1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Who's at fault?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JML67, Feb 23, 2018.

Discuss Who's at fault? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Seems a lot of finger-pointing going on and lots of people taking blame for our uninspiring performance last night.

Who do you see at fault, and why?

2. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    All of the above really.

Faults can be made with the whole set up, from players not being up for it and shat themselves to tactics from the manager and recruitment from the board and the manager getting the so called players he wanted withut addressing our most problem areas.

Been a massive cluster *.

3. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    A European away game. Even with WGS and MON we couldn't win away in the CL. Problem now is we are struggling at home where before we would have got at least one win against PSG and Bayern. Anderlecht would have been a gimme

Callum McGregor likes this.
  4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ye know we pride ourselves in faithful through and through yet after every european game bar Anderlecht Away and last week the finger pointing comes out, the threads like this are like buses, dont see any for ages then they appear in bulk.

Yes granted we have been skeplt in europe this season bar 2 games. Inquest into who is too blame, how about we keep this sort of thread for end of may when the competition that is most important too us is done the SPFL Premiership, if we fail to win that then we can start the inquests!

Grimm likes this.
  5. paulf

Fav Celtic Player:
    current: Sinclair / old skool: Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of athenry
    Mate, I think 80% of the blame lies at the board. the lack of investment in the team is absolutely shocking. I know we don't need 15-20 Millions pound players to win the league, but i think our ambition should be raised to Europe. I get the impression the board are happy for qualification only and then lets see where it takes us, gather the money and sit on it. Even if they were to fork out 30 mill in one season, they could reap the benefits of that very quickly, we are not going to go out of business spending that kind off money on the playing staff, we made 7.5 Million for Van Dijk, that money should have been immediately available to rogers to get in a quality CB in the first instance.

6. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

Part in bold, we signed a player who was cup tied and the wrong side of 30 and then paid 1 million more than we should for a 22 year old who is miles behind Ajer and he is 19, also for me Hendry is our 5th choice centre half.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  7. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    The board are the big issue for me we can and should be spending more.

8. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    A mixture of all 3.
    The board for their lack of spending, we have £30 million sitting in the bank and refuse to spend it.
    Rodgers for failing to address GK and RB positions and signing a cup tied CB.
    And the players who have to take responsibility for the 3 avoidable goals and lacklustre performance.

9. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Got to blame the Tin Man & the Cowardly Lion.. they obviously took all the heart and all the courage before majority of our players got their share

oh,, and that * knuckle ball... why are those ruskies allowed to use a different football in a major tournament?

celticfan01 likes this.
  10. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    All of the above imo you can point the finger at everyone from board to coaches to players they've all been at fault whether its by not investing significantly as per usual when we're in a great position, Rodgers stubbornness with his tactics and certain players and then the basic errors by players on the pitch such as last night.

And if the rumours are true that the board are putting up season ticket prices again then they can go * themselves.

11. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    If we somehow fail to win the SPL after the way this season has went, it would be more than an inquest...

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

All of them.

Biscuit tin again in January. Rodgers sticking with the same players who let us down. The players being mentally weak as *.

13. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

All of above, and not just for Zenit away, but for 90% of our failings over the past two seasons.

Rodgers naive in Europe. Underperforming players. Individual mistakes. Below par performances. Paltry investment in playing squad.

This is Celtic in 2018, Celtic since 2008.

14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Bertie,

The board have £30m sitting there as cash and another £6.65m as an overdraft, i mentioned the £24m sitting there in the interims last season and was told i was talking *, since i took the time to dissect it more a lot have people have now noticed it.

bhoy81 likes this.
  15. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    I'm not sure what your getting at mate?

16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    You where saying there is £30m sitting at bank cash, it is actually £36.65m by time you add in the overdraft, of the £30m cash - £24m of that cash has been sitting in the accounts since December 2016.

Bertie Cauld likes this.
  17. shaun.f

aye the board are taking the *. rogers should not be saying the players hes got are good enough. the defence needs big money spent on it.

18. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    Right i get you now, then add £7.5 million VVD money as well.
    All that money and we bring in a backup goalkeeper on loan from Dundee, it's embarrassing.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  19. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye the £7.5m minimum wasn’t included in the accounts neither is the TV pool money from UCl nor the payments for the 2 legs against zenit nor ticket sales nor the pitiful amount of domestic TV money plus a few home Scottish cup games! The money will keep going up and up!

Bertie Cauld likes this.
  20. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    So basically we could buy the full of Scottish football with what will have in our bank at the end of the season.
    Least were getting a hotel.