Just watched the 1st half again there.

Kayal is everywhere & completely OWNS McCulloch & the entire pitch TBH.

His tactical awareness is fantastic, his block on McCulloch really set the tone - the Rangers fans were * Raging (whats new) & it wasn't even a freekick, as Kayal went down like he was hurt...the C67 even thought he was hurt, but the replay shows that he knew what he was doing.

He's really very clever & has a brilliant awareness & a REAL FOOTBALLING brain, he see's passes, as well as closes down space & intercepts balls A LOT.

Brilliant...just waiting for the 2nd half to download...thanks Jiko!