1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Zheng Zhi

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Celtbot, Oct 4, 2009.

Discuss Zheng Zhi in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He ran the length of the pitch and fouled Novo. I have him all wrong, he's a star.

But ask him to pass the ball 10 yards and he fails miserably. I know you'll tell us differently though.

Are you saying a team with attacking fullback's cannot afford an attacking midfielder?

2. Larsson777

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson,Boruc,McGeady,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry,Raised on celtic
    ZZ was average today IMO,but that was his first game of the season and he will improve,no doubt.We should count on him.

3. ronan cfc

i didnt think he put a foot wrong he created a few good chances and the penalty it seemed to me that in spells rangers couldnt get the ball of him a top singing ..thats just me though

4. coco-loco

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    we fuckin hate rangers
    great debut !!!!!!!!1

5. The The Hand

Look on the bright side - maybe he's keeping him in the shop window to punt him to Spurs in January...

6. Markie85

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Have to say I was impressed with Zheng Zhi. He had only played 1 match since May and to be thrown in to an old firm game on your debut I thought he done very well. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Looked composed on the ball and could be a creative force. Promising.

8. arkolt2000

He can run and tackle all he wants, but if he continues to misplace 50% of the 10-yard passes he attempts, then he's no use to anyone. They guy hasn't got the ability to kick the ball properly, or turn on it without it bouncing off his shins in a random direction.

9. gary mcguire

Fav Celtic Song:
    willy maley. YNWA, the celtic song and athenry
    can i just say, i dont remember brown misplacing one pass yesterday, i remember n'guemo misplacing more than brown

10. mmmikey

Fav Celtic Player:
    McStay, Moravcik, Di Canio, LARSSON!
    I can see the sense in using him against better teams in the CL as he is a decent ball winner (not as good as N'Guemo mind).

The problem is in the SPL and even in the Europa games when we've been dominating we have zero attacking threat from the middle. Neither N'Guemo nor Brown can shoot (and I mean from anywhere), can't thread a pass, and can't particularly dribble.

So you'll find us looking for magic from our wingers who tend to be double-marked. Failing that our full-backs pump in hopeful crosses where we have forwards who aren't particularly good in the air.

Robson would be my first pick to accompany N'Guemo as he has all the battling characteristics of Brown (perhaps less pace), yet he can shoot from distance, takes a great set-piece and can thread a ball.

Equally Crosas is good from distance and has great passing technique, albeit perhaps too light-weight. Going from Sunday Zheng Zhi looks like he can make things happen in midfield...

Brown simply doesn't do enough for me - a poor mans N'Guemo.

11. stephenhamill

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal or Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    them awww
    composure was great kept his nerve when tm through him in at the deep end great player

12. ronan cfc

i was thinking maybe him coming will help koki since he and naka where good friends maybe another asian player there with him will help his progress

13. s88 Gold Member Gold Member

i was a bit weary seeing him on the team sheet, and i didnt think he would cope, but he done excellent! considering being 2-0 down at ibrox, he played great, and in my opinion, i would say if anything was going to happen, he would be involved - which he was with the penalty.

So far, so good with Zheng Zhi. You should never judge a book by its cover though, but i think this man can do good for us, and be the spark that our midfields been waiting on!

i dont know about anyone else, but watching the game yesterday gave me faith in mowbray again, just as i was beginning to doubt him a little. im looking forward to watching us over the next few fixtures, and even more so when the transfer window comes around, because i dont think 1 of tony's signings have dissapointed, and i look forward to when he gets the team he's after - be it 1 or 2 seasons.

and just to top off my post, il just add that i thought when Zheng Zhi was subbed, we lost alot of our attack, so he definatly played a big role in the game, and well done to him for such a great game on his debut! couldnt of had any more pressure imho.

14. GorbalsRhyno

Fav Celtic Player:
    bobo balde!
    sell brown, caldwell and mcdonald, buy keane! zhi and robson can replaces brown!get odea back to replace caldwell, and keane replacing mcdonald! wages freed up and transfer kitty boosted to fund the deal!

15. Larsson777

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson,Boruc,McGeady,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry,Raised on celtic
    I agree with you mate 100% but I am not sure that we are going to sign Keane.

16. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, larrson,lubo,jinky,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing,ynwa,sean south,on the one road
    yip just like that!!:rolleyes:[​IMG]

17. Joebhoy

18. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He certainly had a very good debut especially considering how difficult a fixture that is to make your debut in. Definitely should start next game and lets see how he does there.

19. McNaka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, sends chills up my spine
    That's my read on Brown as well. His industry, hard work, and scrappiness is useful for closing the gap when our midfield is outclassed. He can man-mark a player and cancel them out (see Arshavin in 1st Arsenal game.)
    But when it's a game where we need to dictate the flow to the opposition, he is a passenger.

20. dannybhoy48

Zheng had a great game. Look fwd to more of the same. HAIL HAIL :icon_mrgreen: