1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

World Cup - Colombia v England - Last 16

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Marty McFly, Jun 29, 2018.

Discuss World Cup - Colombia v England - Last 16 in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I don’t think much of Sweden but even then Im confident they will put England out on Saturday.

Truth be known...England have done well to get to the quarter finals, as obnoxious as their fans are even they were saying pre World Cup they had no chance and would be quarter finals at very best, Southgate has done more than ok in my book but let’s pray that’s his limit as all this “coming home” and “1966” pish is already one boring stuck record I can more than do without hearing any more of

2. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Scottish folk that support england are the type a * that open a can n take 1 sip then put it back in the fridge.

PaulM1888, Rydo1888*, Cena and 6 others like this.
  3. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    As much as it pains to say England have .a good chance of getting to final now then its a 1 off game..Russia ..Croatia..Sweden ...

Look at other side of draw Brazil..France..Belgium..Uruguay jammy as anything.

4. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

I don't get the people who cant see why some folk think it could be done.

A side of a World Cup draw with no Holland, Italy, Germany, Brazil, Argentina, France, Belgium, Portugal, Uruguay, Spain (now). Instead they have a collective of Sweden, Russia, Croatia to get through - It's weak as *.

England should be getting past Sweden, and should for me be pushing the Croats all the way as well. Anything can happen, but this is the best chance a poor England side will have to reach a final, there's no doubt about it. No disrespect to those countries, but they are night and day compared to those aforementioned.

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  5. ynwa1987

Let’s see your bet slip then :84:

Hope they don’t win but congratulations to to all the English born hoops fans on here.

They should bear Sweden in all honestly , Croatia is a coin flip if they beat Russia.

Brazil, Belguim and France should beat them if they make the final but anything can happen in a cup final

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Croatia are far better than England, that Croatian midfield will absolutely slaughter them if it comes to that.

Markybhoy likes this.
  7. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Colombia missed James big time last night. Think he would have made the difference if he played

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

They’ve been incredibly lucky, so far..

richardm likes this.
  9. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Was well chuffed for pickford saving that. Everyones been on his back from the start questioning how * he is. Still looks a bit short for my liking, hows a 4ft guy gonna come get a corner.

10. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Two excellent saves. A clanger on Saturday would be delightful :101:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I thought that was going wide. Some save may actually be sneaking under the bar.

12. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Their opponents only have to get lucky once. England have to be lucky every match. #TiocfaidhÁrLá

Cena, JC Anton and StPauli1916 like this.
  13. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Well Parsley Phillips he gave all his winnings to charity and kicked his Telly In and got rat arsed:56: Now he has stuck £150,000 on Sweden to beat England,his exact words "* those *!!" Then Mrs Phillips took him to get a new Telly:56:

14. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Don't know about that, Denmark had Croatia on the ropes in that game, think Croatia are being overrated by a lot of people on the back of one game against Argentina. Think it would be a close game against England for them, especially as England have more quality than the Danes.

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I just can’t see Jordan Henderson getting the better of Luka Modric mate. England’s midfield is quite weak, Rakitic and Modric will put it to the sword. They don’t have somebody with the quality of Eriksen in there to counter that and give them something to worry about.

16. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    If Croatia do play England in the semis(Of course i hope Sweden kill off the Hype Monster!)But if this semi happens it would all be about which Croatia turns up because they are capable of sweeping England out the way.
    It is like we have bodyguards protecting us from this Hype Monster,the Colombia bodyguard was our weakest,next the stronger Sweden and if he loses our Champion Killer Croatia will step up and kill kill kill:56:

17. Velvet Bollok

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Agree with your first point cider, and if the Swedes show up they could also make England look bad.
    Its not impossible or even that great a challenge to reach the final though if things go Englands way, thats what feeds the Hype Monster, he's only just really come out his swamp and if he makes the final.. well better hope swedes kill off the hype monster, he gets stronger with every win.
    Ive not much faith in Henderson, Dier and the midfield players, Sterling needs to step up a gear, would like to see him play more advanced role atleast to get a goal or two.

18. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

sweden are really good at one off games traditionally and are strong mentally but there really isnt a lot of quality there, england are much better technically but they havent showed it in this tournament i dont count the panama game as they are *

i think the possiblility of chemical weapon attackers (nonsense) russia versus old imperial guards england is on the cards for the semi final, its got a fate look about it

19. borobob

Fav Celtic Player:
    Juninho
    Anyway... I am very very hungover so I will make this short.

Marie, Tim-Time 1888 and Marty McFly like this.
  20. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Hope you fall in the River Tees.

borobob likes this.