1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Zenit v Celtic (18:00 GMT - 22/02/18) BT Sport

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Feb 16, 2018.

Discuss Zenit v Celtic (18:00 GMT - 22/02/18) BT Sport in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Had we got pumped by a superior team then you can say fair enough but we offered nothing against a very average Zenit team.

Thank * it's over for us in Europe this season, because for the most part it certainly hasn't been enjoyable tae watch.

2. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

It's not all about Money either, we are richer now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Markybhoy

Slept on it. Thought about it. Still * off about it. Feel like I've been punched in the guts. That was absolutely pathetic. :38:

James likes this.
  4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Like every other supporter i looked forward to this game all week, really thought we could do it, but we've seen this movie so many times before.

packybhoy likes this.
  5. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Totally agree, we just didn't have the same tempo or attitude that we showed in the home leg. Fair bit of frustration between the players at times which I don't like to see (better kept for dressing room) Ntcham, Dembele and Rogic all got it in the ear at various points from the players behind/beside them especially Broony and KT.

6. shaun.f

aye time to close this. the dream is over.

7. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Im not surprised. In fact I agree with you 100% and I said all this at the start of the season. The question I have is....Is it the board being tight-fisted or is it Rodgers being unable to identify quality CB's in the £4-5 million bracket?. I know the board have a reputation for being tight fisted but I honesty think if Brendan went to them and said we desperately need to sign (insert name) for around £5 million then he would have got it. We've made over £60 million in the last 2 season through CL money and money from Van Dijk going to Liverpool. Im blaming Rodgers for the defensive shambles not the board.

8. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

your right about that, id rather not be in it if were not gonna give it our best shot to advance

this * about being happy to be in it where does that * even come from, i hate it

way back when i was a youngster i watched brian mclair, the *, roy aitken, murdo macleod, peter grant, paul mcstay, tommy burns, danny mcgrain, pat bonnar and we could knock the ball about fast and accurately not all the time but at home we always scored and created great chances to score, now at the mid to the latter end of the 80's it became clear that the foreign teams were dominating the ball in posession, tiring our players out as we were getting moved all over the park trying to win the ball back, then these european teams would up a few gears and slice through our tired players that were ball watching

we are trying a version of this style today but (well have been doing it in europe for a while now under a few different managers, since strachan i believe and he has been the best at it although lennon did it well to

what we seem unable to do since we started playing the possession game is the quickening the tempo up in the final third after say knocking the ball about for a couple of minutes

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Kinda gutting when you look at the draw if we had been zenit you would have liked to think we could compete with leipzig. ... board don't have the same ambitions our fans do

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

10. James Gold Member Gold Member

Wener and Forsberg would tear us a new one

Mr Shelby likes this.
  11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Yeh going by last night's result ... my point was say on Wednesday night before the match the draw was done and we had hope of overcoming zenit ... With the other teams in the draw leipzig was kinder . All in if and buts anyway we are just not good enough fact us if the board used a third of what's in the bank we would have had a decent cb gk and rb for last night's tie

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

James likes this.
  12. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    I know mate in some ways it's a relief , concentrate wholly on league and Scottish cup playing our best 11 in every game and onto the treble, we were never going to win Europa league or get to final and as great as the Seville run was in 2003 it definitely cost us the league and gave the Huns a treble and to be fair in 2008 the Huns wee run to the final in the uefa cup probably cost them the league as well as we pulled back a 12 point gap

13. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

The anger and frustration usually subsides after a few days but still can’t believe how bad we were the other night.

Went out with not even a whimper. We had no structure at all in defence or attack.

14. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Pfft aye right. Almost glad we didn’t have to play them.

15. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Dodged Leipzig. We are the real winners here.

16. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I would agree it would've been kinder but not by much, leipzeg just knocked out the current serie a leaders who play magic football. Mental the amount of good teams still left in the Europa.

17. ScottBhoy+

The board need to start travelling with the away fans in Europe to connect back with the people that pay their wages.

18. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It's still only been one full day lol but i still feel the same!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

19. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Completely hypothetical, but I'd fancy Leipzig to stuff us.

If we'd got past Zenit confidence would have been there, but as soon as a team with the slightest bit of quality approaches our box the defence shites it. Leipzig's attack would have a field day.

I'd like to think we can compete with anyone but the reality now is we can't. So unpredictable. Appears going by some recent comments that even our own gaffer doesn't believe we can, which is worrying.

littlekennie likes this.
  20. bowroadbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song, Oh' Hampden in the sun,Fields of Athenry