1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Your opinion on officials.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jax Teller, Feb 3, 2019.

Discuss Your opinion on officials. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Edit: apologies for being childish and rude before the edit.
    Basically, I was saying that I think your reasoning is circular.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  2. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I think it already has been highlighted on social media, mate. You even have guys like Clarke asking for more consistency. As for the media, it's the same establishment: did they try as hard to save us in 94 as they did the dead club two decades later? Did they *, they were gleeful as *.

It's all the more noticeable, because it largely went away for a while. It's back now that they think they have a title race.

3. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Do you think , over the course of this season that the huns have benefited from poor refereeing decisions more than us? Off the top of your head ?

4. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Honestly???...you've picked what 4 different categories over 2.5 seasons....you're clutching imo there mate!!....i'll give you an answer there that'll easily cover it......we've been a far better team than them over said period who aren't as dirty either!!

Listen, let's cuts to the chase...

Do we get favourable decisions we shouldn't......no doubt!!
    Do they get bad decisions.....of course!!

I still am in no * doubt that 'match changing decisions' involving both teams against each other and also against other sides have made the points differential far smaller than the current 6 points!!

Lies, * lies and statistics!!

They think they're wronged too, do they??.......in amongst all the talk of the 'ESTABLISHMENT' team , Brother Bobby, brother this, brother that, nudge nudge wink wink!!

Call their * bluff i'd say....i'm not a huge fan but bring in VAR.

ALSO, i want them to state allegiances too......i mean it's not their fault really, is it??....it's been bred into them!!

StPauli1916 likes this.
  5. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley

yes, without a doubt they have !!

ps- i also know a few tims that didn't really think it was that bad and are starting to change their minds now!!!

StPauli1916 and Random Review like this.
  6. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    First of all, let me apologise for being rude. I was being a * and I'm sorry. I was just a bit too slow with the edit.

I don't really watch Rangers. Apart from their games against us, I've only seen highlights of two or three of their games all season and they got several odd decisions in those few, but obviously maybe they were exceptions.

So basically I base my opinion on watching us. An English friend of mine with no axe to grind either way watched the highlights of the recent Rangers game at my request; while he thought they deserved the win (I don't disagree), he did also comment that the referee was the worst "homer" he'd seen in a fair while. He's English, he doesn't know that Beaton would have been no different at CP.

I know that we have been on the receiving end of more incredible decisions this year than I remember since the dead club died... precisely when there is a title challenge... hmmmm. I don't think that's the only thing going on here, but it is happening.

I'm 41, I've seen this all before, mate. They said the same about Farry and Dallas, you know, exactly the same arguments about how fans of every club say the same thing, paranoid, green-tinted specs, etc. Turned out we were right, didn't it?

StPauli1916 and jocksteinupper like this.
  7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Lol..

8. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    i know.....* me man!!!....each to their own i suppose.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  9. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    apologies to @jpr21 for the nature of my response above there but i am genuinely stunned how you can ask that question. Genuinely!!

StPauli1916, Twisty and Random Review like this.
  10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Ah well. If it hasn't by now then......

jocksteinupper likes this.
  11. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If complaints are being made about Brown I hope the tackle on him by the Saints player is getting a mention, if Andy Walker says it (edit ffs if that was a pen then we'd see some complaints) was a red card we're talking stone waller :56:

12. cfc_kenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Scottish officials, more often than not, are just inept. I've seen them make mental decisions when watching tonnes of games.

I imagine some have a preference for us and some for deadco, but I don't really care. Yeah, their agendas if they have any can effect outcomes, but it's negligible in the grand scheme of things. If we're banging in goals, they can do * all about it.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  13. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Mind Morelos should've got 4 reds against us, I was like oh please don't give us points like that it's a pure riddy we're so bad just give them the * points and get the plane ready cause we're coming back with a purpose, that's how much I give a * about the cards they get :56:

StPauli1916 likes this.
  14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Funnily enough the Huns had a thread on follow follow just solely because of that tackle from Goss on Broony. Brilliant, superb etc loving it..

3 day's later Broony gives his own out and it's the guy's an animal that get's away with murder :56:

Lilac Wine likes this.
  15. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    :rofl: Classic. Be careful what you wish for, and spend £2m on :56: Broony is * majestic they can only dream of that quality

McChiellini.. likes this.
  16. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Mate.....they are inept....there's also a fair few with bias towards a certain team imo. They can be both!!

I also believe if allegiances of those that take charge of our and their games came out we would get hammered!!

17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    As an example boaby madhun is looking straight at the hun GK the other night, a blind man could see that it was dangerous play and merited a straight red with a penalty awarded tae the sheep, but madhun couldn't bring himself to do the right thing, and we know why that was.

I believe the refs are inept across the board, there is a shocking lack of consistency, we see it all the time, but there are also a number of refs who are so blatant they cannot hide their bias towards the huns.

18. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    This.

19. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    correct mate.....oh how they forget during their faux outrage that they very probably wouldn't have won the game with the keeper off the park and a pen to face!!

20. cfc_kenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Almost everybody in Scotland who likes football has a preference for either us of them, so I doubt it's any different for referees. If we're outnumbered in that department, then just need more Tims getting their referee badges ( if you're allowed to apply with a Catholic surname).

Most fans from other clubs that I've spoke with (which is by no means objective) think both ourselves and deadco get the majority of favourable decisions. Makes sense because our games are televised/ reported plus larger fan base in crowds could sway referees.