1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Zenit St Petersburg - Europa League 15/02/2018

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by Bobo_, Dec 14, 2017.

Discuss Zenit St Petersburg - Europa League 15/02/2018 in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

Everton and Arsenal mate. Those prices are only that low because no one would go otherwise because English fans are snobby as * with regard to the Europa League. It’s not a fair reflection of he tournaments actual value.

2. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

I don't know mate, it worries me that people believe that these prices are OK. It's the second tier competition in European football no matter what way you dress it up, it shouldn't be at CL prices.

Have a look around the continent. I can't see any examples of fans being charged the equivalent of £35/£40 for Europa League games.

Marty McFly likes this.
  3. JamesM09

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying £35 is a great price, and obviously it’s * some people will have to give this one a miss.

It’s the bit in bold I mainly take issue with. If this was a champions league game against Zenit there wouldn’t be much of an issue, and I just don’t like that.

I give games a miss all the time when I’m skint. I would never criticise anyone for that. I would quicker criticise someone for buying a ticket they can’t afford.

But if I can’t afford a ticket for this match then I can’t afford it if it’s vs Zenit in the UCL either. Celtic fans are hypocritical when it comes to the Europa League.

The price of football in general is obviously way too high. I wouldn’t argue with that. It’s this distinction between UCL and EL that annoys me.

4. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Take your point mate but I disagree.

Basic economics in all walks of life. You are expected to pay more for something that is deemed better quality/standard.

We're now in the 2nd tier competition.

Compare the price of tickets for the two finals this year, both set by UEFA:

Europa League: Stockholm
    Category 1: €150
    Category 2: €100
    Category 3: €70
    Category 4: €45

Champions League: Cardiff
    Category 1: £390
    Category 2: £275
    Category 3: £140
    Category 4: £60

5. JamesM09

But even if you are taking this approach mate I think it’s in favour of £35? It’s at least arguable that it is.

I think this is what I’m saying. If you look at it that way and compare Celtic’s prices for SPFL and UCL, it is a fair price unless you place the EL knockout stage much lower than I do.

6. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Champions league prices this season:
    Rosenberg £25
    Astana £28
    PSG £38
    Bayern £38
    Anderlecht £38

At £35 you're effectively paying CL group stage prices. But look, I'll pay it and 50k+ others will play it and the club can continue to fund christmas cards to ST holders like yday :fear:

7. JamesM09

Gee the weans their Christmas cerds!

Aye but that’s what I mean! £35 is less than £38 and the £38 was only if you bought it as a 3 match package, otherwise it was close to £50, even as a ST holder.

A last 16 ticket would probably be £40-£50 if we had made it.

Plus I would say EL knockout is on a par (or at least almost) with CL groups. Although it’s a tier 2 tournament, it’s at a later stage, a one off game, quality opposition and a rarity for Celtic!

I love the Europa League mind. :fear:

8. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Well the more people who are put off it, the more chance I have of getting one on general sale. For all your regulars who might miss it cause of the price, you'll get * like me who live hundreds of miles away up for it :84: Bring on the Ruski's!!

ChrisMoh and trackebhoy like this.
  9. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Never been to a game yet where there are aren't spares offered outside. If you are determined to get a ticket for this one you will general sale or not. These days you see spares offered on numerous forums and the likes of twitter @celticspares

JML67 and richardm like this.
  10. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That's really rubber stamping what I said earlier, I've been to quite a few Europa League games in the last couple of seasons in Germany and Italy and in every case the prices have been drastically reduced compared with league games let alone CL games, I paid 10 euro to watch Schalke at home eg in a brilliant seat, when you also consider Arsenal who are constantly panned for their pricing sell most of their tickets at half or less than we are charging I don't think there's much argument that the club have got the pricing very wrong and are out of sync with how nearly all other clubs structure it in the Europa League, for no other reason than the big money we paid for the CL and what we got in return I think the club for that reason alone should have kept the prices right down to a bare minimum for this one.

Slating the prices is not turning any noses up at the EL, I'm more than delighted to be in it and unlike many can at least claim to have been at all 3 group games under Ronnie when the whole upper tier was closed when we last played in it

Gyp Rosetti, ChrisMoh and StPauli1916 like this.
  11. leeso-ardoyne

Some saying this won't be a sell out surprises me. We all want European football and esp after xmass so I'll be really surprised if it's not full even if the prices aren't that cheap.

ChrisMoh likes this.
  12. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    so the general consensus is this wont sell out?happy days if true because i would like to get to this one.i was under the impression it would have been hard getting tickets for this.agree that its steep though,but im really looking forward to this tie.

Rendog likes this.
  13. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Those who aren't ST holders ask a ST to try getting you a ticket. Chances are ST's will get the chance to buy extra before they even consider a general sale. Might mean sending over money up front as £40 a pop is a lot for someone to fork out.

ST's have until 12 Jan to buy their own seats so soon after that i'd expect Celtic to announce what is left and who gets them.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    23.05 KO their time and we moan about midday Ko's :giggle1:

16. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Plenty of tickets available on GS this morning.

17. Sween

Yeah, just got mine and there are plenty to choose from. Looks like they are maybe holding some of the cheap seats back until the rest go.

18. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah, looks like they're getting rid of the lower half of the upper tier tickets first.

I'd be surprised if it didn't sell out even considering the expensive pricing. Another month until the game anyway. Plenty of time.

19. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Just got four so happy days. It does allow people like myself who don't live locally a chance to get to a game
    In regard to the pricing, my local club Yeovil, fourth tier in England are charging £35 just to watch a non event FA cup game against Man U. Now that I do think is over the top.

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

TICKETS are available now on general sale for Celtic’s UEFA Europa League clash against FC Zenit Saint Petersburg in the UEFA Europa League.

The Russian side are the visitors to Celtic Park on Thursday, February 15 as the Celts look to make home advantage count with a strong support in the first leg of the tie.

Make sure you secure a place to back the Bhoys as the European adventure continues with tickets on general sale now priced from:

- £40 for adults

- £30 for 16/65+

- £25 for Under-13s

There are a number of easy ways to buy:

ONLINE – visit eticketing.co.uk/celtic to select a seat and buy your tickets online.

BY PHONE – call the sales line on 0871 226 1888*. Lines are open from 8am until 8pm, Monday to Friday, and from 8am until 6pm on Saturday and Sunday.

IN PERSON – visit the Ticket Office at Celtic Park. Open Monday to Friday from 9:30am until 5pm.

http://www.celticfc.net/news/13822