1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Luca Connell

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Valhalla, Jun 29, 2019.

Discuss Luca Connell in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    poor Jack :54:

Tommy25 likes this.
  2. clonbhoy

He really is a sexy *. He might make me reconsider my sexuality.

bagforlife, The IRA and Jeannie960 like this.
  3. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I just want to be his mammy :56:

bagforlife and clonbhoy like this.
  4. clonbhoy

I want be his daddy...

Bhoyyo, bagforlife and Jeannie960 like this.
  5. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    n
    now I worry about that considering the context of your last post :97::56:

Dannybhoy81 and clonbhoy like this.
  6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Pleased to see another signing in the door, hope he turns out to be a shrewd signing.

7. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Ha ha

Jeannie960 likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

LUCA CONNELL has targeted Champions League glory nights after clinching a dream move to Celtic.

The Hoops have sealed a cut-price deal for the highly-rated 18-year-old Bolton midfielder.

Connell was being tracked by Premier League clubs, but he admits the prospect of European football lured him to Celtic.

Connell said: “I’m looking forward to all the league games, but especially the Champions League.

If I could make my debut in Europe, I’m really going to need that confidence to play at that level.

“I’ve gone from one end of the football scale to the other and it’s crazy to be at Celtic. This is such a big club and I can’t wait to get started. I believe in myself and my team-mates. They’re making history and hopefully I can help them win ten in a row.

“I’m more than ready for the pressure. I can’t wait.

It’s unbelievable to sign for such a massive club, known all around the world.

“It’s a dream come true for me. That is what I wanted since I was a little boy, so it’s unbelievable to be here. I’ve been to the stadium when it was empty and, looking around, I can’t even imagine what it will be like when full.

“Hopefully I can get out there, playing in front of the crowd and winning games.”

Connell was the one bright spot from Bolton’s nightmare season as they lurched into administration.

Connell said: “I broke into the Bolton side when I was 17 in January. I played 12 games and then a few weeks ago I heard Celtic were interested in me.

“We’ve been sorting things out for a few weeks and I’m just grateful it’s all done now.

“I’ve put pen to paper and I’m made up.

“It’s crazy. It hasn’t sunk in yet that I have joined such a big club with amazing history. Hopefully I can help create more history and crack on.”

Connell is most comfortable in midfield, but has told Neil Lennon he can play left-back.

The Republic of Ireland kid added: “I like to get on the ball and pass. But if a game’s scrappy, I can get stuck in.

“I don’t mind where I play. Some would say I’m versatile.

“I’m left-sided and play in midfield mostly, but I can fill in at left-back too.” Bolton’s administrators thanked Celtic for playing fair over Connell’s transfer fee.

A statement said: “We took legal advice once he submitted his notice of termination. But the discrepancy in regulations between England and Scotland meant we had no option but to accept the situation.

“Celtic recognised that and agreed to pay substantially more than the financial obligations in Luca’s contract.”

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    If a games scrappy I can get stuck in.

That's what I like to hear.

bagforlife, Keano88, Twisty and 4 others like this.
  10. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Sounds like a Joe Ledley style player.
    He was great at covering Izzy when he was up the wing.

Could be a decent prospect

11. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    I still think about that Yankee candle joke most days you know.

Avatar Daizen, Hoops13 and Maestro 08 like this.
  12. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Hadn’t heard of him before but saw Bolton fans say he was worth millions.

Wonder if he will be in the reserves, loaned or straight in the A team.

13. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Hate to put a downer on things troops but this may be a replacement for the bold calmac eventually.

Looking forward to seeing what the lad can do.

14. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

I'd be raging if he was stuck out on loan,genuinely excited to see him play for us :ireland:

15. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Welcome to Celtic Luca! Us English accents / Irish passport holders rock! :) *... I wish I had hair like that lol! *, I just wish I had hair! Hope you score against a certain blue scouse soon!

bagforlife and Jeannie960 like this.
  16. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    Really can't see that happening, there would be riots if we sold Tierney and Mcgregor in the same window. Especially replacing our most important player with a boy who's only played 12 senior games.

17. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Hope yer right mate, want Calmac here for years to come.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

LUCA CONNELL normally presses the mute button when ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’ plays.

Now the new Celtic kid can’t wait to experience the song booming out of the Parkhead speakers.

Teenage midfielder Connell hails from Liverpool — but is a lifelong Everton fan.

The 18-year-old admits it will be strange to hear the Reds’ anthem before Celtic home games.

But Connell — named after Gianluca Vialli — insists he will get used to it as he settles in at the Hoops.

He said: “I’ve been thinking about the ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’ thing — but that’s the club, isn’t it? You’ve got to respect the club. I’m sure it will be on the good side.

“I’m an Everton fan. My hero was probably Seamus Coleman.

“I got to train with him when I was with the Republic of Ireland squad, so even better.

But it’s a dream come true for me to be able to put the Celtic shirt on.

“The story behind my name is quite simple. My dad’s favourite player when he was growing up was Gianluca Vialli.

“So it just came from there, really. That’s how I got it.

“My dad, Andrew, loved Vialli. He was playing for Italy at the time and my dad loved Italy.

My full name is Luca John Andy Connell. It’s quite plain in the middle, isn’t it?”

As a proud Evertonian, Connell will probably take more pleasure in getting one over Rangers boss Steven Gerrard.

But the new Celtic kid insists he will not be thinking about any Merseyside rivalry in Old Firm games.

He said: “I am just playing for Celtic and I am focusing on that.

“As long as we are getting the results, that’s all that matters, isn’t it?

“But I’m looking forward to those big games, I can’t wait.

“I’ve been told about the rivalry, and I’ve been told that it is worse than Everton and Liverpool.

“But it is another thing for me to look forward to. It is unbelievable.”

Connell was being chased by Premier League clubs after he was given a Republic of Ireland call-up at 18.

He trained with them during the summer and revealed the Irish staff urged him to join Celtic.

He said: “My mum’s parents — my nan and grandad — are both from Dublin. That’s how I qualify for Ireland and they are Celtic fans.

“I spoke to Mick McCarthy and Robbie Keane — they’ve both had the experience of playing for Celtic.

They both talked highly of the club and couldn’t fault it, so that gave me another reason to put pen to paper.”

Connell was gutted with Bolton’s demise into administration last season and was sad to leave after 11 years.

He said: “I’ve been at Bolton since I was aged seven and I can’t fault them in any way.

“They’ve treated me brilliantly and I believe I’ve treated them well and tried my best for them.

“I just thought there is a time in everyone’s career when you’ve got to have a new start.

“I felt mine was now. Hopefully I can crack on but I wish Bolton all the best. Once the big move was available to me I felt I had to take it.

“It wasn’t too bad for me last season.

“I was just at the start of my career and I was enjoying playing every week — that was what was important to me.

“I was on a scholarship and still getting paid.

“But guys in the first team had kids and a wife to look after so it was hard for them to stick at it and keep their heads focused on the game.

“But I think everyone managed to stay positive.”

Connell’s ready to learn at Celtic but wants to break into Neil Lennon’s side as soon as possible.

He said: “I might have to be patient, because there are a lot of good players here.

“But I’m coming here to play, and I want to get straight into that first team as soon as I can.

19. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

Sounds like he’s got a right good catholic work ethic.

Nice to see.

20. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Not seeing much of them livid. Actually the majority seem to be wishing him luck, saying you can’t turn down the opportunity. Many are upset as he was the standout in their youth teams who were apparently very good. Most are also just worried about their clubs future.

Polar opposite of the Brentford fans reactions to Aribo. Can’t fault the Bolton fans at all.