1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Festive Food And Drink Tips

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by cidermaster, Dec 9, 2018.

Discuss Your Festive Food And Drink Tips in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    For superb Roast Potatoes,get some Beef Dripping,Asda do a belting luxury jar,only a pound a throw.Just put and one and a half Table Spoons full of the Beef Dripping in your roasting dish and heat up for 10 minutes at 220 c or 200 c for a Fan Oven.
    Before hand of course you have boiled your potatoes in the usual way.Take the roasting tray out after the 10 minutes and add two generous nobs of salted butter which soon melts,then put in your cut potatoes in, soaking them in the hot goodness and stick them in the Oven for 48-50 minutes turning once,the results are lovely.
    Did these last night with Roast Beef for the family as it would have been my parents 50th Anniversary,my Dad passing away over 4 years ago,i did these as he loved this meal with the old Red Wine riding Shotgun after a pre Huge Gin as Dad always loved:lol:
    Anyway everybody really loved the Roasties,i think Beef Dripping edges out Goosefat,but Goosefat is still good that said.
    Anyway what are your Festive Tips??

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  2. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Have plenty of Bailey's ready for the Brandy.

cidermaster likes this.