1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is the best P4P Boxer in the World right now?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by PaulM1888, Dec 2, 2016.

Discuss Who is the best P4P Boxer in the World right now? in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Simple question, in your opinion, who takes it?

Can give reasons if you wish and also alternative suggestions if your fighter isn't on the list.

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
  3. Minimalist

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    GGG and Ward are the 2 standouts from that list for me..

Both fighter's who will fight anyone, and jump up weight's to do it to be the best. Fighter's who most don't even want to get in a ring with and absolute master's in the ring..

Ward absolutely deserves to be right up there for even going 12 rounds with Kovalev (the supposed biggest pound for pound puncher in his weight division), and completely dominating super middleweight..

Still though, I can't look past triple G. Devastating power, pound for pound the best on the planet for me. Never looks rocked, cuts off the ring like the G he is, and always finds a way of punishing his opponent no matter how long the fight goes..

Canelo swerved him massively and it's these kinda fights that will really cement triple G's legacy and give him the ultimate credit, but Canelo for that reason, I wouldn't even list..

Lomachenko could really be the one soon. Think Lomachenko will beat Crawford if that fight can be made..

Thurman could be another added to the list if he smashes Danny Garcia, which I think he would beat..

Triple G as we stand right now..

Swervedancer likes this.
  5. Swervedancer Guest

Aye I think Golovkin is going to win this poll quite easily. I've not seen anything like him, he is pure relentless.

Really winds me up that Canelo dodged him using some daft excuse. Thought he was supposed to be tough too.

That Lomachenko you mentioned, I heard he was something special. Pity he doesn't have a fight arranged.

6. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He fought 6 days ago mate! Rigo has been calling him out after his win.

Swervedancer likes this.
  7. Swervedancer Guest

Oh * can't believe I missed that. I was going to look out for him too. I bet it was a good fight too? Guess I'll have to wait a while.

Oh who is Rigo? At least Lomachenko has someone wanting to fight him!

8. This Charming Man

I want to say Golovkin but it's hard to say because all the greatest contemporaries are avoiding him. Where would Golovkin rank in the all time greatest with his current record? It's hard to put him top 10 because the ones brave enough to step in the ring with him aren't really those who are considered the best in his division though I do believe he has the potential to be top 10 of all time.

I refuse to put people like Greb and those of that era in my top 10 when there is virtually no or little footage of them. Such a * reach from boxing experts in my opinion.

If Golovkin fought in the 60s/70s/80s we'd know just how talented he is but modern boxing doesn't require the best to fight the best. In my opinion Kovalev went out last week and beat one of the best fighters of this generation in Andre Ward, so for me he's P4P the best fighter in the world.

Lomachenko looks promising but he's got a lot of fighting to do before he's considered the best in my opinion.

Swervedancer likes this.
  9. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    GGG for me by quite a bit imo.

10. Bunk Moreland

To be honest I didn't know any of them on that list. A far cry from the days of Holyfield, Tyson, Lewis, Eubank, Benn, De La Hoya, Morales, Gatti etc.

Seosamh Máirtín likes this.
  11. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Carl Frampton

12. Nasser

I would begrudgingly say Andre Ward at the moment even though I think he lost to Kovalev. Lomachenko, GGG and maybe even Oleksandr Usyk will probably be up there when they move up weight class (if they move up that is) in the next year or so to take that mantle. Frampton and Rigondeaux and Romain Gonzalez are good shouts as well but anything below featherweight the midget weight classes is hard to get excited about. I give more credit to fighters that have moved up weight class and have had success moving to a different weight class than someone that dominates one weight class but it's all subjective so no right or wrong opinion.

Bunk Moreland likes this.
  13. superleigh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Eubank Jr would win against triple G imo

14. Nasser

It would be a very good fight. Eubank Jnr may not be as skilled as Brook but he has a better chin like his old man did and has a lot of power. I think GGG would outbox him and win on points but I don't see Eubank Jnr getting Koed. GGG is very clever though he would change his tactics against Eubank Jnr like he did against Lemieux where he totally outboxed him. I don't see them fighting anytime soon though as no one wants to do business with the Eubanks as they * around too much during negotiations.

15. superleigh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony

True junior needs to get his dad to *

still fancy Eubank to do him but if they fight. Probably by ok aswell

16. This Charming Man

Triple G would have great fights with the likes of Hagler and Hopkins and I've give him the victory over Eubank, Benn and De La Hoya at middleweight. The guy is an animal.

17. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Ward.

His wins over Kessler, Froch and Kovalev are more impressive than any wins GGG has on his record. Also, GGG would maul Eubank Jr imo, boxing is all about levels and Eubank has never been in the ring with anyone close to GGG's level, whereas GGG has ran through guys who would give Eubank extremely tough fights, if not beat him.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Triple G would annihilate Eubank Jnr and the Eubank's know/knew it...Therefore pulling out the fight after talking non stop pish about how they knew the way to beat Golovkin...lol..

This is a guy who was nervous at time's and also rocked once or twice off of Spike Sullivan before the inevitable difference in class told for most of the bout..

A guy beaten off a very mediocre world champion in BJS..

Come off it..

Gyp Rosetti and King of Kings like this.
  19. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Win against him at what? You surely can't be talking about boxing? Eubank jnr is a mug.

20. Pacific Ocean Blue