1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Kerry.

well said. :50::50:

2. carbo6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    THE KING OF KINGS
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing

because some people think you should sitdown and sing! how can you create an atmosphere if your told to shut up and can only stand for 30 seconds after a goal!

"let the people sing" a song played at games ...and now there trying to kill the atmosphere and singing from the only place it comes from! how are we supposed to "Bring back the thunder"

youll have to sing sittin on your * because if you stand youl be kicked out!

3. Scarecrow

bring back safe standing!

4. CelticKurd

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony and Willie Maley
    I think its a disgrace to ban drums,the green brigade brings good athmosphere in celtic park.And if you have no standing places then you must stand on the seaters thats allright,why we should not stand in the stadium?

5. fms06

In my opinion its what there doing now. There wasnt a problem before that banner now anyone in section 111 is being victimised in the name of h&s. Bullshit !. Cp is not the only ground with a standing section. Its wasnt a problem before why now?
    This is a fore runner to breaking up that section for next season under false claims.

6. richy1888

This argument about standing raised its head long before Poppygate and i think the club where trying to put it too one side as they enjoyed also the atmosphere that GB brought to paradise. Then we had the Poppygate affair and whether you believe in the sentiments or not it brought a lot of negative press to Parkhead, follow that up with the SFA contreversy and suddenly you are having all the authorities looking at Celtic and seeing how they can get at us. Unfortunately this is a Health and Safety issue and someone has decided that we will have to conform ( something we have no other option but to do), The idea in Germany is a good idea but our governing bodies banned standing areas after a couple of disasters at grounds not for no reason.
    I am not for banning GB as I do think when they sing it makes me proud to be a Celt but they are not bigger than our club and if it takes all the rest of us to get some pride back in our club and start creating atmosphere ourselves then that is what we will do. Celtic has survived from 1888 because we are a club for all not a club for a few. Hail Hail and lets cheer us on to the league ( sitting or standing).

7. pelethebhoy

4 trained proffesionals (fire Marshall, first aid training etc at each corner of section 111, with the training funded by the green brigade , how does that sound?

8. quadebhoy

How did you come up with that answer to a simple question.

Can you or can't you sing when sitting down ?

Ps i was one of the 15000 that turned up in the 90s and will continue to turn up regardless of whether the GB are their or not.

as i sit in 110 i enjoy the noise of the GB and join in with them whilst remaining seated

9. quadebhoy

The point i am trying to make is that the GB can still create the same atmosphere standing or sitting.
    Some bhoys on this discussion and the other discussions that were closed are making out that there will be no atmosphere if the GB are forced to sit down. I am sure the GB will continue to sing if they are forced to sit down.

10. CelticFC1967

I disagree - jumping and moving about makes it easier to project noise as well as being visually impressive. Sitting down singing isn't the same - hence why everyone stands for YNWA etc.

11. jokeybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ynwa
    You can sit and sing at the same time.for anyone who feels they need to stand up just head down the local park and stand and sing the local * team.it's all petty in fighting cos these people have had a run in with the club

12. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    to be fair to the board, who i hate.

it's a british law, no standing, if there was for whatever reason a fatal accident, then celtic could be sue'd millions.

but, i think we should introduce safe standing.

13. odonno

Stand up and sing, too many brown noses on this,

14. The Golden God I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds Gold Member

IMO its the same as when people leave early, theres always someone who jumps in and says "they paid for the ticket so they can do what they want". The GB pay for their ticket the same as everyone else so they should be allowed to support their team anyway they choose.

15. jokeybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ynwa
    I don't see where the above posters get the 'green brigade are the best fans from'.as much as I love what they do for the atmosphere at the ground they do cross the line sometimes and they don't give a * about there fellow Celtic fans just themselves.there must be loads of people who follow Celtic that have lost family and friends through the British army yet they didnt think twice about the banners

16. The Golden God I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds Gold Member

People stand at grounds all across the country every week, it happens everywhere. They can't take the safety licence off us and not everyone else

17. carbo6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    THE KING OF KINGS
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    YouTube - A Soldier's Song at Celtic Park!

1) this atmosphere would not be generated if everyone was sitting down. sadly some of our fans would rather moan about the players, fans who sing..fans who stand or anything else instead of getting up and vocally backing there team which this club is known for!
    2) if you look at videos of the jungle and celtic fans 10 years ago you will see political songs have always been sang by our support and saying the GB are a disgrace because they still sing them is * stupid when the whole stadium used to!

"best fans in the world" yet people here are prepared to sit for 90 minutes and not even sing and back the team

18. mmmikey

Fav Celtic Player:
    McStay, Moravcik, Di Canio, LARSSON!
    Mmmm not sure about this. Across the UK people stand at goals/incidents only. Generally people sit - the GB (or section 111) stand ALL game.

Nobodies answered me so I ask again - take the GB out of this...

IF within a generic football stadium, everyone were to stand for the full 90 minutes, would UEFA/FIFA/Police/Powers that be allow it?

19. wulliebad

The problem is the gb are in danger of crossing the line from celtic fans to group of people within the fans that has other agendas.
    If they stuck to singing and supporting like the FANS then there would be no problem.

20. Mr. Slippyfist

Of course there is a huge difference in the atmosphere between siitting and standing...that is unquestionable.....

Although i suppose when you look at the whellchair-bound and paraplegic supporters who constantly sing at games...just shows that you don't need to stand up to sing.

I prefer to go to a game, STAND and sing my heart out...i could easily do it for the full 90mins when standing...but when sitting i only have the heart to do it in bursts.....

To all those who say Celtic Park can't be closed......YES IT CAN!!!!

Unfortunately the GB are flouting the laws of Health and Safety which apply to CP, and therefore we could come under full enforcement as a direct result.