1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Brendan still be manager at the start of next season?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Jan 19, 2019.

Discuss Will Brendan still be manager at the start of next season? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Think people are reading a bit too much into his “6 month comments”. I did as well initially but the more I read into it, it seemed more he was talking about developing Weah and Burke over the next 6 months rather than him leaving.

Obviously there is a good chance he will leave with the way the board has been but it would be madness to leave before the chance of the 10 imo even despite the attitude of the board.

If we can’t even back Brendan Rodgers what chance does the next guy have? No chance.

There has to be a change at board level as they have no ambition for the club and just want to cash in so they can get big bonuses and dividends. It’s purely been run as a business rather than both.

Dermot Desmond is supposedly a Celtic fan why he is sitting back and not allowing Brendan to get money to improve the squad?
    After all he apparently played a big part in getting Brendan here.

I would be very surprised if he left at the end of the season but obviously can see why he might make that decision…

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  2. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He’s not leaving, stop believing the media and bullshit rumours he’s here for 10 In a row!

Lilac Wine and Jeannie960 like this.
  3. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    He's still young for a manager and will obviously get another crack at the PL/Abroad, but i don't see him leaving in the summer unless we lost the title. He'll want to make up for the shambles of Europe at the start of this season imo.

If he does stay on he really needs to work on his recruitment of players. Aye lawell's a *, no doubt, and he cost us signing Mcginn and Piccini (In the latters case, i'm glad we avoided tbh) but it was Rodgers who went after Kouassi, Benyu, Hendry, De vries, Gamboa, Izaguirre, Mulumbu and Hayes.

Assuming we get a RB in, this window will probably go down as Average, and we can't really afford another "average" or worse window after this.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I have no idea. However if the plan is for him to leave at the end of the season and that is the reason for these short term loans then he should have walked 20 days ago.

I hope he is here for 10 and beyond though.

5. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    When he equals the 9 sure as * … like all of us the holy grail is the 10 .

Lilac Wine likes this.
  6. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Nope.

China calling :fear:

7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He is here for Terry Munro.

There’s a * song about it you retards.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  8. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Would love him to stay...

BUT

Only on the condition that he puts an end to this rot within the squad that hes at least 50% responsible for.

After an unbeaten treble we were always gonna do less. But weve basically slid so far behind where we should be that we dicked CL football and * sevco are right up our holes domestically. No way should we be in this position, duking it out mid season against a sevco side full of half arsed loans, league one fodder and pensioners with a * trophyless rookie manager

I dont see any signs hes willing to address the issues hes helped create and whether hes fallen out with lawell, or is indeed complicit, is now moot.

He either fixes it. Or i wont be shedding a tear if he goes.

9. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Actually I think you just did. That's exactly what will happen IMO.

10. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  11. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    * like this is why I think he's going to resign at the end of the season

12. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The man has been utter class in every respect since he walked through the door, personally irrespective of what happens in the next year I genuinely don't believe he's been given the backing from the boardroom and setup he deserves or what was probably promised pre agreeing to take the helm.

We are back to all this biscuit tin economics again which has been the scourge of this clubfor devades, always someone putting the handbrake on when we are ready to make the next step, the shambles of appointing a proven muppet like Congerton and the shoddy transfer business that followed last summer is not the behaviour of a club determined to push forward, progress further in Europe and tighten our grip on 10IAR.

If and when we do get number 8 it won't be down to anything other than the players and Rodgers management, the backroom and board need overhauled and people with a Celtic mindset and realisation of the real potential of this club installed for next season

Lilac Wine and StPauli1916 like this.
  13. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

It could be taken either way really.

I hope he is just comparing the squad we have now compared to the first half of the season in terms of now having options.

His previous comments about working with Weah, Burke and Bayo over the next 6 months could also be completely innocent in that Weah and Burke are here on 6 month loan deals.

I think he will stay but that is more through hope than in the know :giggle1:

Lilac Wine and StPauli1916 like this.
  14. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    He's stated numerous times he is here for the ten. * all has changed. He has said he doesn't want to bring in a CB now because it needs to be a top drawer CB that will play every week and command high wages, which is not needed when we have Boyata and Benkovic here. There will be alot of room to bring in players in the summer once Boyata, Benkovic, Brown and Lustig (4 of the highest earners) are off the wage bill. We can use the cash at bank to fund the next phase for Brendan then . We cannot afford to add big earners to a 60 million pound wage bill right now. Nothing to do with him not planning for the future.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  15. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Has he?

The only thing I can remember - and it was in his first season - where he made any kind of indication that he'd stay for the 10 was when he said he wanted to emulate MON and Lenny in terms of how long they were at the club. MON was 5 and Lenny 4.

He also said he was very happy at the club and that he envisaged a long career in management so was in no rush to leave.

I'm hopeful that remains the case, but I'm not confident. Can easily see him resigning.

16. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Not likely. Prepare your 'Welcome to Celtic Steve Clarke' posts

17. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Never thought lenny would have left when he did....so keeping that in mind I really don't know.

Hope to * he gets backed and redeem ourselves in Europe a bit. Whether it be champions league or Europa
    Last 32 two years running is excellent but performances have been more poor than not.

If he were to leave I'd like to have a manager who shares his ideals all throughout the youth system so that we can keep producing academy players. But would be better if he were here and our board shared his vision.

18. themouth1888

This window will say it all. If we don't do anything else then I think he's away as he 100% wants to bring players in

19. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

I’d say he’s pretty much cemented his status as a club legend already mate. Unprecedented achievements that will never be equalled.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  20. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

I voted yes but I’m no 100% on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.