1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Sinclair!

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by TicFan88, Aug 6, 2016.

Discuss Scott Sinclair! in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    He's going to run amok on the 30th.

These * are going to have to sit there, watch it and take it like *.

JC Anton and monkeynuts like this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Blatantly sing that on the regs as whenever 1 starts they all seem to tune in perfectly..

Arseholes..

I don't mind if he saves his self to the 30th and has stinkers every week if it means banging in a hattrick that murders them..

AJ Styles likes this.
  3. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Ill * if he scores at the lisbon lions end and runs towards them revealing a love celtic hate rascism tee shirt under his top , on the 30th

4. BroxBhoy94

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson/Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ONE NEIL LENNON
    BR said in the aftermath of the 5-1 game at Ibrox it was the first time Sinclair had encountered racism in football, so sadly it's even more of an indictment on some people in this country that Sinclair hadn't even had to deal with this problem before when he was playing in England.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  6. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Let’s be honest. He has been out of form and up until the goals had been off it.

Over the moon for him to get the goals, he so badly needed a boost

7. Murph-E

Denied a legit hattrick here.

8. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Would have been unreal if he had scored that last-minute chance for his hat-trick. Was a terrible shot in all honesty.

Still pleased he got 2 in the game though.

9. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Last season he would have buried that no question.

10. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Could, and should have scored at least 4 today.

11. Aidan O’Shea

Only just seen that racist video. * vile.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR on @Scotty_Sinclair: "He was very good, particularly in the second half. He had to be patient in the game, but he is such a great player to have. He is quick, dynamic and always a threat."

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SS: “It was end-to-end. When we went 2-0 up I thought we had the game in control and we sort of threw it away I think.”

SS: “I thought we would win the game when we were two goals ahead and I thought we would win the game comfortably. When we conceded two goals we threw it away and it felt like a loss.”

SS: “I’m always reacting. When we get shots off the gaffer always wants the front three to get forward and react if it comes off the keeper or the post and that’s what I did to score."

SS: “I go into every game full of confidence so I’m always confident of scoring goals and play as well as I can.”

SS: “I think for everyone who plays against us it’s like their cup final. I think they want to be the first to beat us and they make it that little bit harder to play.”

SS: “For us we just need to concentrating on what we’re doing and do as well as we can. Everyone who comes up against us is wanting to be the first to beat us.”

14. Shane1888

He needed those goals today for his confidence, not quite been the same threat we saw last season.

I have faith in him though, he's still a great player.

I'll echo others too and say he should have at least 3 goals today, didn't look offside.

15. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Much better second half, if he'd hit the one at the end like he'd hit his disallowed goal we'd have won it.

16. horseshoe

He just seems really hesitant all the time compared to last season, stopping taking too many touches then passing it back/inside instead of taking defenders on at speed, hopefully the goals give him some confidence.

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Scott Sinclair has insisted that there has been no question mark over his performances this season – since his stats are better this term than they were at this stage last year.

The English winger netted a brace at Easter Road yesterday afternoon to take his tally to 14 for the campaign to date - four better than where he was this time a year ago.

“I have been doubled up upon,” said Sinclair. “Players around me are always going to try that much harder and I have had two or three players around me.

“But if you are judging me on stats then I have scored 14 goals this season already. At a similar stage last season I think I was on 10.

“So I have to be pleased with that.

“It is not always easy. Every game is hard because everyone wants to beat us and to stop the run.”

Sinclair admitted, however, that the manner in which Celtic allowed a 2-0 lead to unravel at Easter Road yesterday afternoon means that the Hoops players left the capital feeling as though they had lost the game.

“We controlled the game and were so comfortable,” said Sinclair. “We had so many chances that we should have put away so it did feel like we threw the game away.

“The main thing is that we don’t dwell on it. We have to draw a line under it pretty quickly because we have another game on Wednesday and we want to go into that one in a positive frame of mind.

“It is good for us that we were able to keep the run going but there was definitely some frustration on our part because we felt that we could and should have taken all three points. “

Sinclair was heavily criticised a few weeks back when he won a penalty against Motherwell in the Betfred League Cup final.

And he believes he could have had another yesterday after he was tugged back by Steven Whittaker while the scoreline was still 0-0.

Referee John Beaton told Sinclair after yesterday’s game that he did well to stay on his feet, prompting perhaps another discussion about whether or not these calls ought to be given regardless of whether a player goes down or not.

“The ref actually said to me, ‘well done for staying on your feet’” said Sinclair. “If I can get a shot off, I’ll always stay on my feet. That’s how it went.

“I wasn’t thinking about it. [the cup final incident]. I forget all about the last few games and was just concentrating on today.

“I managed to get my shot off, and that was that.”

Meanwhile, Sinclair believes that having the Europa League to focus on after the winter break will give Celtic a lift, with the Parkhead side discovering their fate in the lunchtime draw today.

“It definitely gives us something to look forward to,” he said. “European football is always great to have. It really gives something else to your season and it will be a good focus for us.”

18. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    If Scott Sinclair was a new signing making his debut today, we would have been impressed. The man has been an integral part of one of the best runs in our history. We need to take a step back and cut him some slack. He has not been at his best but is still winning us vital points.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    Blochairnbhoy and JC Anton like this.
  19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Hes qaulity. 2 goals, a 3rd offside. Cant really ask for more.

20. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I didnt realise he was only on 10 this time last year, would be interesting to see how many games he played last year by this time also but i am sure he was out for a month with a pulled hammy too, i think its because we know how good he is we are on his back a little bit, still needs a rest imo get them all away to Dubai again in January and let them rest.