1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Zheng Zhi

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Andy bhoy, Nov 28, 2009.

Discuss Zheng Zhi in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Andy bhoy

Anybody else like to see him get more of a chance? I'v been impressed with what iv see of him so far , looks like he can pass a ball and his control of the ball also looks fairly good (thinking of the penalty he got us against the huns.) He would also add some needed hight in the middle of the park and since he's caption of one of the biggest countrys in the world , he must have some bottle about him.
    Thoughts ?

2. 30stm87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing.
    Hes getting a game the day man, hes in the starting line up:50:

3. jigraptor

I think he needs to nail down a starting position...this can play anywhere thing will go against him nailing down a regular spot....its like he has just been bought as a sub that can come on no matter who is going off.

Mowbray should decide on his best position, and if he is the best player in that position then start him!

Looks like he's left wing today...

Allthough I think he will tuck in and Sammy will go wide as he usually does

4. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Mind you,dont think he's any worse than the players that we got anyway,he was ill last week.the way TM does business at the minute i think he will play all over the show and this might do him no favours.
    TM needs to find a slot for him and give him a good run and we will see in a few games time what he is really all about:50:

5. RocknRolla67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All of Em
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    He remind me a lot of Park from Manchester United..he doesnt really do anything too outstanding with the ball but he reads the pitch well and will always put in that extra effort to track back and win a ball. He does have good touch and passing but I would rather see him in center mid instead of on the wing, I dont know why Mogga wont start McGinn or McCourt on the wing with Maloney out.

6. AmericanCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Skippy, JVoH, McCourt, Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I really like what I see from this bhoy so far. He excites me; seems to know what he's doing. Was talking to a boy at my college who's from China, he says he plays pretty well for club teams, but not too well for the country. Which was odd, because he's the captain...

I'm also excited by Ki-Sung Yong, he looks absolutely fantastic.

7. RocknRolla67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All of Em
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Dont get me started on Ki Sung-Yueng, I cant wait unitl he joins up.

8. Murphybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    King Arthur,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song.
    ZZ and Robson would be my middle 2 until Jan......

9. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He did excellent today, Mowbray better not think of switching him out for the next game...

10. pelethebhoy

I will second that mate :50:

Mobray needs to decide on Zi Zi's best position and give him a run if he has faith in him, i thought he was wasted out wide today, i'm a believer in playing with wide players who can beat the full backs and have pace to get to the by line especially at home.

That being said, Nguemmo has made the holding role his own and crossas is doing ok.

11. Mr Marty™

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady & Samaradonna.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    ZZ is a tremendous talent imo and as stated before his adaptability may be the thing that goes against him.. Personally i'd like to see him just behind the front 2.

12. Andy bhoy

Just back from the game today and iv not changed my opinion, thought he player really well exsept im not sure that been on the wing is his best position.

13. Brendan Hughes

He was great today, played really well although I thought he faded in the last 20 or so minutes but apart from that him and McGeady ran the show

14. ZZ_townsman

Fav Celtic Player:
    ZZ,nakamura.
    TM should use him as a second striker but not the wing,i was really surprised when heard he was the left wing this match.

15. ZZ_townsman

Fav Celtic Player:
    ZZ,nakamura.
    yeah,agree with what your Chinese friend said,ite better to say that the Chinese football environment damaged all Chinese footballers,not only zz and his national team,but every1 who plays football.i assume that if all the good palyers would be sent to advanced European clubs like Celtics, Chinese people will play as well as they do in the Olympic Games,"the environment"should be the Chief criminal .

16. superswede

Fav Celtic Player:
    past-Larsson, present-McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Felt he could have got a bit more involved today but everything he done he done well, out left may be the place for him as mcgeady and hinkel seem ok on the right and crosas and ngeumo are doing well.

17. BigWilly.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Mcgrain, Boruc, Jinky, Lubo, Di Canio, Ki, Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Bhoys of the Old Brigade
    I agree with what everyone has said I think he will be one of our best signings in reacent memeory, I also think that he will help us finacially too, he is the best known Chinese soccer player and Chinese are passionate about their favorite players, I can see Celtic doing a tour of the far east in a year or two. When I lived in China I remember that Everyone wore Zhi shirts when they had Chinese jerseys on, he is a big deal.

18. AmericanCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Skippy, JVoH, McCourt, Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Won't be a big deal unless he gets playing time. No one in Asia will care about Celtic unless he becomes something here. And in order to do that, he must perform well on the pitch. Thus far, he has done so.:50:

19. s88 Gold Member Gold Member

thought he was excellent in his debut at ibrox, and was suprised to see him get limited game time.

i really dont know what mowbray is doing with him.. i really think that he should be playing games. after watching that game at ibrox, iw anted to see alot more of him, and its just not fair that he isnt being given a chance. i think he can do better than what he's showing, he just needs to be playing week in week out.