1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Rivaldo Coetzee

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Thumb, Aug 21, 2017.

Discuss Rivaldo Coetzee in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murph-E

You're starting at the weekend son, welcome aboard.

2. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    I can confirm. I'm 5'9 and I'm as good as Cannavaro.

3. Murph-E

Says 179cm, that not 5'11"?

So * anyway, being obsessed with how tall he is sounds like something some * Scottish national youth team coach would blab on about.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic new boy Rivaldo Coetzee insists it's a dream to join the Parkhead side and he can't wait to make his Champions League bow.

The Hoops made an £800,000 swoop to land the Ajax Cape Town ace this week and the 20-year-old admits he's hugely flattered to join Brendan Rodgers' all-conquering side.

And he's determined to make a big impact in the Group Stages of Europe's premier stage.

He said: 'I'm over the moon. It's something that I've always worked towards since I joined Ajax and now it's happened. I think that it's the right time and the right club.

'I met with the Celtic scout, and he showed me some videos about the club, supporters and facilities. I think it's the best option because the coach believes in youngsters and the type of football they play, coming out of the back, suits me nicely.

'For me to come from where I come from and have the chance on that stage...it's amazing. I don't think that I need to work on anything physically, I think my body is right the way it is. It's not about being physical, sometimes you need to be a bit more aggressive but I'm not really that kind of player.

'I'm just going to go there and play my football, that's why they've signed me. The manager will advise me on what I need to work on.

'When my agent, Michael Makaab told me that Celtic was interested and I knew that Brendan Rodgers was the manager, I couldn't believe it.

'It's every footballer's dream to play in the Champions League, and I have the opportunity to do that now. It's up to me to make full use of it.' And even the Scottish weather won't put him off.

He added: 'Obviously, I knew that the day will come when I would need to leave my comfort zone.

'With the weather and the way they live in Scotland, I just need to adapt to that and remember why I'm doing it. I'm doing this for my family, so the weather won't affect me, even if there's just two sunny days a year! I want to adapt quickly and try and get in the team quickly.

'Hopefully, the move is good for me and for the national team if I keep getting future call-ups. It's for all those that believed in me. It's my time to pay them back now, and show that they didn't make a mistake in helping me get this far.'

Crilly likes this.
  5. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    He wont even be signed in time grouch

6. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Wanyama, Hartson, Balde, Petrov, Lennon, Commons, Boruc, Brown, Van Dyk.
    He should get a work permit no problem with his international appearances?

7. CrSBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    What a refreshing interview, really wants to be here and make something of it and not talking anything about us as a stepping stone. Really hope he makes a name for himself here.

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Don't know much about this guy but can't wait to see him play.

seems to have a good attitude.

9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    He has been bought with the regard of partnering with a big centre half like simunovic boyata or ajer in the future

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

10. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Seen a few clips (yeah, i know, anybody can look good on youtube)

Really like the look of him, just hope he arrives fit and ready to play. We are having a bad run of injuries at the moment but lets hope that is us for the season - onwards & upwards

Last night in the 2nd half shows that we need players like him

11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

“It's an incredible opportunity for Riva to kick-start his career in Europe, and we have no doubt that he will rise to the challenge as he always does. Celtic are excited to have him and we are hoping that in the coming week, once certain formalities are out of the way, the boy will be in Scotland starting his new chapter.

"Both parties are happy with the personal terms, we have agreed to a three-year deal plus a one-year option."

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

The 20-year-old is expected to finalise his move to Brendan Rodgers’ side from Ajax Cape Town in the coming week, subject to a medical and obtaining a Scottish work permit.
    Coetzee and his new head coach have both discussed the move so far, stating their happiness at the deal, and his agency, Prosport International, has also explained that they have high hopes for the Bafana Bafana international.
    Michael Makaab Jnr spoke to the Siya crew this week about the upcoming transfer, also confirming the length of the contract that Coetzee will be signing at the club.

http://www.soccerladuma.co.za/news/...greed-a-long-term-contract-with-celtic/278000

13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Thank * for that last sentence there, was reading that interview and started to get the feeling he was going to come here thinking he has already made it/he doesn't need to do anything.
    Which is a nice bit of confidence, but in moderation. Glad he mentioned the part about Rodgers, then about doing what the manager advises him though. Confident young lad in his abilities, but respects that others will guide him to improve.

14. shieldsybhoy

I'm 179cm. Its 5''10.5

Funnily enough I also played centre half through school and uni. But I've been that height since I was about 10 years old.

Look at KT - comfortably plays centre half and he's shorter than 5''10.

Kolo is also 5''10 - one of the better centre halves in Europe over the last decade and a bit.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  15. markeyboy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Buzzing and loving life as a Celtic fan. Not only do we have a team that is playing excellent football now - Rodgers is looking at the future and we've got the likes of Ajer (I know BR didnt sign him) Benyu, Rivaldo to look forward to. Rodgers is putting a legacy in place buying for both now AND the future.

We've even got that wonder kid K Demele too.

All is looking really good at the moment. Just need to announce Robert's and....Well that would top it off.

Tommy25, Mystic Penguin, jpb and 2 others like this.
  16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    And thats not even mentioning Ntcham!0

markeyboy likes this.
  17. Mr. Slippyfist

*, Javier Masherano is only about 5' 8 and was one of the best CB's in football for a while. Puyol 5' 10, Cannavaro 5' 9, Bobby Moore 5' 10.

I prefer my CB's to be big black monsters, but don't really give a * if they're performing well.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    If he reads the game well and knows how to play to his strengths we have no need to worry. Jozo/Boyata alongside will compliment him, you'd think.

19. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Always better when theyre black, just have to look at balde then majstorovic to confirm that

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.