1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

World Cup - Group C

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Markybhoy, Jun 10, 2014.

Discuss World Cup - Group C in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Markybhoy

A thread for discussion of Group C.

Group C
    Colombia
    Greece
    Ivory Coast
    Japan

2. Crispy Bacon

Fav Celtic Player:
    at present-Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Greece and Japan.

3. CelticFanGR

We have serious problems when it comes to scoring... Coach Santos plays with Salpingidis on the right wing who has awful finishing. Picked Gekas for the attack, 97 years old... and Mitroglou who hasnt touch a ball for 6 months in fulham...

Only with defensive approach, they think we can go through... I dont really think that. Maybe Samaras should have been tested in the head of the attack.

4. shendr18

this is the hardest group to judge. Think Ivory coast to win it

Greece have a strong defence and counter attack cant see them loosing many games

Japan tactically set up well and could be contenders

Columbia better set to the climate but have lost falco

5. ThisIsGhod

1.Ivory Coast
    2.Columbia
    3.Japan
    4.Greece

6. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

Columbia still have James Rodriguez, Cuadrado and Jackson Martinez. All had great seasons.

7. Big Boss Gold Member Gold Member

Colombia and Japan are going through for me.

8. Wedgelok

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson / Gary Hooper (current squad)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team To Play For / You'll Neve Walk Alone / Celtic Symphony
    Hardest group to guess something. Will go for Colombia first and Japan second.

9. C2911

Colombia will win it.

10. Nasser

Very interesting group, difficult to pick which two will come out of it. I'm going for Colombia and Japan. The Japanese have made a mistake not bringing Mike Havenaar who I think is a player they need, as they lack strength and power and he would've given then that. The Japanese are weak in defence but quick on the attack - Honda and Kagawa link up well. Colombia I think won't have Falcao in the early matches that could be their downfall but I still fancy them to win the group. I dunno Ivory Coast on paper again look so good but I do think the overall team is weaker than Japan and Colombia. Greece I don't fancy, I really hope they don't get through as they play such boring football.

11. Sonny7

Aye Colombia are the better team in this group comfortably. A can see them beating Ivory Coast who don't look as strong as they did in the last few years. They should beat the Japseye. Greece game should be a tough one as there are hard team to break down

12. Sonny7

What do you mean the early matches? Did Columbia take Falcao in hope he'll be fit for the later stages? Aye Greece are so boring to watch. Hope big Sammy has a cracking tournament though.

13. Nasser

I was mistaken, I misread an article. I thought they had taken him injured and would play him in the latter stages. Not so, he is out the World Cup:54:
    Looking at their squad they still look strong especially defensively but Falcao is a huge loss.

14. Dallas Cowbhoys

Colombia will probably come top, they've got some outstanding quality in their team. Can't remember them doing anything in World Cups though, maybe they're not a tournament team?

Fancy Greece for 2nd, Japan are too slight/weak and Ivory Coast always seem to under-perform.

15. Higgie

Colombia and hopefully Greece.

16. Moustache

Colombia will top the group, in terms of overall quality they seem to be the strongest (even without Falcao). I got them in the sweepstake so hopefully they top the group, then go all the way :icon_mrgreen:

Second place could realistically go to any of the other three. At the moment I think Japan will come second, Ivory Coast third, then Greece at the bottom.

17. Markybhoy

Greece are boring to watch. I don't mind who qualifies from this group as long as it's not them.

18. shaun.f

Columbia.

19. CELTICgirlSRB

Fav Celtic Player:
    They play for CFC just to reach the EPL. No love for CFC as deluded fans think
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Singing against English repression in English. Hahahaha, always a good laugh
    I love how people always say it. Until it brings results, who cares. It isn't against the rules.
    All of you wouldn't mind if you won the EURO while playing boring game, like Greece did.

The most difficult group to predict.

Anyway, although I think they won't be among the 1st 2 teams, always with you, Greece my love. PAME!!!

20. STLbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stiliyan Petrov, Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    This is my favorite group but I see Colombia followed by Ivory Coast. That attacking trinity of Ivory Coast is very intimidating (Yaya, Drogba, Bony) not to mention Gervinho and the experience of Kolo Toure. But then again they also have Kolo Toure. So they're definitely vulnerable.