1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Your favourite win at the Stade de Bigot

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The IRA, Mar 13, 2018.

Discuss Your favourite win at the Stade de Bigot in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Putting that most dishonourable institution - or whatever manifestation thereof - to the sword at their own cesspit of hatred, intolerance and bigotry is always a thoroughly enjoyable occasion.

Joyfully, since the O'Neill revolution of the year 2000 it's been a fairly regular occurrence for the followers of Ireland and Scotland's most enlightened.

Though the club which cheated its way to a number of now irredeemably discredited domestic honours may be no longer with us, and their 'records' indisputably tainted, we can nonetheless continue to enjoy our most recent success against its most recent reincarnation, The Rangers 2012.

So comrades which of our majestic victories at the Stade de Bigot have been your most celebrated?

May 2001: 3-0 Moravcik x 2, Larsson 1

September 2001: 2-0 Petrov, Thompson

April 2003: 2-1 Thompson, Hartson

October 2003: 1-0 Hartson

March 2004: 2-1 Larsson, Thompson

April 2005: 2-1 Petrov, Bellamy

March 2006: 1-0 Zurawski

December 2008: 1-0 McDonald

December 2011: 2-0 Samaras x 2

December 2016: 2-1 Dembele, Sinclair

April 2017: 5-1 Sinclair, Griffiths, McGregor, Boyata, Lustig

September 2017: 2-0 Rogic, Griffiths

March 2018: 3-2 Rogic, Dembele, Eduoard

For me, I'd go for Samaras Sunday, the 5-1 annihilation, the 3-0 title party and Sunday's ten men won the league.

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Games I was at..

2-1 in 88 nothing comes close.

1-1 draw when Paul Byrne scored we were a shambles and they were financially doped, when he equalised it's probably the most mental I've went at a Celtic goal.

3-0 Lubo double and King gets his 50th.

4-4 Murdo equaliser Willie McStay red carded. 2-0 & 3-1 up.. best Hun match I've been to.

4-2 .. first trip to Ibrox 2-0 down at HT won 4-2 Dundee U won the league that day.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

packybhoy and cidermaster like this.
  3. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Honestly don’t know what’s my favourite out of Sunday and the 5-1 last season.

After they two it’s probably Samaras Sunday in 3rd. Seemed to come from nowhere with all the injuries we had.

4. Aidan O’Shea

Your choices are the exact same as mine.

The IRA likes this.
  5. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Samaras Suday was * excellent..as said don't know many of us who went into that match with much confidence.

We actually had some great games against those cheating * that season and deserved more than just one cup to show for it.

I'd say that and the 1-5 annihilation would be my favourites as well.

TESLA likes this.
  6. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    "McGregors come way outttt... GEORGIOS SAMARAS SCORES FOR CELTIC!!!!!!!!"

KRS-1888 likes this.
  7. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Read somewhere recently that during the 90s, when we were at our worst, and they were on financial steroids, they failed to record a win against us at the Bigotbeu in something like 5 years.

That's incredible.

8. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm a 90s kid, was 6 or 7 when we stopped the 10 and tbh don't remember much of it. I was just too young to have a proper emotional investment in football. For me, the O'Neill years were my coming of age - I understood things better and I was more emotionally attached to Celtic. Been that way ever since. And since MON, I can honestly say, I can't remember one occasion where I felt like the underdog going into a game against them at either Parkhead or Ibrox, with the exception of Samaras Sunday. Christ, I was * it before that game. Made the victory all the sweeter. Couldn't not include it as one of my favourite ever victories.

9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I love relentless, dominating performances where we slap them about like the little * they are, so it has to be the 5-1 for me.

"Five did not flatter Celtic. Six or seven would have been a fairer reflection of their dominance" - BBC match report.

Lilac Wine and The IRA like this.
  10. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Loved Samaras Sunday but ultimately we lost the league that year so it was bitter-sweet.

Sunday there beats the 5-1 game for me. As brilliant as it was absolutely stuffing them in their own midden this one was so satisfying.

The cheering in the dressing room after they drew us, all the bluster from fans, ex-players & pundits, predictions from journalists of them winning, to come back from a goal down twice with them cheering the late push on Broony's just as he's pinged a 70 yard assist that Pirlo would be proud of, to overcome the adversity of going a man down; it had it all.

Keano88 and Lilac Wine like this.
  11. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Said this myself to my mate, that 5-1 game was far more impressive and far more dominant than the earlier 5-1.

We genuinely could have scored 10. I can think of at least 5 horrendous sitters/poor one-on-one decisions, that could and should have been certain goals.

12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We were through on goal within the first minute and would have scored, if McGregor had squared the ball to Griffiths.

Aidan O’Shea, JC Anton and The IRA like this.
  13. MartinStrange

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    My favourite is always the last time we beat them.

Lustig dancing through their pish defence to put the seal on a 5-1 reverse - a record for a hammering of a hun side at Ibrokes - i nearly actually came.

But when Edu scored that goal I went * nuts because not only was it 10 men v 11, the whole referee team were desperate to have us lose so it felt 10 v 13. Very very special feeling to win a title in those circumstances.

But to reiterate: the feeling each time, new, is the best feeling and the best time. I'm still living off Sunday's happiness and ecstacy, and will be doing so till the next time we get to beat them!

:36::34::57::notworthy:dancing:

14. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That's the very first thing. Then there's Griffiths hitting the bar from the break after Jozo's tackle - Sinclair missing the rebound. Sinclair again missing a sitter when Griffiths puts it on a plate for him at the back post. Then in second half, Griffiths gets it laid onto him (very similar to the one McGregor should have squared to him in the first minute) and he completely misses the ball.

15. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Git thum shared Martin :crazy3:

16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We won against the odds a few times tbf.. but we were never close to them, seen us lose 5-1 4-0 4-1 there too.

17. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Sammy Sunday.

TESLA and charlietully like this.
  18. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That's the thing though, those 90s teams are considered the worst in our history, weren't we finishing 4th, 5th and 6th?

And yet despite that, they managed 1 domestic Treble in the 9IAR era, went many years without beating us at their own midden, and even suffered actual defeats to us. When you think of it, that's pretty * for it being one of the most 'dominant' periods in your history, and extra * when you consider the dubious circumstances surrounding that 'dominance'.

19. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Their financial cheating makes all of the old club's success totally irrelevant, in my opinion. Further to that, all the extra help from the SFA and referees just adds to how little they deserved it.

The IRA likes this.
  20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye true pal .. they did the treble more than once I'm sure just not back to back..

John Collins was a lot to do with us getting results in the 90s and although we were pish him and McStay were still a formidable bug game duo.

Remember McCari getting a 2-1 there wasn't at it, but that was unbelievable think Brian O'Neil and Collins scored..

Lilac Wine likes this.