1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Gary Hooper

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by samson81, Jul 27, 2010.

Discuss Gary Hooper in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celtic20

i have man love for him

2. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Top notch player, you could clearly see against Hibs he was struggling but class and instincs shone through by getting through for the two chances and scoring one of the two.

He wasn't moving right and was sluggish but a week between then and Aberdeen should see his fitness improve again. Couple more games under his belt and he'll be flying again!

3. kennydal

This guy could be a legend for the Bhoys but its up to Celtic to keep him because he will get noticed ,i would be looking just now to tie him up on a long term deal or an extension deal to what he is on just now.

4. CMcphail88

I think I do love him. :icon_mrgreen:

5. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    His teeth are perfect :52: looks like he's wearing a white gumshield.

6. kennydal

Did you notice he had a hair out of place yesterday though :rolleyes: fs.:icon_mrgreen:

7. Tennant1888

he's only 22 and his notched up over 100 career goals brilliant striker when fit easily a 30 goal a season player, over 20 goals for one of the championships worst sides last season his stats are incredible

8. Markie85

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Hope he stays at celtic for a good few years and becomes a legend. The type of striker we've been missing the last few seasons.

9. Henriksdreads

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson / Lubo Moravcik / Paul Elliot
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Love this guy, he is just no nonsense, every time he gets the ball he just wants to batter it in to the net, no second thoughts, really hope he stays fit for the rest of the season now.

I have high hopes for his future too, as has been said he is still young and doing the business.

10. chris2010

Quality. Should be considered for an England call up? Just as good as any of there strikers the now e.g. Rooney, Defoe, Bent, Crouch. Maybe even better? As a goalscorer anyway.

11. Celtic Bhoy 94

Hooper won't get an England call up unless we do well in Europe and between him and Kayal i think i have a major man crush going on :56:They are the Heart and Soul of this current celtic squad

12. boylebhoy95

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    :56::56:

13. H88per

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooper & Emilio
    Did ye hear that sportscene host call him hooperman? :) with a name like that he's bound to leave parkhead a real legend.. I think the man himslf knows this and will be around for a long time... Well as long as the board don't go selling him!!

My fav player since petrov left.

14. Dan1888

Great talent hopefully we get a good few years out of him, like it's been said he is the striker we have been missing for a few years Lennons best signing up there with Izzy.

15. MalteseMick

You could see it in him in pre-season.

When Hooper was coming back from his first injury Kenny Miller was top of the SPL goal scoring charts at 10 goals, I backed Hooper each way to be top goalscorer at 25/1 with Bet365, he had zero SPL goals at that point. I had him to win near £8k if he got most goals, and 2.5k if he came second or third.

I knew Rangers were going to be under pressure to keep Miller at Christmas with the contract running down so that was my angle for the win, and anyway the 7/1 place for him to be second or third top goalscorer was a ridiculous price.

After the BBC announced Birmingham had a bid accepted for Miller I went back in backed Hooper again at 16/1 win only. Got him to win just short 10k now, had my eyes glued to the Rangers news for the last week crying out for Miller to finally leave.

Even if Miller does leave it will not be a cert, Hooper would have to score 12 goals in 17 SPL games and hope nobody else betters that - but still got me a bit excited now :)

16. TheWayneEvent

Aye... I hope he does well at Celtic, but primarily, I want you to win all that money. That is my main concern...

How much do you stand to win again?

:56:

17. MalteseMick

don't be selfish, bask in my reflected glory... hopefully :97:

18. TheWayneEvent

I am completely jealous... :)

19. khunter1981

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    The guy's impressed me from the off. Stength, reasonable pace and a ridiculous eye for goal. Know what I loved last game though? The way he missed what was effectively a sitter then turned around and, at the next chance, took two top class touches and finished cool as you like. For a 22 year old coming from Scunthorpe, his attitude has been immense.

20. chief1989

current top scorers:

Miller on 21 - looks like he's off
    Sammon on 13 - he's off to scunny
    Goodwillie on 11 - he's of to barlinnie fc
    Rooney on 11 - out of contract at end of season so might be going now aswell
    Blackman on 10 - don't know how he'll do in the aberdeen side

hooper's on 10 just now so i think ur onto a winner mate!