1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuenosAiresBhoy

Now Scott Parker i think could fill a gap for us for the season providing he can stay fit

2. Celtic_magic

Ola Toivonen. I still have no idea why we havent gone in for him.

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Probably because we wouldn't pay the money for him.

4. Roskopicachu

So remember i was on about Ojamaa as a guy to come off the bench and score goals and people were in uproar about him not being good enough to play up front although i had said it would be cover for Forrest?

Well it turns out he's playing right midfield for Legia and coming off the becnh and starting he's on a goal and an assist in 2 games in the Ekstraklasa.

Here's some highlights, Ojamaa scores a cracking goal - but i'd like to highlight another player Vladimir Dvalishvili:

4 goals in five, including 2 in the champions league qualifiers:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z81QFOm2YI"]LEGIA WARSZAWA-PODBESKIDZIE BIELSKO BIAÅ￾A 4-0 - YouTube[/ame]

5. Roskopicachu

His agent is well known to us. Anyway, mind i said about Zyro as well, he's the guy setting up all the chances.

plays on the left or central midfield.

6. GMS

After seeing Forrest in the first couple of games this season, I actually think we should have went in for him now.

Hindsights a brilliant thing eh?

7. Rtw

they rejected a very large bid in january from Reading, there are loads of teams who would happily buy him. he's quality, too good for the spl

8. eastcorkbhoy

I know he has been mentioned before - Omer Damari from Hapoel Tel Aviv is a decent striker. Rumoured 3 mill euro buy out clause. I wonder do we have any Israeli bhoys or girls on this site who could fill us in on his form etc. I also know they would have to put up with some Anti-Isreali venom which seems to come up on here every once in a while. Anyway, he is a decent player and worth considering, I know there was talk of him, maybe before - he had or has the same agent as Beram K?? I for one want good players, I don't care about the nationality, faith, etc of any player.

9. Roskopicachu

It is indeed Jack, but i called it back in January. I just wish we had been way more courageous in this transfer window. We could have had a number of players from our league and lesser leagues, that i believe could have absolutely blown up the SPL. That form can carry into the champions league.

Some of these players are actually still available, but i think the two gems we missed out on were Ojamaa and Russell and for that, i'm absolutely dumbfounded that we somehow have this magical scouting system that failed to pick up on players right in front of their eyes.

Sorry, i'm a bit grumpy and a bit disappointed that we made a complete change in our signing policy after one season of success - when it was working - it had brought us that success - and a whole host of players were available and we got stung for Balde, Dijk, Mouyokolo and the latest injury victim who managed 30 minutes and picked up torn ligaments - if that's what he has.

We could recitfy it, by taking the money being bandied around for Finnbogason and spend it a bit more wisely. I must admit i think we're being setup for yet another sting in this deal to. Last i heard it was £5million + Kayal, and as good as Finn is, it's a crazy deal.

We'd be better judging it purely on technique rather than the league they play in.

10. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Wakaso Mubarak

11. GMS

How much would Shane Long cost? < £3 million ?

12. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Try double that at the very least.

13. Roskopicachu

4.5 after tearing the championship a new * for one season. I expect Johnny Russell will do the same and go for a similar transfer fee.

14. Roskopicachu

I'm a bit daft. I'd ditch the Finnbogason deal and go and sign a right sided player and a central midfielder. I know everyone maybe can't see the sense in that because we have quality in those positions, but i still think Stokes can hit 30 goals and Watt can hit 20.

I would still be scouring under 21 national teams like we've been doing. The latest guy talked about from Mainz looks like quality, but i seriously doubt we'd be able to get him, so i'd go out and make the midfield capable of tearing any team apart on their own.

15. Roskopicachu

BTW i'd like to say, i've loved the player suggestion page all Summer. Makes you wonder what kind of team we'd have if we had more of a say on the players we sign. We'd have had a squad of about 200 players by now:)

16. murphy88

For starters, how have we changed our signing policy? We are still bringing in younger players and looking to turn a profit on them. I don't see where we have changed the policy since last year.

You have also said we have been stung for Balde, Van Dijk & Mouyokolo. How have we been stung for them? And you can scrub Mouyokolo straight off that list becuse we got him for free, so we can't have been stung. We haven't see Balde or Van Dijk start a competitive match yet and you are already making your mind up on them. They might turn out to be a bargain at the prices we got them at.

17. GMS

Well that's a no then

18. BuenosAiresBhoy

Is that the convicted rapist??

19. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Aye

20. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Did not know that?