1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Sinclair!

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by TicFan88, Aug 6, 2016.

Discuss Scott Sinclair! in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Need a LW to challenge him.

He's played 76 games in 18 months for us after never playing that consistently for years. Definitely jaded.

2. Cmcgregor90

Tell me how im wrong

3. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

He’s still our top scorer this season. He hasn’t been awful. Needs a rest yes. I’m sure he will bounce back
    3845478A-A7FA-463C-8C36-212F018C6E40.png

4. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Maybe why he’s so jaded:52:
    Doubt a few racist shouts from idiotic huns have had any effect on him whatsoever.

5. PEI#1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Like someone else said, it's all about confidence for his game to hit the heights of last season and he's undoubtedly suffering from a lack of that.

He's making his runs less frequently and with defenders doubling up and showing him down the line rather than letting him move inside, this seems to have him looking a lot less dynamic.

He's on 12 goals playing poorly though so lets hope he gets whatever fixes his dip in form because he's a great player and we're a better team because of the things he can do.

6. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

it’s a strange one he’s had a lot more bad games than good. Even some of the games he scored he was pretty * overall.

7. Mr. Slippyfist

There's an old thought in fitba that sometimes players can go through the dreaded "2nd season curse".

Think Sinky is definitely having one of these, definitely needs some sort of motivation - be that a rocket up the *, or an arm around his shouler.....I dunno.

Either way, he better get his finger out and start doing what he's paid to do up here.

8. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Most of his goals came in the first couple of months of the season when we were going through the qualifiers he's been mostly * since the stats may say he's top scorer but all our other attacking players have been out injured or on the bench at some point this season while he's been a constant presence in the side so it's not as simple as pointing to a statistic to show he's had a good season. Hopefully the break in January allows him to come back firing in the second half of the season.

9. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

Player of the year curse

10. Cupid Stunt

There we go.

11. Cmcgregor90

Aw aye that told me ... In the league my point was about Europe

12. Cupid Stunt

'Total journey man.' Aye that screams out that you're referring only to Europe. What you said was total hyperbolic pish. Everyone can see that he's not at his best, I've even said he looks like he needs a rest,you're the only one hitting out with ridiculous insults aimed at one of our best players over the past 18 months.

13. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Sinclair is found out a bit when up against top defenders with pace. Obviously too good domestically but needs competition in Europe.

14. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Well you must not have watched much domestic games this season because he has been poor most of them aswell.

15. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I've watched him being a match winner in these games this season as well.

16. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Scoring goals to paper over some poor performances, what games has Sinclair been a match winner this season. It’s a team game in which Sinclair is one of our top stars but isn’t hitting the heights of last season, he has no main competition for his position and looks * right now.

17. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Dundee at Dens sticks out! He changes games in our favour regularly.

18. Cupid Stunt

I think the criticism of him is slightly harsh on here to be honest. The guy is playing in one the more physical leagues there are, he's been kicked up in the air for 18 months and barely missed a game in that time. He is also being doubled up on just about every week which is one of the main reasons I believe Forrest is looking so good as he is being allowed a lot more space to run in to at times.

The other problem Sinclair has is so many of the balls played in to him by Tierney or whoever are in to his feet so he has to hold the ball up and either play it back or do something special, he needs the ball played in front of him so he has something to run on to and then he has to momentum to run at defenders. We aren't playing to his strengths a lot of the time. The movement in the midfield is also non existent, you can see when the defenders bring it out they are lost for options and that drags him inside or forces him to take the ball in to feet with his back to goal as well. Think people are overlooking so many of the reasons why his performances have dropped because he isn't doing something magical every other week.

19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Did he win us that game as you claimed, plus you said “these” games. At no point this season has he single handedly won us a game, where as last season he was doing so even as early as the first game of the season.

20. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Admittedly like many players, their second season's form can dip. He'll come good again though I'm sure domestically and still a key player. All opinions of course.

The IRA and Gyp Rosetti like this.