1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Zheng Zhi

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Celtbot, Oct 4, 2009.

Discuss Zheng Zhi in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DanniGhirl

Exactly, Brown was a passenger again, N'Guemo didn't have his best game but was better than Brown, Zheng was better than both and the signs are good that he wasn't bought for commercial reasons as some cynical fans stated.

2. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Looked good today. Get Brown to * out that team. My patience has ran out with him, and I'd put Zheng in ahead of him as of NOW.

I can't believe people still stick up for this imposter.

3. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    N'Hopeless ive heard it all now * wake up he is our best * player ffs Brown is the diddy brown out Crosas in .

4. Mr Marty™

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady & Samaradonna.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    I did my youtube homework first danni LOL and i felt he played exactly how it comes across on YT.

Just think this was his first match in a very long time against a very powerful bullying gers team.. looks good.

5. mmmikey

Fav Celtic Player:
    McStay, Moravcik, Di Canio, LARSSON!
    Yup sing it to me! On another note Crosas must be about 5 choice centre-mid now? Shame because he looked good at times last season.

6. Foley1888

He was a rare glimmer of hope in a shocking defensive, striking and refereeing performance today.
    Was suprised at N'guemo seemed like this game would ave been up his ally but he seemed lost.
    Brown actually won a fair few tackles today was one of his better performances this season but still not good enough.
    The defence less said the better could take them all out back and pull the trigger.
    Strikeforce or lack off was sorely evident again in a poor performance infront of goal two bad misses from maloney and mcdonald always seems to find the wrong option no idea why?

7. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Crosas is much better than brown i just dont get it ,

Zz was class today and im not gonna go over board on it i like what i saw and think he can be a very good player for us but he will need to be consistant ,

8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Same player he was at Charlton which was very good, wanted Celtic to sign him 2 seasons ago. He has a spot on first touch and his passing and vision are something we've been lacking. Plenty more still to come from him.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2009
  9. kungfoofighter

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    he should definetly get in for brown, looks like a good player. now we just need 2 centre backs

10. Mr Marty™

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady & Samaradonna.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    And fortuné back to feed skippy doo and i'll be chuffed :)

11. OC

I don't think he should be fed anymore.:icon_mrgreen:

[​IMG]

12. Mr Marty™

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady & Samaradonna.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    :56: I'll give ye that one lol :56:

13. RYANER1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Mick
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    I wish we took portsmouths 9mill offer last January, seriously, brown is one of the most over rated player in world football. Zhi was immense today, really surprised me, for someone with no spl experience never mind old firm experience he played fantastic.

14. paulmitchell

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown, Crosas, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He looked great today, was on both wings, through the middle, tracking back. Pretty much everything you could ask for is debut but the guy isnt fit and talk of him replacing Brown could be premature.

15. greg2467

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Time: Lubo Present: Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Willy Maley
    I was very impressed with ZZ TBH.... he was certainly the only bit of good to be seen in
    the game

16. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    ma cm's for us would be n'guemo zheng 1st choice and crosas and the korean boy if he comes as cover

the rest can go and get that boy mccarthy fae wigan if that doesnt work out for him

17. celticfc482

Brown has been really limited in recent games, hes been told to stay back and defend, which is what he does, runs like anything but he doesnt go forward, i think thats why everyones blaming him, but hes best when hes driving forward and mowbray isnt allowing him to do that for some reason, but if anyone acutally paid attention youd of actually seen him run the full lentgh of the pitch to get back and defend against a rangers break, and the result was fouling novo getting a yellow but he was still there and stopped them scoring, ppl are waay to harsh on him, if you watch him youd see hes restricted

18. Mark1978

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    For his first game he was great and showed great composure in such a massive game :50:

19. gunt

totally agree. People dont seem to understand that both WGS and Mowbray have asked him to stay back and not attack much. The reason is simply with 2 out and out wingers and flying FBs pushed way up you simply cannot have just one guy holding fort in the CM. I also think the hastling sort of role suits him more. I think people were mesmerised by a few good runs he did when he was top man with a free role at Hibs. His role is not appreciated enough but 2 managers now think he is a first pick ever present (3 actually if you include Burley). He is not a touch player or a playmaker, never was and never will be. He is an all action battling sort of mobile ball winner, not the same as a deep sitter. We use wee creative players who can defend in wide areas. I do not think its possible to accomodate another similar player into the CM in a 4-4-2. I think you need two battlers if you have Maloney and McGeady on. Imagine today if you had had something like a McCourt-mGuemo CM. We would have been beaten about 7-3 or something like that.

20. Bhoy Brian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    He played very well I think he has shown that tm was straight when he told us the reasons behind his signing