1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Favourite Nazi?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by cidermaster, Aug 21, 2017.

Discuss Your Favourite Nazi? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. clonbhoy

What!? The English even * tried it with the Highland Clearances, famine only being averted through a philanthropy that was strangely absent when Ireland had hers a year or two before.
    Kenya has already been mentioned, Australia is my personal favourite as the * are still doing it! New Zealand, the Indian removal act of Andrew Jackson in the US , Canada, Mexico, in fact most of Latin America. Another personal favourite of mine, the British genocide of the Bengalis during WW2, as Churchill let these people rot and die, a century after the Brits had done the same in Ireland, as they were a lesser people.
    The revisionism is frightening. It also wasn't just an entire people the Nazis wanted to destroy, it was peoples. People seem to forget that he wanted to rid the world of Gypsies, Slavs, Poles and Ukranians too, not to mention the gays, the prostitutes and disabled. It certainly was evil, it definitely wasn't unique.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Exactly the Holocaust is not just a Jewish genocide, and as you say it was not exactly the first mass extermination of certain people. * Stalin and Mao Zedong could teach the Nazis a thing or two even after the Holocaust.

packybhoy, johnboy19, Gabriel and 2 others like this.
  3. clonbhoy

You could go on all day about it, as you say Stalin, in particular, could have thought Hitler a thing or two. Holodomor was beyond evil. People have been trying to wipe other people, in every more evil ways, since time began. The difference with the Nazis is that humanity learned some lessons from it, of course it didn't completely end attempts to wipe out entire peoples and cultures; the Balkans, Rwanda, Middle East etc., but some lessons were learned for the first time.

Fully87 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  4. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Also if the Nazis had won the war their evil regarded the Negro as sub human and also their allies the Japs would have slaughtered many Chinese ethnic and Indian ethnic races.We can only guess at the potential scale of slaughter.

5. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I watched a documentary about Rwanda and the Belgian troops trying to help but they were swamped, I also have some books on the Yugoslav war which was totally instigated by the U.S. And NATO imo. Yes lessons were learned but all we have now is smaller genocide on a more frequent occurrence.

packybhoy and clonbhoy like this.
  6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    The Japs absolutely ran riot in China, their actions especially in Nanking were totally abhorrent.

cidermaster and clonbhoy like this.
  7. clonbhoy

Yeah, that is probably accurate. I suppose, what we can take from it, is that if humanity has learned anything from the Holocaust, it is that genocidal maniacs now have to work with smaller numbers.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  8. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    It was the British behind the Highland clearances,many a Scot took part in it,there was not much sympathy from the Lowlands for what happened in the Highlands,so it was not just an English thing.

9. clonbhoy

True, and I appreciate that. I was just trying to simplify it down to its bare bones, the reasons behind the Clearances are more complex than either of us has alluded to.

Fully87, Gyp Rosetti and cidermaster like this.
  10. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Yeh i remember that,the Belgian troops were heavily armed,but got fooled and we told if they handed over their weapons they could go free,they did so and were cut to pieces.They were under the UN.Talking of the UN,the amount of * ups they have made over the years:31:

PS Who would have thought that 'Your Favourite * Topic?' would become a serious History Lesson,cool!

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  11. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Very complex indeed pal:50:

clonbhoy likes this.
  12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    We better give it a rest before Packy gets the ban hammer out. :88:

packybhoy and cidermaster like this.
  13. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Packy loves to goose step like the rest of us.
    Allegedly. :fear:

packybhoy and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  14. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The Nazis were no different to Britain, America or Russia??? Are you having a laugh? Also, at the risk of sounding like a Daily Mail reader(which i'm certainly not), the British army defeated the Germans(under Rommel) in North Africa so maybe they weren't quite as * as you make out. The wehrmacht was certainly a fine army though, no argument there.

15. johnboy19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Billy McNeil and Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song and The Celtic Symphony
    I'm very interested in *'s, Hitler and the Third Reich. It's a fascinating period in history. I've read many books and watched many documentaries on the Third Reich. Heinrich Himmler is the man I'm most interested in.

16. mickey95

Just looked into that, knew they were involved to some degree, apparently Adolf Dasslef(Adidas) supplied information the Americans saying that Rudolf(Puma) was a member of the SS

Talking about big companies that are complicit in * War Crimes but, Bayer one of the largest pharmaceutical companies on the planet tested on live people from Austschwietz

17. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    :56:

18. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    People base the British Army being * on the fact half a million men had to be sailed across the channel (Dunkirk).
    It's easy to forget the *'s at that point had almost 3million men assaulting the Western Front.
    We sent over a sixth of that to liberate Europe.
    If course it was going to fail. We were still using WW1 era weapons and equipment.
    North Africa was mostly even numbers and we done OK there.
    We were also at war with France during the North African campaign as well which is overlooked - mainly their Navy for reasons which I cannot remember at this time. Which also took up resources.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  19. clonbhoy

To be fair to them, it would have been pretty pointless testing on dead people.

20. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I'm pretty sure the reason they never pushed on and slaughtered the French and British at Dunkirk was they felt the panzer divisions were to finely stretched so stopped to wait for the infantry. This was later called one of the biggest mistakes of the war.