1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Rivaldo Coetzee

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Thumb, Aug 21, 2017.

Discuss Rivaldo Coetzee in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Someones got confused :56:

2. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
  3. Murph-E

Ha ohhh I thought he meant the story hasn't been broken by Celtic because it came out so late last night and he was assuming SA time was a fair bit behind/ahead.

Random Review likes this.
  4. BelfastCelt88

His height won't bother me.

Fabio Cannavaro - 5ft 9
    Carles Puyol - 5ft 10
    Franco Baresi - 5ft 9
    Ronald Koeman - 5ft 11
    Franz Beckenbaeur - 5ft 11

Rivaldo Coetzee - 5ft 10

5. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Between Sth Africa and UK? No, it's only about an hour or so. Not like it is Australia or something.

6. celtic warrior

* those waster *, it's about KOLO, 5ft 10.

Rumour has it though that is just his * measurements.

freitassen likes this.
  7. James Gold Member Gold Member

If hes still there can we phone him to see if we have qualified?

8. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley

Lol, that list of players.

There's probably about 1000 * defenders too though at that height.

Here's hoping he's a good one, but have to say Im not a fan of African defenders. I loved big Bobo, whilst limited in places he was a beast though which got him through.

Mind you imagine internet when Fly-Mo signed for them, that would have been a thread to change quickly.

9. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Edit: ach, I'm being a *. I just think you maybe took Ladbroke8's post a tad too seriously, mate. Sorry for being a * about it.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  10. BelfastCelt88

Yes of course there is. I'm making the point you don't need to be 6ft + to be a good defender.

11. s88 Gold Member Gold Member

You could easily mistake that for scouse after a few drinks!

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

http://www.soccerladuma.co.za/news/...irst-time-about-joining-glasgow-celtic/277886

“For me to come from where I come from and have the chance on that stage… It’s amazing,” he says excitedly. His dream has always been to play in the world’s biggest club football competition, and now it’s within touching distance.
    His first name was made famous by a Brazilian, but the 20-year-old Bafana Bafana international now has the chance to make his surname international after agreeing to join Scottish giants, Glasgow Celtic.

Despite his age, Coetzee has plenty of experience in the Absa Premiership with Ajax Cape Town - a club with a history of developing players - and for the South African national team, with that experience no doubt being one of the things that attracted Brendan Rodgers to him as he plans to continue Celtic’s dominance in the Scottish Premier League.
    Young, and with undoubted potential, ‘Riva’ has already made waves in South Africa following his international debut at 17, and now he says he’s ready to take the next step and show what he can do with the 48-time Scottish champions as he prepares to leave the Urban Warriors, five years after he joined them as a fresh-faced 15-year-old.

“I’m over the moon,” he told the Siya crew today. “It’s something that I’ve always worked towards since I joined Ajax, and now it’s happened. I think that it’s the right time and the right club.
    “I met with the Celtic scout, and he showed me some videos about the club, supporters and facilities. I think it’s the best option because the coach believes in youngsters and the type of football they play, coming out of the back, suits me nicely.”
    Taking a step into a very physical league, with the notorious Old Firm Derby with Glasgow Rangers, Coetzee knows about the demands of his new club but remains confident in his own ability.
    He said, “I don’t think that I need to work on anything physically, I think my body is right the way it is. It’s not about being physical, sometimes you need to be a bit more aggressive but I’m not really that kind of player. I’m just going to go there and play my football, that’s why they’ve signed me. The coach will advise me on what I need to work on.”

Michael Makaab Jnr, of Prosport International, was the man who helped make the deal happen and also informed the player of Celtic’s original interest - an interest that Coetzee says he ‘couldn’t believe’.
    He explained, “When Michael told me that Celtic was interested and I knew that Brendan Rodgers was the coach, I couldn’t believe it… It’s every footballer’s dream to play in the Champions League, and I have the opportunity to do that now. It’s up to me to make full use of it.”

And the famous Scottish weather? With highs of 5°C and a very real chance of playing in sub-zero temperatures, is he prepared for the coldest winter he’s ever had?
    “Obviously I knew that the day will come when I would need to leave my comfort zone,” he explains. “With the weather and the way they live in Scotland, I just need to adapt to that and remember why I’m doing it. I’m doing this for my family, so the weather won’t affect me, even if there’s just two sunny days a year! I want to adapt quickly and try and get in the team quickly.
    “Hopefully the move is good for me and for the national team if I keep getting future call-ups. It’s for all those that believed in me. It’s my time to pay them back now, and show that they didn’t make a mistake in helping me get this far.”

Coetzee, who scored in his final game for Ajax, is due to jet out of South Africa at some point in the coming week to join up with Celtic’s first team and meet his new colleagues in the UK, with his debut possibly following the FIFA break which takes place after next weekend.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Scotland isn't that cold ffs.

14. DembelesDa

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    With highs of 5 :giggle1:

15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    * acting as though it's Siberia :56:

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

It's * cold during the summer * sake. :fear:

17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

When can you start Rivaldo...

Murph-E likes this.
  18. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Can't be worse than biton. Stick him in.

19. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
  20. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.