1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Surely they could just check the banners prior to tge game but banning the drum , taking them off the Ipox ticket list and moaning about them standing is just a childish ploy by the board , I dont agree with the GB political views but I admire them for trying to create an atmosphere at CP .

2. Dopey63

Maybe you should come along to a home game and add your vocal support Markybhoy!:bbpd:

3. BrianQuinn

Fav Celtic Player:
    None
    100% behind them. Wish there was 60,000 fans like them.

4. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

The GB are the only atmosphere in PH.

5. pelethebhoy

Is there any point in posting, the last 4 threads on the green brigade have been closed for no reason apart from "people are sick of talking about the green brigade?"

6. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Listen, this thread didn't have to be opened.

The threads before were closed because they were all talking about the same things.

If there are 4-5 threads on the forum on any other subject that is the same then they would be closed too.

The GB threads were no different. Duplicates get closed.

7. pelethebhoy

That's fair enough Paul, what I am saying is there have been several threads opened for different reasons at different times to do with Different things and they all seem to get closed.

Is this thread going to stay open, that's all I was asking?

8. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    This will remain open as long as it keeps within site rules. There is no reason to close it otherwise. The point in opening it was so that we didn't deny people their views on The Green Brigade and their current actions etc.

Since 15th November there have been 14 threads with either the GB in the title, or have contained topics about the GB. A few of them were deleted, but most were closed for either going off topic, or duplicating what was already discussed.

We understand the GB are very much in the news among Celtic fans at the moment, and that is why this thread was open. To keep all chat about them in the one place.

9. Markybhoy

I'd be there every week if I lived close enough mate. Geography is my enemy! :54:

10. pelethebhoy

No worries, it seems the support is divided right down the middle and there are many reasons for and against the GB, but the majority of opinions have been respected on this site, and although everyone might not agree from what I have read they have been civilized.

Hope this continues and the thread stays open because it is a prime subject just now and people should be allowed to express their views as long as they play within the rules of the site.

11. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Dont really get you there mate,what was i wrong about?.In my own home im talking about.

12. pelethebhoy

I have a question.

Do we now need to sit while singing YNWA?

Are you allowed to sit before kick off, what about half time?

This is going to cause all sorts of trouble!

13. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    This is going to cause major confusion. When are people deemed to be standing at the wrong time?

I also hope Celtic threaten Rangers with removal of the away support tickets if they continue to stand within the stadium.

14. Artur Boruc #1

As much as I would love that too happen, they are not allowed to do that. SPL rules.

15. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

This is going to cause mayhem.

The stewards are going to have to be given instructions,about how or when to approach people standing.
    And this will have to be the same for away supporters........never going to happen.

16. pelethebhoy

Totally agree Paul, how do they stop 60,000 fans for 10 mins at the Celtic rangers game? They don't!

The other thing I don't get is one section being disallowed to Be in the ballot for tickets, this infringes there human rights, Celtic cannot victimise fans because of a banner, how do they know who is in the green brigade?

P.s. I don't agree with everything the green brigade does, there has to be some give and take.

17. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Surely if a set of supporters refuse to abide by stadium rules then the host club have a right to do everything they can to make sure they do?

It's impossible for security to remove every supporter on the day, just like it's impossible to stop sectarian singing, so removal of tickets seems the only possible way.

I find that strange if away club supporters can hold you to ransom.

18. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

I think the GB have been allocated a certain amount of season tickets,they would be responsible for those seats,so that is how Celtic knew who not to offer tickets to.

19. Artur Boruc #1

I'm absolutely positive that it is the case, I think the ruling was brought after Moonbeams banned us from their place years ago.

20. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'm not sure if this has been posted in here as I've not read the entire thread, but whispers tonight are that Celtic are intending breaking the supporters in the GB section up by moving them around the stadium. Anyone know if there's any truth in this?