1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Zenit v Celtic (18:00 GMT - 22/02/18) BT Sport

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Feb 16, 2018.

Discuss Zenit v Celtic (18:00 GMT - 22/02/18) BT Sport in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Lawell wants football to become a fukin movie FFS.

He got one last night (again)
    Gets one every time we play in Europe.

I'm starting to question if we had a better team when we had the Heid and McManus,Telfer ...who seemed to get us further.

It's a bit surreal.

And I don't think big Dembele is worth £20 mil either....maybe wrong but it all seems to have gone to his head.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    Mystic Penguin and MagicBallBhoy like this.
  2. Batigol

Slightly aside, did travelling fans do alright?

Never seen reports of issues like some of the anti-Celtic media suggested was likely.

3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The lads I know who went, despite the result, had a great time. No dramas.

4. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

we at least with them you could visibly see they wer trying their hardest, the foreigners seem a bit laid back and lacking in passion, i would normally say they foreign players are technically better than strachans side but we really arent seeing that on the park against the europeabun sides.

5. BigWilly The Wildcard Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Willy
    Well we had jozo and a youngster who is naturally a midfielder playing in defense with a 2nd string GK, why are we surprised, before the season began everyone said we needed to strengthen out defense, and we didn't, we needed more back up at CB instead in January we sent 1 CB who was fit away on loan and bought another who was not only injured but cup tied in Europe, poor planning and the board yet again trying to spend as little as possible has hurt us.

bhoy81 likes this.
  6. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Completely flaccid in attack. We have been lacking any sort of creativity recently. That's three times in our lack 5 games we've failed to score a single goal in a match (Zenit, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock). Rodgers needs to find a formation that brings a bit of life back into our attack.

And let's not get started on defence.

Icicle likes this.
  7. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Throwing sviatcenko on scrap heap and buying in a German journey man stinks off appeasement, Tory * in charge at club all taking a big wedge out the club in wages yearly for doing * all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fanakatic, bhoy81 and BigWilly like this.
  8. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Did something I’ve almost never done in the past and switched that off after an hour, there was somehow an inevitability about the whole thing once nobody bothered to pick up a player who is a known massive threat from any corner.

I was trying to stay positive after the Sevco game which I thought was dire and tried to put down to tiredness and a break would be the answer to our overall form but it’s far from looking the case bar the wee huns game, the Zenit home game was always a great opportunity down to their lack of playing time.

This season has been poor as a paying spectator, barely seen a top class performance at Parkhead all season and truth be known it’s been a big come down, that said I’m still tying to be positive and hope that we can now focus on the treble and recapture some better form with no Europe to think about anymore.

Could attack this match and the overall picture from many angles but the long and short is with a defence as poor as we have bar KT we have no right to be be beating anyone in Europe, Simunovic, Boyata, Lustig should never be seen at this level ever again if we seriously hope of making real progress, I’d much rather have seen Hendry play than any of that lot.

Is Compper becoming the new Boerigter? Are we ever going to see him.

The heroes of last night were the 1000 that went over there, the club should refund the ticket price to every single one of them for showing the type of spirit that all but KT got close to last night.

MagicBallBhoy and bhoy81 like this.
  9. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    So had a sleep since the game and i still can't believe how poor we were. It was awful.

I think we do have players that are good enough at that level but we've performed like last night too many times this season. I dont mind that we lose a game here and there it's very rare to do what we did last season but what I really can't accept is that attitude, no desire. Any attack we tried we just turned and started again.

Zenit were well set up and we know they are a great counter attacking side who never have the majority of possession in games, but all 3 goals were definitely avoidable. I don't know if it was the flight being so close to the game, the tactics, or psychologically were * up, but something has to change.

I really hope this summer we have a clear out, get rid of players that are not good enough or have the potential to be the European level we need. Spend some money and sign a few players of quality.

I really doubt that will happen, and I don't think we need a lot of changes but we do need important ones.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  10. Sturm Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Johan Mjällby
    I am still shocked about yesterday's performance.
    Everyone - players and manager - is supposed to think about it. That was absolutely nothing.

But we still have the chance to win the domestic treble - the season can be saved!

11. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Worst thing for me about last night.......Zenit weren't even particularly good. Bang average. All the pre-match hype about the money they've spent and how good they were had me expecting much better. Anderlecht were a more impressive side for me.

12. apevrak

We have about four players who have shown some consistency at this level this season (Tierney, Forrest, Brown, Ntcham). Imo we need at least four more in vital positions to avoid humiliations like last night, PSG and Barca etc. We've known that since last summer, yet * all have been done about it.

13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I want to say that last nights game was a bonus and we should have just been happy to be in Europe after Christmas, but that’s so small time and that kind of chat gets on my nerves. We showed in the first leg that we can compete, then last night we just bottle it. I know there’s players in there who haven’t experience knockout European football after Christmas but I don’t understand how they can play that badly, after playing that well.

14. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think 4 key signings in the summer sounds about right. Get rid of the players we don't need loan out youngsters to get experience and bring in quality not players that are no where near the level yet.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

15. Roskopicachu

It wasn't a great night for us. Mancini's side put a better ball into the box and that was the difference in the end.

16. Paradise88

They were defensively solid though. They kept great shape and all we could do was pass it about.

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

They just got Leipzig in the next round. Very tough.

18. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Leipzig will * them up.

Officer Doofy likes this.
  19. Ľubomír1 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Keeper was an absolute shambles. It's been a major issue for a while now and needs sorting ASAP.

Another issue was creativity going forward. On the wings I expected Forrest and Teirney to go past players ever time they were on the ball. So as a unit they funnelled us into the middle of the pitch. Where we couldn't break them down. The ball was aimlessly passed around the edge of the box and Zenit were happy with.

They was no urgency from us either, little to no runs made, no movement. We held the ball and made more passes and seemed content enough with that.

20. oh bhoy

Its more like an episode of lost when your wondering what tha * is going on.Caldwell McManus and telfer would walk into our team right now the holie goalie would be a better option than Gordon ,Doris and bain all between the sticks we haven't got a goal threat from free kicks like nakamura nor from corners like vennegoor