1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you be happy with Arab millions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul McAuley, Feb 16, 2019.

Discuss Would you be happy with Arab millions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Too vague a question. What 'Arab Millions'? Why would they want to invest in Celtic, what are their intentions and what is the plan including end game?

If it was as simple as do you want someone coming in and spending 300 million putting a better side on the park which brings more success with no negative consequences then of course the answer would be yes.

Phillyhoopsfan likes this.
  2. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    Oh dear. I've upset you.

That was not my intention , but I was just trying to have a wee bit of banter regarding the person you "know".

However as you have chosen to attack my inability to communicate when I'm pished I do feel I have little option other than to retaliate and attack the credibility of the content of your post.

Your saying you actually know someone who is set on giving up his "right" to midweek games because he doesn't like loud music and lights.

Firstly I would like to add that if "the person you know" suffers from epilepsy or any similar affliction then I can understand and appreciate why he would want to give up their "right" to a ticket for midweek games.

Having said that I would further postulate that said "friend" may be pulling yer * as it is rather unusual for any said affliction only to affect an individual on a weekday basis.

With the afore mentioned points in mind I would propose that you have taken offence to comments I made that were simply intended as light banter. With that in mind I would subsequently suggest that you get yourself a life.

I am 50 years old. I was standing in the jungle at least 8 times a season until I was 22 years old . Your comments regarding my age are misplaced at best.

I apologise profusely if my inability to orate offends you but please understand that my intelligence lies in mathematics. To ridicule me regarding my ability to converse in a written sentence is fair enough but at certain times my ability to convey my thoughts through the English language is limited, even more so when I've been bouncing with the green brigade at an away match.

However with reference to my original comment in reponse to your post, I choose not to detract from the aforementioned reply.

If you really do have a "mate" that is willing to give up his ticket to midweek games because he doesn't like the lights, then fair play. But just try in your heart to have a little thought for those of us that have supported our great club often from afar and in many cases for many years that can't afford/get a season ticket.

The days of being able to turn up and give yer shilling to stand in the jungle are long gone and I accept that. But please understand how painful it is for some of us that can't get a ticket despite having supported our club through older and more difficult times. The arrogance that is (rightly or wrongly) portrayed is somewhat insufferable.

I hope this post is more akin to your ability to speak the English language and I do apologise for resorting to colloquialisms.

Your humble student, Seamus 1967.

Nos da seasneg sirad.

PS ge tae *.

3. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

we have got a rich billionaire in dermot desmond like others have said there just isnt the return for spunking his multi millions on celtic playing staff and if he did would we see a remarkable turn around in our fortunes in terms of performances against european teasms ? its not a gimme

these better players would be playing upto 70% of their ability against the poorer players in scotland as naturally if your playing much weaker you let your standards drop it a natural thing, we'd obviously try and mitigate that from happening but it still would

so in order for us to become better we need the league teams to become better or at the least play better football be more open instead of playing anti football against us

when i watch the spfl outwith us it seem to me all about speed and strength little in the way of technique and skills and football purism

if they played toe to toe with us i believe the technical ability of the players of these smaller teams and tactics and saleability and watchability would undoubtedly get higher and produce better players ability and tactically

but the other clubs are only concentrating on points and short termism they certainly arent out to entertain their fans or they would always be trying to play open football

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  4. duffyfaedenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    yes as our fans are turning into the prawn sandwich brigade as it is plus we would win the champions league again.

5. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The only thing I get out of that waffle is you’ve got way too much time on your hands pal.

Seems odd that someone your age, albeit still younger than me can’t understand why some people dislike many aspects of modern football....the normal response to those moans is a “well if you don’t like it don’t go then” which is exactly what he is doing so no idea what your firing at here so will just move on and let you annoy someone else in the meantime

6. Bhoyse

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    As a foreigner looking in, it would be absolutely disastrous if Celtic became the marketing mouthpiece for a foreign investor.

What draws me to the club as opposed to any of the English 'big guns' is the purity of the support. It's boring watching several businesses (ahem, clubs) try to spend their way to titles. It has been a problem since the professional leagues have become franchised here in the states, and now it is happening to the football leagues of the world.

7. Cupid Stunt

If it chases Lawell and his Tory pals like Bankier out the club I couldn't give a * who comes in.

Would rather have an Arab with billions in the bank than a stinking * Tory * anywhere near this club.

freitassen likes this.
  8. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    I wasn't indicating that I agreed with modern day football. I actually detest what has happened to our glorious game.

My point was firstly you attacking my illiteracy . Generally to do converse better when I'm not pished. At the time of writing I do believe I'd just come back from the match & pub.

Secondly, my post was directed at the idea that you have a pal that is willing to give up midweek games because of the PA system and the new lighting.

I did and still do have a problem getting my head around the idea that anyone would forfeit games because of that.

Like I said, I'd give my right arm for the ability to see Celtic anytime they play at home.

I'm sure as an older supporter you'll appreciate the joy of just being able turn up at the jungle, pay your few quid and watch
    Danny Mac cripple the opposition.

It seems you've taken my reply to your post on a personnel level. I did not mean to offend in the first instance. My response was a retaliation to your reply, as I believe I stated in the post. I simply expressed my opinion. Your response was to attack my ability to communicate in English.

Peace & love to you bud. I think there is an argument here that is uncalled for and uneccessary. Perhaps just misunderstanding on both our parts?

We are Celtic.

9. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Arab money is just a front to bring good publicity to nations that have human rights issues etc. They work on sponsoring enough big events worldwide that they blind the average punter with the bright lights. Celtic has morals, so they can take that dirty oil money, that is only earned by being lucky by geography and stick it right up there *.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
  11. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I would.
    Some for the club would be fine as well if it was used correctly.

Tim-Time 1888 and Tommy25 like this.
  12. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    A Tory would be better than some Saudi prince or Qatari state group.

Cannae believe i just started a sentence with 'A Tory would be better than'

13. Cupid Stunt

Nah * it. Bring on the Arabs.

14. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Definitely not Arab- they are basically hypocritic slavedrivers. Just get an Irish billionaire who actually wants to invest in Celtic.

15. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Like the Jewish holiday. I’ll Passover.:42:

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

About time we changed.

Mon the money men

[​IMG]

17. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
  18. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Hypocrisy abound in this thread.
    Look at Chelsea, Man City, PSG, Salzburg....SOULLESS when mountains of money came in to the club. And when I use those clubs as an example than others (say Man Utd, Barcelona), it's because they were relatively average/mid range clubs in their respective leagues.
    They aren't liked, there fans have become arrogant, it would happen here.

Club has to grow organically, whether that is through a league restructure or money coming in from broadcast in future that changes the landscape of the game as a whole up here not just for one club. That could be in 1 year or 100 years it doesn't matter.