1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. wulliebad

I might be wrong here mmmikey but i think i read somewhere that the only time you cant stand for games in europe is for CL and european games that fifa directly control.
    I seem to think in germany they stand for league games in areas of the grounds but for euro games they close that section or put the seats back in place.
    Again i could be wrong about this.

2. Mr. Slippyfist

Let me make one thing clear...I am an admirer of the GB's constant support during games.....but they are becoming fascinated with the idea that "they ARE Celtic!"

This is a completely unacceptable concept.....

As said previously....NO ONE IS BIGGER THAN THE CLUB!

3. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    the green brigade will still stand, and so they should, don't think the stewards will be able to sit all them down.

wish we all stood though, but sadly there are moany * who'd rather sit and moan about how * samaras is playing and how the person who's singing next to him is hurting his ears.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2010
  4. fms06

Agreed :50:

5. Gordybhoy1967

Sitting down and singing? yes it can be done but nowhere near as effective as standing up.

6. Mr. Slippyfist

Agreed:50:

7. fms06

When have the gb said 'they are celtic' never.
    On the other hand they are! As am i as are you. We the fans.

But the gb never have claimed to be or bigger than the club.

I wish these unfounded false statments would stop. It doesnt help.

8. wulliebad

Just because someone does not think the way you do....does not make them *.
    This is whats wrong with celtic fans.....i never thought i would see they day when we would be calling eachother * ect ect.:54:

9. mmmikey

Fav Celtic Player:
    McStay, Moravcik, Di Canio, LARSSON!
    Think you're right there but Germany a) has terracing in areas and b) don't have the cultural history of stadia disasters like Hillsborough, etc. Aye and they cannot use terracing in European/International competition.

So the question is really what full-SEATED stadium in Europe allows 100% standing? Not many I'm sure, but the GB are taking it as a personal insult. I believe it's way beyond the GB and basically a universal health and safety law.

The answer would be to bring back terracing, which I would enjoy, but can't see happening.

To those who think the board are specifically "attacking" fans (as one put it), Celtic FC are a bit of a rarity in major league football in that the VAST majority of our income comes from match day - i.e. stadium fans. (60% of our income in fact - incredible)

So if people think the board are jeopardising the club when it comes to $$$ I would be highly surprised if thats true.

10. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    what?, it's the way i want them not just the GB, i don't think the GB give a * if anyone else sings or not, they make a good atmosphere and that's good enough for themselves, and yes that's what i call them because they are *, why come along and moan for 90 minutes, and don't give me that pish they have paid the money, aye they have, but what's the point?.

a guy behind me actually told me off for singing, said it was right in his ear. They can watch it at home on the internet for free and moan all they like.

i will sing if i want and no one will stop me.

11. Mr. Slippyfist

They have never said that as such, but the overall aura you get from them is that they feel they are the better set of supporters..and don't even try to deny it.

Yes we are all Celtic mate...but EQUALLY...not one set of support is dominant!

It's the same as when someone says they are a better supporter than someone who doesn't/can't go to games.....;oad a * that really does my * in!

12. carbo6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    THE KING OF KINGS
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing

yes i have been to gaa matches im in the hill for all the dublin games! and the only bit of atmosphere at games at croker is in hill 16 and suprise suprise this is a standing area! your lucky to get the odd chant off the other parts of the stadium and dont try argue this because it is the complete truth.

we were known as the best fans in the world because we generated a great atmoshpere! i have no problem people enjoying the game in any way they want but dont moan about others who want to sing and back the team vocally the way it always has been done.

YouTube - Celtic fans singing more Irish songs! please watch that video..im not saying the songs represent the club but they are certainly sang among our support...should we get rid of all the fans in the jungle singing political songs?

13. mmmikey

Fav Celtic Player:
    McStay, Moravcik, Di Canio, LARSSON!
    I think people who peddle the "better fan than you" pish instantly moot their own argument. Shameful stuff.

14. Mr. Slippyfist

Don't get me wrong mate...i am not being in any way negative to the GB's stance on standing..I'm all for it..

The point i was making is that, should Health and Safety deem it to be constantly flouting the Health and SAfety Act 1974, then Celtic Park could be effectively closed and heavily fined....what good will that do?

15. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    i don't know if you have came across one of these supporters,

i was singing and a guy told me to stop because it was right in his ear,

now you're telling me you'd enjoy travelling 200 miles to a game, to be told to shutup by a guy who moans throughout the whole game.

in my eyes that makes him a *.

16. Mr. Slippyfist

I whole-heartedly agree with this comment mate.....

There are some in the Celtic support who constantly moan and groan about people singing....

If someone told me to shut up because I was singing...I would certainly call them a *(amongst other things)....:38:

17. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Couldnt have put it better:50:I think people actually justifying the decision to try and force us to sit know this,theyre just arguing for arguments sake.

18. Mr. Slippyfist

:50:

I am quite happy for them to stand and sing...bounce from side to side etc..it's refreshing to see.....

I'm happy for them to do it as long as there is nothing done about the drones of away support who ALSO constantly flout the laws...

But overall, this could come back to bite us in the * unfortunatley.

19. fms06

[GVIDEO][/GVIDEO]

'Over all aura you get from them is that they feel there better' your sounding a tad insecure there mate lol. So i do deny that pal.

Are they dominant because they sing. Or because they express there views. 'dominant' insecurity again.

Gb have to my knowleadge have never claimed to be better supporters. Again your slinging unfounded statments.

We cant make statments on based 'auras'
    :50:

20. wulliebad

So you want everyone in the ground to be just like you.....think the same....sing the same...moan at the same time....next you will want them to * at the same time as you.:rolleyes:
    You are going to a football match....not everyone is the same as you...some enjoy the game in different ways to you.
    It dont make them * or *....just celtic fans.
    Your view on fellow fans does you no credit.