1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Bain

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Blochairnbhoy, Jan 31, 2018.

Discuss Scott Bain in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Chris Sutton made it sound the other day like he did. I thought it was part of the deal with Murray.

2. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Yeah, that's what got me thinking. Sutton definitely suggested that happened..

3. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Surely it's got to be a no brainer to bring Scott in on a permy? Handled the Monkey House and once again made a good account of himself.

Tommy25 likes this.
  4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Probably called him a * turncoat * at training everyday. McCann no Allan..

charlietully likes this.
  5. PEI#1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    This young keeper is definitely worth a deal as far as I'm concerned....he's played well and shows good shot stopping/cross ball abilities and did very well over the last two games....well done to him.

Tommy25 likes this.
  6. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Another all round solid display from him again.

If that was Dorus in goal for that Motherwell free kick he would have flapped it into the back of the net and called it another ‘knuckle ball’.

Tommy25 likes this.
  7. joemc

Seems very clean taking the ball ,not seen him spill yet ,launches very quick attacks tacking and releasing,makes me feel comfortable for some reason and that must be a good thing .

Tommy25 likes this.
  8. dmac

Did what he had to today there were a few shots that we're straight at him nothing to really trouble him

Tommy25 likes this.
  9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Aye was nothiing too difficult but it was possibly the most saves a Celtic keeper has had to make in the League all season, felt like he had to make about 8-10 saves, a lot of games even last week our keepers never really have to make much saves and are lucky if they touch 5 shots with their hands.

Tommy25 likes this.
  10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He was well over worked for my liking first half..

No the most difficult apart from that header maybe but this was Motherwell, no Bayern and they had a spell where it felt relentless..

Tommy25 likes this.
  11. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    I liked the way he came out and collected the ball from crosses, something Gordon rarely does well.

freitassen and Tommy25 like this.
  12. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    This is what I was wondering about because most of the fans of other clubs especially Dundee wallopers say he is dug * at crosses but a great shot stopper..looks decent enough so far

Bertie Cauld likes this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

MOVING to a big club like Celtic comes with a great deal of pressure, particularly for a goalkeeper who knows there is no room for error in anything they do during a game.

But Scott Bain has taken all that in his stride and insists training with the Scottish champions each day is the best preparation for any challenge he’ll face in a game situation.

“I feel comfortable at this football club and the boys have made me feel really comfortable since I’ve come here,” he said in this week’s Celtic View. “That obviously helps straight away that you can be yourself and you can enjoy training every day, and you know the lads are confident in your ability and that you’re fully confident in theirs.

“Just being around the place and training every day to that standard makes the game a bit easier. The training here so intense and to such a high standard that it more than prepares you for the games.”

The keeper has been at six clubs now in his football career but it terms of debuts, the game against Rangers is without doubt his favourite.

Hoops fans were delighted with the 26-year-old’s performance and the hugely important saves he made in the game, but Bain isn’t resting on his laurels and is adamant that he is capable of more between the sticks.

“It’s definitely my best debut,” he said. “Maybe not in terms of playing-wise because I’ve definitely played better in terms of games but I thought with the size of the occasion and the result, it was great.

“In those kinds of situations, you can sink or swim really. For that to be my first game, I thought I handled the occasion well and I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed the game and felt comfortable in it. The way we won the game made it a debut that is going to stay with me.

“It’s one I’ll look back on and think what an incredible win. The game had everything with the goals we scored, conceding a goal so early and getting a man sent off. It was good to be able to contribute and to be a part of it.”

Lilac Wine likes this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SB: "I enjoyed having a few days off. I'm back feeling really good and raring to go. I've enjoyed the fact that I’m here and I’m at this great club but I never really thought about things too much, I just enjoyed the time off

SB: "I would love to be here. I’ve loved every minute of being at this club and the fans have been fantastic with me. Here I can reach my potential with the staff and the players I train with every day."

SB: "It’s been such a strange season for me being out of games for a long time and not expecting to play. I would like it to be here as this club has got everything for me to improve."

SB: "Working with the manager in terms of playing with the ball at my feet and having confidence and enjoying football again. I think I’ve improved and my performances have been quite high considering I hadn’t played games in so long, so it’s only going to get better."

SB: "I think being here has definitely given me an opportunity to be thought about for Scotland squad. But it’s not something that’s on my mind all the time, I’m just enjoying being here."

SB: "I’d love to stay here and if I continue to play well then it stands me in good stead. Rather to get it done sooner than later but it’s not a priority right now, it’s just a priority to play well and do well for this club."

Crilly likes this.
  15. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Really like this lad. Good performances so far and a good attitude. Squad looks really promising right now

McChiellini.. likes this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR on @ScottBain_: "He’s come in and been fabulous really. Being thrown into the game he was thrown in, told you everything about his personality. Motherwell as well, he looked very competent."

17. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Bain would be worth giving a contract , Punt Devries and go with Bain and Gordon next season to battle it out for the jersey as Gordon has not had any competition from Devries.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

HAVING enjoyed consecutive games in the Celtic first-team, the break in domestic action for international football wasn’t an altogether welcome one for Scott Bain.

The goalkeeper, on loan from Dundee until the end of this season, found himself thrust into the limelight when he made his debut in the recent 3-2 derby victory over Rangers at Ibrox. And he followed that up with a clean sheet in a 0-0 draw against Motherwell at Fir Park.

Now he’s ready to face Ross County this Saturday should he selected, something which would represent his first competitive appearance at Paradise as a Celt.

And given that he won’t be available for next Wednesday’s game against his parent club, Dundee, the 26-year-old is keen to be involved at the weekend.

Speaking at Lennoxtown today, the Celtic goalkeeper said: “I’m just taking it a game at time. I’m trying to build on the Rangers and Motherwell games and trying to enjoy this run in the team.

“I’ve loved every minute of being at this club and the fans have been fantastic with me. Here, I can reach my potential with the staff and the players I train with every day.

“I don’t even know if it’s just about playing games here. Even just training every day, working with people like Craigy, Woodsy and Dorus is great. I’ve played so many games in my career but now I'm looking to go next level. Games are obviously important but being around the place is so important.”

While Bain is at Celtic until the end of this season, he doesn’t yet know where his future beyond that will be. Ideally, he would like to remain at the Scottish champions but he’s taking nothing for granted.

“Because of the age I am, it’s going to be a big move for me in terms of my career,” he said. “I would like it to be here as this club has got everything for me to improve.

“It’s been such a strange season for me being out of games for a long time and not expecting to play and just be a sub goalkeeper and try and get a contract through training. I’ve just been thinking of the games I’ve played in and I’ve really enjoying them.

“Working with the manager has been great in terms of playing with the ball at my feet and having confidence and enjoying football again. I think I’ve improved and my performances have been quite high considering I hadn’t played games in so long, so it’s only going to get better.

“It’s all about just building on the game before. I think if I can build on those games and continue to do well, then I don’t see why I wouldn’t continue to play.

“Like I said, I'd love to stay here and if I continue to play well then, hopefully, it stands me in good stead. It’s obviously something I’d like to get done sooner rather than later but it’s not a priority right now. It’s just a priority to play well and do well for this club.”

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Think it's a cert that he will be signed, and on a free, why not? Brendan has made it clear he wants a nucleus of Scots, Bain fits the bill.

DDV has to be done at the club, turned out to be a really bad signing. Doesn't make sense after coming off a great POTY season at Forest, but it just hasn't worked.

Bain a good, cheaper option as our #2.

Tommy25 likes this.