1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

New NBA season

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by pokerbhoy74, Oct 8, 2010.

Discuss New NBA season in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. pokerbhoy74

What do you think will happen in the up coming season guys...I think the Celtics with the original Big 3, Rondoooooo, The O'Neal boys, Big Baby, Kryptonate, LeBrons stepdad, a fit Marquis Daniels and their 3 rookies.. Avery Bradley(the best defensive player in this years draft) Luke Harangody(just like Scalabrine, but with talent) and Semih (Automatic) Erden, and also Perk to come back around All-Star will take some stopping despite all the talk of them being too old.

2. celtic croatia

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    well .. boston beat heat in first game... i did watch only 1st half.. and it was magnificent.. defence was great, offence also.. shaq fit great in the team.. Celtics will be champs!!!

3. Markie85

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I think

[​IMG]

4. celtic croatia

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    think again.. lol... well, lakers beat rockets last night 112-110 with Steve Blake scoring 3-pointer 18 seconds before buzzer... but i think that celtics and lakers will meet again in NBA Finals this year.. but with different winner... Miami have great individuals.. but they aren't much of a team, yet..

5. pokerbhoy74

I know Wade was not fully fit but really last nights Miami team looked identical to the Cavaliers with Lebron doing his thing while everyone else just tried to fit in around him, there was no concept of a cohesive team unit and they are going to have to work really hard to change that...but even if they do this I still think come playoff time they will come up short against the Celtics simply because they have no one at the point, even with Mike Miller back that will be able to check Rondo and they also do not have any depth in middle with only Chris Bosh able to provide any resistance to Bostons big men of KG, Shaq, Jermaine, Baby and a fit again Perkins.:50:

6. celtic croatia

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Yeah, Miami's '* three' only played 4 minutes together in preseason... and lebron start scoring after paul pierce went to locker room because of injury.. last night rondo had 17 assists... amazing.. but miami will improve their offence, when they spend more time together.. also, lot of people say that lebron came to wade's team.. but last night it looked like lebron is boss in miami..

7. dynamo23

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larson
    i traditionally look out for the teams where big Shaq plays or used to play

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2010
  8. GM-

Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I always support the Denver Nuggets, mainly because I have always loved Carmelo Anthony

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2010
  9. escociabhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    them all
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    i am a celtics fan although i live in miami , eh good start against the heat but big let down the next night against the cavs , maybe this season will see lots of losses for all teams.............c,mon the celtics

10. pokerbhoy74

I don't worry about the loss to the Cavs because this is what Boston have been doing for the last 3 seasons, they will dominate the best teams in the league one night and then lose to some of the worst the next, I think all us Celtics fans realise the team will probably sleepwalk their way to 55-60 wins in the regular season and a division title and then we see the real Cs in the playoffs, Its just the price we pay having a veteran team who are not going to exert themselves for a great postseason record.:champ:come finals time.:50:

11. celtic croatia

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    i watched 1st quarter last night against knicks.. and rondo was awful first few minutes.. and i wake up today and i saw that he had 24 assists, 10 points and 10 rebounds.. 24 assist are 2nd all-time Celtics record (in single game).. amazing

12. SuperNick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson / McStay / Pierre Van Hooijdonk / Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Coming home
    Forza Boston!!

13. pokerbhoy74

Tied NBA record for assists in a triple double (24 with Isiah Thomas who got his in a double overtime game) he also tied the NBA record for assists in first 3 games of a season (50 joint with John Stockton):50:

14. escociabhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    them all
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    rondo is going to be the mvp this year imo and another tough game tues nov 2nd vs detroit although we should beat them hopefully and continue our winning ways

15. pokerbhoy74

Think it will probably be Kevin Durrant for MVP myself, but I think Rondo will have a real shot at defensive POY.:50:

16. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    im the same! I think they have a better team than last season, Al harrington looks to be a good addition. Ty lawson is also an exciting prospect, just hope they can hold on to melo.

17. pokerbhoy74

They have virtually no chance of keeping Melo...I think the best you can hope for is they get a mix of one or two good players and a couple of draft picks in return...The worst is he does a Lebron and walks away at the end of his deal.

18. escociabhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    them all
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    u could be right m8 but im just hoping i guess altho i probably know he wont get it

19. escociabhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    them all
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing

did melo not say last week that he still wanted to leave ? am sure i read that somewhere online

20. escociabhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    them all
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    at least i got my ticket for the celtics trip to miami in a few weeks time and this will be a different heat this time as they will be more settled as a team and if they remain unbeaten then they will be right up for this game