1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Who would be your replacement for Ronny?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by _DannyBhoy_, Jan 31, 2016.

Discuss Who would be your replacement for Ronny? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the last rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson Or Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll Of Hounor
    Al go for moyes malky * ad even take walter smith of he would do it :56:

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Available after getting the sack at Reading. Aye, let's get him.

3. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Our board is not going to get rid of the cheap option and yes man.

4. liammcdowell

Where the climate is raw and the gun makes the law
    Fav Celtic Player:
    KT63

The list you've given is the sort of guys we'll end up with. A Scottish known quantity, a total no ambition appointment. I don't agree with MON because we aren't going to throw cash at a manager and MON is a spender.

Truthfully I don't know who I would want, but there isn't anyone working in Scotland or any 'Celtic Minded' guys working abroad I would even consider. I would be looking for someone in the same mould as Ronny tbh, successful in a smaller league, ideally an older guy who's been around a bit like Wim Jansen or Jo Venglos

5. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Lambo, Larsson, Sutton, Nakamura, Rogic, Virgil, Dembele, Turnbull, Jota & Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG, Grace, Celtic Symphony, Orchestrated Sonic Attack
    Get threads like this to absolute *. Honestly, lads.

6. Minimalist

Guddeti, Bitton, Denyar, Paddy Roberts, Boyata and the Dudu Duhan alternative is at our disposal, if you don't want to admit thats whats representing on the Park then you're delusional.

Can't wait until some in here will tell me our signing policy has nothing to do with the players we have :smiley-laughing002:

7. Jonybhoy

We got fukd today deal with it ffs

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Guidetti, Boyata, Roberts, why do you think we are getting these players? Because we have a solid connection down there with a guy who has a large hand in their youth development.

Same as why we sign players like Wanyama, Bitton, Kayal, etc - the Dudu Dasan agent.

Combine that with us signing the 'best of the rest' in scotland and large questions need asked of our scout team and our signing policy, more so who is doing it? All signs point to the manager (past ones as well) having very little say in the individuals being brought in.

Ronny needs backed properly, his own STAFF and his own PLAYERS to see what he is really made of, before we go sacking him and bringing in another no mark Scottish talent.

Think it is going to be any different with Jackie Mac at the helm? Or Stubbs?

If we HAVE to seek out a new manager, I want us to go down a similar route to that of Deila, but one with a little more experience/less cheap and snap up Phillip Cocu. But that won't happen, and even he will still be subjected to the same signing policy as we have had to endure for the past 7 years now.

9. Minimalist

Yeap.

I think were building a side to compete with Sevco rather than reasserting Domestic success and retaining Champions League particiption while some deliberately go out their way to not point at our own architecture.

Its all superficial anyway, League title will be won and the denial about Europe will be on overload.

10. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Stubbs, lambert, Larson, Hartley, strachan, Hughes. Would take any of them. Id take Sutton (as part of a 2) over Ronny.
    We won't get any of them though. We're stuck with this imposter.

11. liammcdowell

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT63

Can you explain this point mate? Dudu Duhan is a name I see around here from time to time, he's an agent isn't he? What's the man city connection you're making? (Or is it Ronny's City connection you're talking about)

12. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Listen mate, I would like to point out that I am not saying that Ronny should go. I just wanted to see if all these people saying he should go had a realistic replacement lined up that could come straight in and make a difference.

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Deila got a few City players on loan at Stromsgodset when he was managing there.

Getting players from them on loan is * all to do with Mark Lawwell.

14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

We are getting them because Ronny has a good relationship with City. It's got * all to do with the fact they have a guy related to our chief executive.

15. Minimalist

And Lennon stated that Deila was part of the City circle and he was going to be assistant. No doubt you'll refuse to admit that into your conciousness and deny the reality that Mark Lawwell is interwinded with our signing policy, its incredible denial.

16. liammcdowell

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT63

This is the last thing we need. Stubbs has done nothing as a manager, neither had Hartley, Strachan is going nowhere, Hughes isn't near the level we need, and Sutton is the most depressing suggestion of all, he lasted something like 6 months in his one lower league managerial appointment I think? * that.

We need to look at someone foreign with no Celtic connection, there is a big world out there

17. Minimalist

Lawwells speedial contact, got us Ambrose (and yeap Lennon doesn't get HIS signings), Kayal, Balde and many others.

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Don't know what that means.

Mark Lawwell is not the reason why we are getting City players on loan.

19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It has everything to do with Mark Lawwell and Peter.

That connection is what has brought Deila to our attention, as all the signings as well. It is plain as day that our signing policy is dictated by PL rather than RD.

20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    If I am correct, RD went to City (and other clubs like Dortmund) for personal training in his own development. From there ML linked him to us to be NL assistant after Mjalby left.

Our connection to Man City is down to the Lawwell connection, and that is how we got our current manager and a large percentage of our players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.