1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Your favourite win at the Stade de Bigot

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The IRA, Mar 13, 2018.

Discuss Your favourite win at the Stade de Bigot in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Samaras Sunday.

2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Only pulling your plonker.

3. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Samaras Sunday gave us hope, when things looked dire.

Sydneysider likes this.
  4. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    Probably this one. But Sunday has to be up there. That was a tremendous, brilliant result on Sunday.

The one Im posting was Lou Macari's first game in charge and we went to Ibrox with absolutely no chance apparantly. We were a very very poor side at the time. But the fans went absolutely mental when Brian O'Neil scored the winner. Proper mental

5. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

Murray was deluded. He clearly didnt think it was possible for his financial bubble to burst. They were constantly spending beyond their means, for years. It never crossed his mind that "wait the noo...we're no bringing in enough money to cover this type of spending...." Before there were transfer windows and you could just sign a player whenever you wanted.....thats what they did.....whenever they had a bad result.....whenever they got beat off us....or pumped out of Europe....they immdediately went out and spent another fortune on a player or two.....all to take their fans' minds off the bad result. It realy was ridiculous at times. Their squad was huge. And full of over-paid players who under-achieved at every other club they were at.

I remember an interview with Murray....I think it was when they signed Laudrop....and he said ...."People better realise....that rangers are the biggest football club in Britain". I mean whit???? The guy actually believed that. Thats what the biggest part of their problem was

JC Anton likes this.
  6. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Sammy Sunday for me.

Sydneysider likes this.
  7. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Sammy sunday was the most unexpected victory v them this century i would imagine.

Personal favourite is the 2-1 last year at Ibrox. Finished off that brilliant month of December

8. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Samaras Sunday, didn’t think we had a chance, completely revitalised the whole team and support under Lennon after some woeful performances in December. Last seasons 5-1 runs it close, complete and utter dominance from first minute to last, should’ve been more as well.

9. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Never thought about like that before. I was wondering why hardly anyone chose a victory from the MON years - like this was our first real period of proper dominance in decades and there were quite a few decent victories to chose from. Yet it definitely seems like the more recent victories have been more enjoyable - for exactly those reasons: social media, online platforms and greater documentation of our goals, players' reactions, Hun misery, fan reactions and interactions.

This is definitely true for someone like me who lives in a place where there is virtually no interaction with Huns. I mean, my mum's side of the family is Protestant and I've friends and relatives who are Protestants, but absolutely no Huns. I know of literally no people who support Rangers/The Rangers, I don't come across them at all - so I never get the opportunity to go into work or play fives or go out socially and noise them up. I'm sure for many on here, there's a great pleasure in getting it right up your workmates or neighbours or whatever. But for me the only place I find them is online. So social media, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, fans' forums etc. allow me to really interact and enjoy these moments in ways that were not possible years ago.

Senna s1979 and Marty McFly like this.
  10. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Yes i was at that 4-4 game,yes it was unreal,there was something in the air that day,i remember the unreal atmosphere before we even got into the Piggery.

packybhoy and JC Anton like this.
  11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    It's hard tae pick one, there's been so many .........

12. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    Beachball Sunday in 2003 was another brilliant result. We'd just beat Boavista on the Thursday to make the UEFA Cup Final. And walked right into Ibrox still knackered and won 2-1.....just playing on pure instinct.

We done it again the following season right after going to the Nou Camp.....and running our guts out for a 0-0 draw with Barca that put us through to the UEFA Cup Quarter Finals again......Big John Kennedy and David Marshall had played the game of their lives at the Nou Camp. I think they were both making their debuts aswell. Then they went to Ibrox and both played brilliantly again. Think that was 2-1 aswell

Those to games were satisfying as *. But Sunday there was on a par with those games. That was proper satisfying that. 10 men. Still schooled them. PROUD AS *.

The IRA and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  13. Goggzy60

Samaras Sunday for me

14. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    For me it's henkes 50th. As per the avatar. A lovely double from lubo combined with larssons 50th from a very tight angle with his weaker foot resulting in a 3-0 mauling of EBT United.

15. Martin_CFC

Struggling to pick between 5-1 last year and Sunday there. Never thought 5-1 would be beaten but last weekend was something special. Watching and hearing the Huns get their hopes up pre-match / after both goals then watching it all come crashing down around them was a thing of beauty.

Also our goals weren’t too shabby either which added to a great day out!

Sydneysider likes this.
  16. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Every one of them.

packybhoy likes this.
  17. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    5-1 was special. But Sunday for me was right up there with the very best. Proper knocked the stuffing right out them and any belief they had in themselves. We have truly asserted ourselves as the best team in the country by miles with that result.

packybhoy and Sydneysider like this.
  18. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    I really enjoyed our 2-0 win at the Piggery on March 21st 1992,Charlie Nicholas and Gerry Creaney the scorers,i was in the Pub at the time that saturday afternoon watching the Grandstand results coming in as i was on a Pub crawl with some mates,i had no idea the score until the report flashed up at approx 4.50pm,one of our group was a Hun fanatic,he had bragged that they were certs earlier in the day:56:

packybhoy likes this.
  19. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Sunday was * glorious by any standards. We were under no illusions as we knew we were the better side and league champs for the forseeable future.
    On the other hand they were delusional, the team on the ascendency that would put us to the sword and overtake us to wrap up the title. * goldfish mentality these *. Did they think they could rip up the book and rewrite it?
    Anyway we didn’t win by loads but it was a good game. They played to their best ability and we didn’t, until we went down to 10 men. This made the result all the sweeter in the end. Put the filth in their place.

One of my other favourites at the * pit was in 1986. An 8 goal thriller. Ending 4-4 and again we finished with 10 men. Willie McStay was sent off. This game had everything. Some great goals and not an inch given either way. Tackles were flying in and both teams were mucked to the eyeballs because of rain and a pitch that was more suitable on the farm. Murdo’s goal that day was like a lightning bolt hitting the filths net. Atmosphere was electric and you could nearly taste it.

cidermaster likes this.
  20. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Genuinely the first person I have ever heard say this Minty. I remember watching it with my younger brother full of trepidation and Guinness.